You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

Guest San Don

El sulky twat is still crying wolf.

Fernando Torres has lifted the lid on his acrimonious departure from Liverpool, claiming the club lied to him and that Liverpool’s American owners made false promises.

The Chelsea striker says he was let down by the Fenway Sports Group before his acrimonious £50million transfer to Stamford Bridge in January.

‘The Liverpool fans don’t know the truth about why I signed for Chelsea,’ the 27-year-old, who spent three-and-a-half seasons at Anfield, told Spanish television.

‘The fans don’t even know half of what happened. They don’t know what the people in charge at Liverpool are like - they have a completely different perception of what they are like.

They made promises that they didn’t keep and I left because I realized I didn’t have time to be part of a project that would take years.’

The former Kop idol, who netted 81 times in 142 Liverpool appearances, also attempted to build bridges with the Anfield faithful.

‘I have nothing against the Liverpool fans,’ he said. ‘I didn’t want to leave Liverpool the way I did but the club lied. I was let down and I don’t understand why the fans hate me.’

And while he has scored just five times in 35 Chelsea appearances, Torres is backing himself to rediscover his goalscoring touch for the Blues and Spain.

‘It’s true that Vicente Del Bosque is worried about me and my form for Chelsea. It’s up to me to go back to being the striker I was before.

‘If I go back to how I was a few years ago, I will again play an important role in the Spanish national team.’

‘I am going to try to be very humble and get back into the Chelsea starting line-up,' said Torres, who has seen chances limited thanks to the resurgence of Didier Drogba.

He also spoke of the pain of being on the Chelsea bench – but says he should be shown more respect given his achievements in the game.

‘My form has not been good but I am world and European champion and I deserve more respect,’ he said.

‘It’s hard being on the bench but I respect the players who are playing. I’m going to support the team and get back in,’ he said.

Read more: Torres: Liverpool owners lied to me and fans don't know the truth about why I joined Chelsea | Mail Online

Why dont you just crawl off to another 'big club' where they 'know you are a professional' instead of bitching about your sorry state at chelshit?

Guest San Don
Well if we don't know the half of it, why doesn't he enlighten us then.

I take it that means there's also no chance of him coming back in January... Good!

That's about the 3rd article now where he has said the owners lied but he has failed to even hint at what these 'lies' were.

Im also bemused at his claim FSG lied to him. Perhaps with him having so much time on the chelshit bench, his mind has started to play funny tricks on him. Like making him think FSG told him a pack when he probably mean the two cancers?

Every time he comes out with these sob stories 'Im a great player me, la. I deserve some respect, dontcha know?' its another nail in the myth of him coming back here.

The only way he'll every step foot in Anfield again is as a visiting club's player. Even then, it'll probably be as a sub!

That last bit reads like this:

"I know I don't deserve to be playing on merit alone, but I want to play for Spain again, so they should play me despite all that... I mean... I have won stuff with Spain before, and I used to be boss when I was at Liverpool... so play me, AVB, until I start playing boss again... and THEN I'll be in the team on Merit! Win-win!"

so what are these lies?

I presume he is on about transfers, you gave them 3 weeks of the January transfer window in which they were working on signing a forward who is twice the player you'll ever be before you decided you were off you fucking tranny mong benchwarming cunt

He's transparently narcissistic, can't handle that we don't like him, and threw away his status as a legend of the club.

All those ace goals he scored here are tainted by the fact that we can't stand him. That's got to be hard to take. He's only got himself to blame though.

Torres the man suited a club where he would have the adulation of fans like ours; a team that elevates its players to hero status. Chelsea simply doesn't do that. I wouldn't be surprised if he massively regrets leaving us.

Guest San Don
He's transparently narcissistic, can't handle that we don't like him, and threw away his status as a legend of the club.

All those ace goals he scored here are tainted by the fact that we can't stand him. That's got to be hard to take. He's only got himself to blame though.

Torres the man suited a club where he would have the adulation of fans like ours; a team that elevates its players to hero status. Chelsea simply doesn't do that. I wouldn't be surprised if he massively regrets leaving us.

I get the impression he's trying to convince himself he doesnt regret leaving. Clearly though it isnt working as this is all he keeps bitching about.

If he maintains FSG lied to him as well as the two cancers, WTF doesnt he start alluding to exactly what these lies were? What is he afraid of? He's admitted he's lost the Liverpool fans so why is he holding back?

is it because his mind is in such turmoil that he cant really remember if it was FSG who lied or the two cancers? He seems to keep harping on that 'the club' lied to him.

That very much suggests to me it was the two cancers who lied (well fuck me, what a surprise!) and that he didnt give FSG a chance.

When Torres fucked off last season I was under the impression he was a hard-nosed cunt. Having read what must be the tenth excuse for him going (added to his absymal form since) I'm coming to the conclusion he's in the grip of some serious emotional turmoil.

They made promises that they didn’t keep and I left because I realized I didn’t have time to be part of a project that would take years.’

What to make of this? FSG had only been the owners for a couple of months when he left, they hadn't even got their feet under the table, so what promises could they have broken in that time? And that's leaving aside the fact that we were already signing a partner for him before he handed in his transfer request.

I would've respected him more (not much, mind) if he just stuck to saying that he couldn't hang about for a period of rebuilding.

has anyone actually seen an interview with him where we haven't been the main subject other than the one he did immediately after signing for them

You'd be pretty pissed off if you were a Chelsea fan if every time you picked up a paper you read him having a moan about his time at Liverpool, it's obvious he regrets moving. I'm sure if Carroll was going on about Newcastle at every opportunity we'd have something to say about it (which to his credit he hasn't said a word since he joined us...)

I always thought he was annoyed with Hicks / Gillett, when he talked about false promises. Now it seems it is FSG who were the ones giving him the false promises, in his opinion.

Next week it will be another reason for leaving. Here's one for you Fernando. How about you get your head down and try to get some form for your own team instead of bleating on about your old club every time you speak. After all, you did sign a multi-million pound contract effectively promising to do this. Or else it won't be long before your agent has to produce a glossy brochure out of desperation, highlighting your many qualities for potential suitors.

‘I have nothing against the Liverpool fans,’ he said. ‘I didn’t want to leave Liverpool the way I did but the club lied. I was let down and I don’t understand why the fans hate me.’

HA-FUCKING-HA!!

I don't even hate him, i just find his obsession with us, and his shitness now, absolutely hilarious.

Different story if he was scoring every week for them obviously though.

I always thought he was annoyed with Hicks / Gillett, when he talked about false promises. Now it seems it is FSG who were the ones giving him the false promises, in his opinion.

I'd be very surprised if FSG made him any promises as I remember Pepe saying that when C&A came in, they were going around saying that they were going to do this and do that, while when FSG came in, they sat down with the senior players and ASKED them what was needed and how we get where we need to get.

Expect "Lost in Translation" to come out very soon.