You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The word "capitulation" has been re-defined by the Indians in the last two tests. I obviously think its hilariously funny (more so because I find their recalcitrance over DRS to be really, really annoying) but at the same time their lack of fight is sickening.

I agree, it was pathetic, and it's not good for Test cricket as a whole to have a supposedly top-tier team lose in three days, not once, but twice, in back to back matches. We even lost overs in this one to rain, and it was over in basically seven sessions! People bought tickets for tomorrow on the reasonable assumption there'd be cricket to watch on day four of a Test between two supposedly top sides. They'll get refunds, but that doesn't help explaining to your kids that the game they'd been looking forward to for weeks is already over.

Then again, if the collapse bothers us lot, imagine how it feels to be an Indian cricket fan right now. Sunil Gavaskar certainly wasn't holding back on TMS:

"If you do not want to be playing Test cricket for India, quit. Just play limited-overs cricket. You should not be embarrassing your country like that."

Then again, if the collapse bothers us lot, imagine how it feels to be an Indian cricket fan right now. Sunil Gavaskar certainly wasn't holding back on TMS:

"If you do not want to be playing Test cricket for India, quit. Just play limited-overs cricket. You should not be embarrassing your country like that."

Can't argue with any of that.

India are fucking rubbish unless they play on flat/dry tracks.  I actually wonder if they give a shit about test match cricket anymore.  After a good start to the series they have been utterly abysmal in the last 3 tests. Lack of heart, technique and ability.

As for England.  A very good turn around and a much needed confidence boost.  There are still a few problems with this team but it is young and improving.  The real litmus test though will be next year.  Away to the Windies, a tricky home series to NZ, home to Australia for the Ashes then away to Pakistan & The Saffers.

IMO question marks of the opening partnership.  Lack of a real top class 3rd bowler, ideally with pace (late 80's early 90's mph)  & the spinning option.  Can Ali progress.  He looks ok at the moment but nothing more.  Unless you have 3 or 4 genuine top class quicks you simply have to have a quality wicket taking spinner in the team and not just a end filler.  At present our seam attack is too much swing related. 

Fuck India. They worked hard to set up the series nicely by going 1-0 up after the 2nd Test, only to capitulate in the most embarrassing manner possible. Their batsmen should fucking hang their heads in shame, as should those who put down a load of chances in the field. Absolutely ruined the spectacle from a neutral perspective. Mitchell Johnson is going to fill his boots again this summer, if this shit is anything to go by.

Anyone else watching T20 finals day? Warwickshire (I refuse to call them Birmingham) battered those London cunts Surrey earlier which I liked, and Lancs are well on top here against Hampshire. It's about time teams from the North division came to the party. Good to see Jimmy Anderson and Jos Buttler in the Lancs team too.

• Upvote 1

I kept again yesterday, was ok standing back but shit standing up. Snatching and missing all sorts, that combined with my crumbling hips means I'm never doing it again. I'm currently full of Peroni, painkillers and have a hot water bottle in my right hip. I hate getting old.

Gutted about the rain. My day was set aside for sitting on the sofa watching cricket. Now I am sitting in the sofa watching less good stuff!

I took a refund on tickets a few weeks back.

I can actually see a few overs being bowled under the premise of a 20 over game just to avoid giving refunds.

"I remember sitting in a team meeting - before the new fielding restrictions were brought in - and we were told that if we scored 239 we will win 72% of games. That meant the whole game was built on having so many runs by a certain stage and having so many partnerships. I used to shake my head, thinking 'this is crazy'. I remember Jonathan Trott getting close to a hundred in Colombo. We had batted to our plan almost perfectly and scored 229. Trotty got 86 in 115 balls. Everyone said "brilliant", then Sri Lanka knocked them off in 39.3 overs."