You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's not surprising to see India looking more comfortable playing the short forms of the game. While they worship the likes of Tendulkar who was a master of Test cricket, they seem to have created a cricketing culture where the patience, stamina and mental strength needed to succeed in Test cricket are things that their cricketers are seldom interested in, preferring instead the relative razzmatazz and instant hit status provided by 50-overs and T20 cricket.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's not surprising to see India looking more comfortable playing the short forms of the game. While they worship the likes of Tendulkar who was a master of Test cricket, they seem to have created a cricketing culture where the patience, stamina and mental strength needed to succeed in Test cricket are things that their cricketers are seldom interested in, preferring instead the relative razzmatazz and instant hit status provided by 50-overs and T20 cricket.

I also have a feeling that is why they won't relent on the DRS system. 

And don't forget the money.

Flintoff earned more money in one failed attempt at IPL than he did in his entire England and Lancs career. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Was hard to predict how we'd start the innings wasn't it?

If only life was so simple mate..... We won't learn though, come thee WC Cook will still be there and we'll be picking bowlers who can bat instead of bowlers who can actually fucking bowl. We'll deserve all the shit we will get. 

If only life was so simple mate..... We won't learn though, come thee WC Cook will still be there and we'll be picking bowlers who can bat instead of bowlers who can actually fucking bowl. We'll deserve all the shit we will get. 

My pet fucking hate.

You end up with twats that aren't international class at bowling or batting.

Guest Pistonbroke

My pet fucking hate.

You end up with twats that aren't international class at bowling or batting.

As this match proves, If we had three actual bowlers we wouldn't be chasing 300+ plus, this run chase has been an embarrassment from Cook wasting balls, the middle order getting bogged down and playing shite shots to the so called bowler/batsman being shite. Total overhaul needed at this form of the game, test side isn't all that either, despite beating a shite Indian test team. 

Cook set the tone with his hour and a half 40 odd. Hales realised only one of them was actually going to try and up the rate, pressure tell, he gets out. Cue collapse.

Just fucking bin him. 

I get what you're saying but if Cook has a partner that actually attacks it would be a very different picture.

Don't get me wrong, Cook is only in the side because they made him test captain but I've seen far worse performances from him. 

I am a big fan of Root at Test level.  But I think England might have better options than him for the 50 over ODI format.

I heard Beefy say on commentary that Ballance averages over 50 in domestic one day cricket and Root is around 30.   Yet Root is playing ahead of him.  I also struggle to see how Ali doesn't get in the side, when he is Englands best spinner it seems at the moment and he can bat.  England should have him and Tredwell in the team, as spin is much harder to score off than pace.