You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

Evra the uber-cunt should be done for defamation if the investigation fail to prove Suarez guilt. Hardly think Suarez would be stupid enough to shout racial slur infront of 45 000 people and 100 television cameras. Oh and the fact that he's had black team mates since moving to europe and probably before that aswell.

Playing Devils Advocate but John Terry has played alongside black players throughout his career and remember the claims made against him a few years ago and Ron Atkinson had managed some fantastic black players over the years and look what happened to him. It doesn't really mean anything that.

Suarez can be can annoying cunt for opposition defenders but two things have to be considered. a) The guy can hardly speak english and b) if it had of happened during the game, more people would have seen/heard of it. Its near impossible to pin this on Luis,

Suarez can be can annoying cunt for opposition defenders but two things have to be considered. a) The guy can hardly speak english and b) if it had of happened during the game, more people would have seen/heard of it. Its near impossible to pin this on Luis,

That's a good point about the English aspect Robbie yeah. I don't think it happened myself but as I say I would still want it to be investigated. The FA has a moral duty to do that much.

The part about more players having heard it is an interesting one as again I go back to Harkness and Collymore two players who speak English as their first language. Us and Villa had more English players in their starting line ups back then than they would now but none of the players backed up either of the players involved. The fact nobody backed Stans claim up at the time doesn't mean it didn't happen however but it couldn't be proved at the same time that Steve was guilty of it.

If Luis did use the word that rhymes with snigger, frigger, jigger and bigger, then I'm sure that he was using it in the sense that Chris Rock did when he was making comparisons between black people and cuntish black people. Surely Evra falls into the latter category and that merely makes Luis a good judge of character.

Well its a pretty serious accusation to make.

If Suarez done it, hes a fucking dickhead.

But I really really doubt he did and Evra should be pulled up on it if turns out to be totally untrue.

I have a feeling though it will be palmed off as being unable to prove either way when in reality everyone will know Evra was bullshitting.

Edit: I'm assuming hes bullshitting mainly because if the claim is Suarez said it 10 times, I'd say thats almost impossible for the cameras not to have caught and have a lip reader check it out.

I'm stunned at the sheer magnitude of the accusation. He's racially abused him on no fewer than 10 occasions, in the biggest club fixture in world football, in front of millions of people.

Fans world over are'nt talking about the game, they're asking if Suarez is a racist or not. Its an attack on Luis' character, a reputation he needs and values so highly. His advisers will surely take action on this slur if Evra is lying.

Its unprecedented. Dont think it can be compared with a scuffle with a groundsman or an incident which happened in a minor fixture. The consequences for Luis are great.

I'm stunned at the sheer magnitude of the accusation. He's racially abused him on no fewer than 10 occasions, in the biggest club fixture in world football, in front of millions of people.

Thats the kicker for me. Now, IF and I emphasize IF the claim is he said it 10 times which I think is what Evra is claiming.

Theres no way that would have gone unnoticed and unheard. I'd say absolutely impossible. Someone else on the United team would have heard it and all hell would be breaking loose or somebody somewhere of all the millions of the people watching it would have noticed him saying it.

We'll know soon enough anyway because if Luis did say it ten times, multiple cameras will have caught it, a lip reader should easily be able to make out what hes said unless hes a world class ventriloquist and he'll subsequently be punished for it.

In Hong Kong, apparently they have a Cantonese word that sounds like the N-word, but is basically a sentence-filling nothing word, a bit like when we use "umm", "erm" or "er" in English. This has no relevance to the Evra/Suarez thing but I just thought I'd mention it anyway.

thats called Tourettes over here.

The fact is none of us know if this is true or not. Obviously it should be investigated and, if its true, luis should be given a hefty fine, at least a 3 match ban and a warning from us that any further incidents and he will be sold. Might sound dramatic to some but there is no excuse for that kind of thing and Liverpool Football Club should never tolerate anything like that. Like I say though, that's if its proven beyond any doubt that he has said it. Sadly I don't think evra can be punished if it isn't proven because u can't prove a negative. Its possible, although extremely unlikely, that something could have been said and there is absolutely no proof so there is no way of saying for certain that it definitely didn't happen. Hopefully there will be no proof of anything and that will be that.

I think it's bollocks for the following reasons (most of which I've robbed from previous posts)

• No-one in a top level game can say the word "nigger" 10 times and it not be picked up on by cameras
  • The ref would surely have heard at least 1/10 and acted accordingly
  • He barely speaks enough english to create racial slurs and I'm sure the word nigger isn't in his syllabus
  • If he's a massive racist it would've been exposed earlier in his career
  • Evra would have contacted the police to formally investigate as racism is a crime

I might be proved wrong but I find it very hard to believe.

In other news a lot of blueshite are harping on about our fans throwing things at Evra, was this picked up on at all by anyone?

It might've been a two way thing too. Evra might've called Luis a "White Honky bastard".

To make a small point clear. Racism is a two way thing.

If Luis is guilty, then yes, he should have the book thrown at him. But, if Evra is crying wolf then he should be banned for a considerable spell. The same way Diouf should've been with his claims about the Bitters throwing bananas and racist ball boys.

I think it's more to do with Suarez giving Evra the run around all game then when Suarez kicked him down by the corner flag he rolled around on the floor looking for attention and the ref ignored him, he tried to get Suarez booked and again the ref ignored him, he then seemed to lose it and was arguing with Suarez, Kuyt and the ref, who then decided to book him for being a cunt.

So now he's stamped his feet waved his arms and had a hissy little fit and run to his friends in the french media.

Love how Suarez twisted him so hard that Evra almost fucked his knee up.

Evra thinks every day is off the set of Mississippee Burning, and he's some rightous brother on a mission. There is no fight, you're on £75k a week and you're still riling up paying fans with your shit, you're a disgrace, a mong surrender monkey.