You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

The statement says Evra's crying wolf. I'm pretty sure he's not actually made any complaints before. Someone at the club needs their arse kicking for that.

Why? This case is built on lies and bullshit accusations, so why shouldn't we start throwing shit around all over the place as well.

Guest San Don
The statement says Evra's crying wolf. I'm pretty sure he's not actually made any complaints before. Someone at the club needs their arse kicking for that.

Or perhaps you should read up on the battle of stamford bridge evra v the groundsman?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The fucking ignorance I've come across tonight is almost unbareable. Fucking cunts.

Backing Luis right the way to the overturned verdict.

Just read Holt and Lipton as well.

What a load of sanctimonious cuntery. It begins.

Someone on Rawk posted this (ok yes I do go on it from time to time) . Seems as though the independent panel wasn't very independent at all. The independent QC the F.A used is the QC the F.A use in normal disciplinary hearings.

''I can't comment on the expertise of our legal team but what I'm particularly surprised with is that there was no apparent challenge to the panel.

My opinion comes from being a practising barrister.

The chairman, Mr Peter Goulding QC represented the FA in the Rooney appeal. He appears to be what we call the FA's standing counsel.

Yet the tribunal is supposed to be impartial. Bias is judged on the reasonable bystander approach of whether there appears to be from a reasonable bystander's perspective either real or perceived bias.

I'm not disputing Mr Goulding's credentials. However, I just wonder how you can have the chairman of an independent panel being the one and same person who earns a shilling from the organisation he is supposed to be independent from. Surely there is a perception of bias here?

I must say I was surprised that we didn't hire a top notch QC in the disciplinary field for this case. I'm not trying to have a pop at the solicitor instructed who I am sure did her best.''

-

A couple of observations.

Firstly, I suspect that the rules for disciplinary hearings are approved by all clubs , who agree to be bound by the rules as a condition of membership. Disputing the process is likely to be fruitless, on the basis that we would have agreed to be bound by them in the first place. Those rules will include how disciplinary tribunals are constituted.

So, complaining about the rules will almost certainly be pointless. We would need to demonstrate that the FA broke its own rules. No-one has yet established how that might be done. Suggesting the potential for bias, which may have been built into the rules, is not enough. Bias would need to be proved- which is far more difficult.

The quote suggests that a challenge might be posssible on the basis that the rules, although properly constituted, were unreasonable or unjust. That is uncharted territory which would be a massive, controversial and uncertain process.

The FA are a shower of racist, biggoted cunts.

Fucking ridiculous, hate to say but I knew this was going to happen from the moment he ws charged.

The FA need to show they are serious about racism, unlike FIFA who are corrupt and racists. I have no proof of this, but I am sure I can find a black person to corroborate this, thereby lending some authority to my claim.

Or perhaps you should read up on the battle of stamford bridge evra v the groundsman?

Maybe you should. It wasn't Evra that made the accusation againt the groundsman, he's still a lying cunt but let's get the facts right. I think LFC were referring to the Mariner case.

Those pieces from Lipton, Maddock and Holt are not just xenophobic but lacking in any sort of understanding of the situation. Horrible pieces of journalism

'Racism is unacceptable in English football, no matter what the mitigation put forward.'

That sentance from Lipton's piece sums it up....we werent arguing mitigation for Racism (there is none) but arguing they was any fucking racism involved. They will be banning foreign players from speaking in there own language soon.

What the fuck are you on about... What about the incidents at Stamford Bridge and in the world cup with the French coach...?

A couple of observations.

Firstly, I suspect that the rules for disciplinary hearings are approved by all clubs , who agree to be bound by the rules as a condition of membership. Disputing the process is likely to be fruitless, on the basis that we would have agreed to be bound by them in the first place. Those rules will include how disciplinary tribunals are constituted.

So, complaining about the rules will almost certainly be pointless. We would need to demonstrate that the FA broke its own rules. No-one has yet established how that might be done. Suggesting the potential for bias, which may have been built into the rules, is not enough. Bias would need to be proved- which is far more difficult.

The quoted suggests that a challenge might be posssible on the basis that the rules, although properly constituted, were unreasonable or unjust. That is uncharted territory which would be a massive, controversial and uncertain process.

All fair enough but what do you think we can do then?

Just keep going with this same endless shit year in year out. Were the FA do the bidding of 1 club and anyone comes a cropper of that club gets shit all over for funsies.

That can't keep happening.

First things first, quick letter to the Guardian informing them that that arse licking sychopantic gobshite Daniel Taylor is not welcome at Anfield.

Unless he buys his own tickets.

Make a statement tomorrow that we will not cooperate with the FA from now on. If Fabio wants to watch our players he can buy a fucking ticket, and make sure he has to buy a membership card first!

Cunts, this is going to cost me a fortune I have buy a France top, a Sweden top and a Ukraine top now!

With a bit of luck you won't have to buy a 4th top!

I think we have to take the appeal all the way. Even if we lose, it sends out a message to Luis that we support him totally- worth the cost in terms of money spent to keep him feeling supported and valued. Even if they increase the ban, I'd rather that than meekly keep accepting this shit from the FA mancs.

Im almost at a loss for words, they have actually given him 8 fucking games for using abusive language towards an opponent and it's not been established that it was racist.

They have set a precedent for abusive language setting themselves up for all sorts of problems in the future. I mean there are at least 10 situations in each game where players are calling each other all sorts of foul things. For fuck sake, i dont get it. I cannot believe this will hold up.