You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

Liverpool are close to clinching a deal for Portugal Under 19 playmaker Joao Carlos Teixeira.

The Sporting Lisbon youngster starlet grabbed Liverpool's attention by scoring against them in the NextGen - a Champions League-style tournament for youth teams.

Teixeira, who has just turned 19, is set to sign on at Merseyside for a deal worth up to just £850,000, according to Portuguese newspaper Record.

The playmaker, who has come through the same academy as Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani, Figo and Paulo Futre, was reportedly targeted at the insistence of Liverpool's academy technical manager Jose Segura.

Teixeira has shown enough promise to train with Sporting's first-team this season, but has yet to make his senior debut.

Can you provide the link for that please mate?

It's wasting money on those kind of players that make sure we're standing still when we need to move forward. This is a case of people thinking the grass is greener on the other side. Which it certainly isnt in this case.

What, it's wasting money on strikers who score goals when we actually need a striker who can score goals? Sorry, didn't realise you were Mystic Meg.

Watched Moneyball last night and I hope thats not how we are approaching our transfers. As this tactic works in baseball I dont think it would work in Football as its only really a game of rounders. Looking at our recent signings it looks like Carroll, Downing and maybe Henderson have been signed using this tactic.

Yeah, more than. So what's 'just enough'? Half a match? 10 minutes? A spreadsheet?

So quick question , how many times have you watched him and do you know how many times have our scouts watched him ? Can you confirm that we have or have not enquired about him given that we have now gone back to the days when we did our business a quietly as possible?

What, it's wasting money on strikers who score goals when we actually need a striker who can score goals? Sorry, didn't realise you were Mystic Meg.

No, that's obviously not what im saying. What im saying is far too often have we spent money on average players that are no better than what we already had.

And that is exactly what i think spending money on Sow would be. He simply isnt the consistent goalscorer we need. He's had one good season out of several, in a compared to the prem, average league. It's not like he's some young prospect either where his type of inconsistency in both his goal scoring and his general performances are to be expected.

The discussion seems pointless though, was reported Lille has agreed terms with Fenerbache for Sow, to my delight.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So quick question , how many times have you watched him

CL, Europa and International (including U21s), probably about 15.

and do you know how many times have our scouts watched him ? Can you confirm that we have or have not enquired about him given that we have now gone back to the days when we did our business a quietly as possible?

No, can't confirm anything. However, I was commenting on the news that he looks to be off to Galatasaray, which seemed credible enough to talk about. Next.

this?

Kristian_Walsh Kristian Walsh BREAKING: Liverpool confirm talks with SSC Napoli over Cavani transfer; bid accepted by Italian club. #LFC #Napoli bit.ly/yxG5mw

linky takes you to the epetition

I really don’t like that.

I absolutely agree with the petition of course, but I just don’t like people going about it this way.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I really don’t like that.

I absolutely agree with the petition of course, but I just don’t like people going about it this way.

It fucking sucks.