You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

An extra 13,500 seats , and two more imposing stands wont make much difference to the area at all.

The surrounding area, in part, has been blighted by the club's piecemeal acquisition policy. The part renovation of the stadium will also blight the area during construction for a longer period than a new stadium would have done.

There has been no commitment to invest beyond the stadium, whereas a New Anfield would have delivered Anfield Plaza.

A two stand rebuild does not rescue the area. We are no saviours. It will require more Council cash to do that, and more than would have been needed if a New Anfield had been built.

I never mentioned the capacity transforming the area!

I'm arguing that given a more liberal approach to expansion, they COULD make difference in the long term... with improved facilities not just inside the stadium but around it too.

But an increased capacity still brings in more revenue for the few small businesses that are left... shops and pubs basically. But the better the stadium gets, the more inclined families will be to spend longer around it, and visit it more frequently. Right now, it's very much of an 'in and right back out' type affair, but with improvements more will be inclined to attend even on non-matchdays.

Of course LFC won't fix every problem Anfield has - but they can be the catalyst. If you make the stadium more inviting, then the pub around the corner does a bit more, and the local shop makes more of an effort... then a coffee shop opens up...and so forth.

I agree that the current improvement won't have much impact, but I'm on about the principle of not being as hindered as previously. The less hindrances in the way, and with sensible plans from the club, the community as a whole CAN benefit significantly. I least I believe so.

I thought it was £57, but could be wrong.  Shocking prices.

Welcome to the middle class game of football.

If FFP had any balls, it would be regulating ticket prices and giving clubs special dispensations for reducing the prices, not encouraging them to increase them.

A family sport my arse, you'd be shelling out best part of £150 quid for a bloke and two kids. Disgusting.

• Upvote 1

City have gone half now, half later too... works's well underway on the first half, but the site's a lot easier to work on than Anfield. I think City need to test the water for demand more than Liverpool do though.

The old section of the Ethiad is considerably younger than the old section of Anfield.

A City competing for the PL and I the CL will pull bigger crowds, and at the expense of us. The floating support in the North West is considerable, loyalty far less than it was in the pre Sky days

I never mentioned the capacity transforming the area!

I'm arguing that given a more liberal approach to expansion, they COULD make difference in the long term... with improved facilities not just inside the stadium but around it too.

But an increased capacity still brings in more revenue for the few small businesses that are left... shops and pubs basically. But the better the stadium gets, the more inclined families will be to spend longer around it, and visit it more frequently. Right now, it's very much of an 'in and right back out' type affair, but with improvements more will be inclined to attend even on non-matchdays.

Of course LFC won't fix every problem Anfield has - but they can be the catalyst. If you make the stadium more inviting, then the pub around the corner does a bit more, and the local shop makes more of an effort... then a coffee shop opens up...and so forth.

I agree that the current improvement won't have much impact, but I'm on about the principle of not being as hindered as previously. The less hindrances in the way, and with sensible plans from the club, the community as a whole CAN benefit significantly. I least I believe so.

I think that FSG have resisted the idea of investing beyond the curtilage of the stadium. Of the 13,500 new seats, at least 4000 will be premium seats where the purpose is for the money to be spent inside, not outside, the stadium. A half new /half old stadium also delivers only half the improvements in facilities that a new stadium would have.

There is little doubt that demand for “package” tickets for out of city and country supporters is underexploited at Anfield . But the hotel/meal/tour/ticket deals are unlikely to benefit those immediately around the stadium.

The idea of a football quarter has been floated, but neither us nor Everton, have really got behind the idea.

Former residents speak out as demolition work begins to make way for Liverpool Football Club's stadium redevelopment

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/former-residents-speak-out-as-demolition-work-begins-to-make-way-for-liverpool-football-clubs-stadium-redevelopment-9652446.html

Sounds like the area is on the up from the bits at the end

There's nothing wrong with terraced houses, but whoever said that area was beautiful in 1981 was just talking shite. It wasn't. The club has been a blight on the area for some time now, but let's hope that is about to change. The council needs to work with housing co-operatives and sort the whole fucking area out.

Listen you stupid fucking cunt I negged you for your shit comment if you don't like it then respond in the forum and stop sending me abusive PM's you wankstain

Fuck retard. I suppose you've negged everyone else for comments you dont like? Ill smash you a straightener if I see you at the ground 'wankstain.;

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I remember when you fired an insult at me by calling me Oscar Wilde. To be honest, it worked; I genuinely had, and still have no idea how to respond to that little pearler.

I remember when you fired an insult at me by calling me Oscar Wilde. To be honest, it worked; I genuinely had, and still have no idea how to respond to that little pearler.

Was it the one where I said you were in the gutter? Only face down not looking at the stars?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Was it the one where I said you were in the gutter? Only face down not looking at the stars?

Nah, that would have made sense.