You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who's coming up?

Steve

Given the weekends fixtures (Ipswich home to Cardiff and Palace at Coventry) the play offs lineup looks cut and dried, which is a shame as a short trip to Wigan would have been nice.

Has to be Sunderland to me. There are too many long hikes already without adding Ipswich to them (and they re managed by a bitter fat head), West Ham will be £40+ and Selhurst Park is a shit tip at the wrong end of the M25.

Anyone feel any different?

Sorry to see Wigan not have a chance at it, but for different reasons. deVos, their central defender is captain of Canada WC squad (anyone coming over for the USA tour, come a bit earlier and catch Canada vs Belize in a WC qualifier. :) ) Jim Brennan, Norwich City MF is aslo Canadian.

Watched a eredivisie match, and the Dutch do things different. Thier second div champion get automatic promotion, and last place goes down. The other top two and second and third bottom go into a play-off. I think that is a better system- every year (except two years ago?) its always at least one up goes back down.

They used to do that here in the 80s with third bottom going into a play off with 3rd, 4th and 5th. They stopped it though after a couple of seasons, the fact there was mayhem at Stamford Bridge when Boro sent Chelsea down was probably a factor.

Wigan still have a chance, would be great to have them in the premiership although I would fear for them getting any points next season.

Actually though they would get at least 6 by beating the blueshite home and away!

Wigan still have a chance, would be great to have them in the premiership although I would fear for them getting any points next season.

Actually though they would get at least 6 by beating the blueshite home and away!

Would be nice to see Lancashire have another Prem team,

especially now Yorkshire haven't got any :lol:

Even though I've got a soft spot for Dowie with his Norn Iron connections, I'd hate to see Palace come back up. I went to the cup game down there last season and the away section is fecking awful! And their fans were wankers.

Don't think it'll change between now and the end of the season