You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trump saying the USA may abandon NATO protection to fellow NATO countries would cause a massive problem within the NATO council, I reckon the shit cunt thinks he can lock down the US borders and go it alone.

Jeremy Corbyn likes this.

Jeremy Corbyn likes this.

I like it too. If he just disbanded NATO full stop I'd like it even more.

Anyway, I don't think he'd have the ability to do shit like that. The people behind the scenes keeping NATO going are probably a lot more powerful than Trump ever will be. At least collectively, whatever cabal they are.

I can't function/deal with things properly without some type of hope/optimism (well I can, but by being depressed.) so am going to wait and see what happens. It's not looking good though, can agree on that.

One of the two biggest cunts on the planet will be president.

One of the two biggest cunts on the planet will be president.

And the other is undergoing knee rehab in a hyperbaric chamber somewhere in Ibiza.

Am going to have some hope that Stein and Sanders have some good cards left to play. Just enough hope to keep me sane-ish.

If he just disbanded NATO full stop I'd like it even more.

Never understood why so many lefties hate the idea of countries banding together so nobody attacks them. I thought you were all into folk working together for the common good?

Never understood why so many lefties hate the idea of countries banding together so nobody attacks them. I thought you were all into folk working together for the common good?

It's almost as if some "lefties" have a rather different idea to you as to what NATO does.

It's almost as if some "lefties" have a rather different idea to you as to what NATO does.

Why would they have a different idea? NATO does exactly what it says on the tin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO /ˈneɪtoʊ/; French: Organisation du Traité de l'Atlantique Nord; OTAN), also called the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty which was signed on 4 April 1949. The organization constitutes a system of collective defence whereby its member states agree to mutual defence in response to an attack by any external party.

Ah teamwork. Great.

NATO is the embodiment of working together. Working 'together' with one party calling the shots isn't for the common good. I suspect you know this anyhow.

I can see we're entering the realm of conspiracy theory, so I'll leave you to it.

If you keep using the term conspiracy theory to dismiss the idea that nations act in Machiavellian ways to suit their own self-interest then I'm going to start making it an auto-neg. Stop being childish. 

• Upvote 1