You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

McBeat down in Baltimore

Unrighteous

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about sending them to jail AND trying to understand them? Crazy I know but it might help reduce it happening if you understand the cause.

As for happening everywhere, I've never heard of it in Britain, I'm sure there has been a few incidents but hardly a specific concern over other crimes is it? Perhaps you can show some kind of stats for this?

Stats for what? Unprovoked assaults by vicious bastards? Sorry don't have any, don't need any either.

I can't believe people didn't step in to help. In addition to the girls doing the attack, the male employees should be prosecuted as should the cameraman.

Well done to the old lady for stepping in and trying to stop it. They don't make too many like that and she put the rest of them to shame.

Stats for what? Unprovoked assaults by vicious bastards? Sorry don't have any, don't need any either.
Exactly, why let evidence get in the way of your blinkered argument. Your knowledge of Mersey related Fast food assaults naturally extends to the dynamics of US crime and I bow to your worldwide knowledge of such events.

I'm more from the King Emlyn school of crime and punishment when it comes to treating our own epidemic of low level disorder and so-called 'anti-social behaviour' (which I hold separately from 'real' crime). Because I think that's ballooned in recent years due to a lack of basic authoritarianism. Shit like firefighters being attacked etc. There was a good show on BBC3 recently which featured police officers from around the world spending time on patrol in Britain. Even though they all seemed to like the place, a basic lack of respect for the police - or, dare I say it, consequences - was the one thing they pretty much all agreed on.

But, I think the forces at work in the United States are very different. Authority, and respect/fear are no problem for their police forces. They don't want to be your mate, they don't want to give you advice, but by all accounts it will turn physical at the drop of a hat if you don't do exactly what you're told. Their prison population is also truly immense, with people being jailed for years for what they'd get 100 hours unpaid work for over here. Yet it just doesn't seem to work.

Every country has its own problems, I think many of ours could be solved by a firm slap, but fuck knows what would solve theirs - maybe a fundamental overhaul of their founding principles. Big job that though.

Exactly, why let evidence get in the way of your blinkered argument. Your knowledge of Mersey related Fast food assaults naturally extends to the dynamics of US crime and I bow to your worldwide knowledge of such events.

It was a general point, I wasn't talking about incidents at fast food outlets, the location is obviously irrelevant. But then you knew that anyway didn't you? No matter, this whole arguments been done to death, I don't see as there is any more mileage in it tbh; you just keep giving them a hug if that's what you advocate, I really couldn't care less anymore.

I'm more from the King Emlyn school of crime and punishment when it comes to treating our own epidemic of low level disorder and so-called 'anti-social behaviour' (which I hold separately from 'real' crime). Because I think that's ballooned in recent years due to a lack of basic authoritarianism. Shit like firefighters being attacked etc. There was a good show on BBC3 recently which featured police officers from around the world spending time on patrol in Britain. Even though they all seemed to like the place, a basic lack of respect for the police - or, dare I say it, consequences - was the one thing they pretty much all agreed on.

But, I think the forces at work in the United States are very different. Authority, and respect/fear are no problem for their police forces. They don't want to be your mate, they don't want to give you advice, but by all accounts it will turn physical at the drop of a hat if you don't do exactly what you're told. Their prison population is also truly immense, with people being jailed for years for what they'd get 100 hours unpaid work for over here. Yet it just doesn't seem to work.

Every country has its own problems, I think many of ours could be solved by a firm slap, but fuck knows what would solve theirs - maybe a fundamental overhaul of their founding principles. Big job that though.

I think I am midway in between. I think it is important to jail people, but i do believe you have a chance of rehabilitating most people. Obviously some people are beyond that, but humiliating people and treating them like shit in prison, which seems to be the norm in the US, does nothing. Having your freedom removed is enough. Also, I think the length of sentences is too short, especially for violent crime.

I think I am midway in between. I think it is important to jail people, but i do believe you have a chance of rehabilitating most people. Obviously some people are beyond that, but humiliating people and treating them like shit in prison, which seems to be the norm in the US, does nothing. Having your freedom removed is enough. Also, I think the length of sentences is too short, especially for violent crime.

This is pretty much how I see it as well!

I have been on the wrong end of a Benefit scrounging family of scum, and it is difficult not cultivate the 'lock em all up', get them out of my sight attitude, but ultimately it serves no purpose. They spend a bit of time in jail and they are further down the socio-economic chain than they were previously and essentially, I would argue the majority just get worse.

People are sentenced to punishment, not as RIS points out, humiliation for our gratification.

So all black females are nasty violent thugs just because of a few videos on the internet with ghetto hoodrats? Most of the black women i have met have been nice and bubbly, very friendly.

You really need to take a trip to a few council estates in Britain, you will see that most of the mongs getting drunk, fighting in the street and taking drugs are white. Oh and have you heard about the Jeremy Kyle show?

[YOUTUBE]tzFzdcc5GQQ[/YOUTUBE]

So what is your point?

So all black females are nasty violent thugs just because of a few videos on the internet with ghetto hoodrats? Most of the black women i have met have been nice and bubbly, very friendly.

You really need to take a trip to a few council estates in Britain, you will see that most of the mongs getting drunk, fighting in the street and taking drugs are white. Oh and have you heard about the Jeremy Kyle show?

So what is your point?

In all honesty, his point - if indeed he had one - is hardly derailed by your post, which appears to be a collection of your own experiences, stuff you reckon is true, some lazy assumptions, and a clip from a daytime TV show.

So, you know, as far as coruscating ripostes go, yours is pretty fucking shit.

In all honesty, his point - if indeed he had one - is hardly derailed by your post, which appears to be a collection of your own experiences, stuff you reckon is true, some lazy assumptions, and a clip from a daytime TV show.

So, you know, as far as coruscating ripostes go, yours is pretty fucking shit.

Feel free think what you want about my post. I believe what i said is 100% true.

But i'm not gonna have some cunt try to generalize a whole race just because of some hoodrats on youtube, OK?