You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

They are all corporations, these are just highjacking our name to 'enter the soccer market' with a generic bland style that is all over their website.

I want one that is competant at making footy kits, with style and comfort not janitor apparel or knitted jumper manufacturers just cos they paid the highest price.

This is up there with 'Chang' beer sponsorship, fucking Tranmere have a better manufacturer than this.

Let's see how many people want to wear one when they come out. Christ I thought the reebok stuff was shite.

answer me this dennis what do you prefer a 25m a year coming in from a shirt deal (no matter what the name is)

or would you rather we borrow the money to keep the club growing?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really believe that players will refuse to wear the kit because it's made by Warrior and not Adidas, and that this deal will see Reina go? None of us even know what the kit will look like yet, so it's a tad premature IMO to be saying we'll be a laughing stock in it. And if people are laughing just because it's not made by a household brand name, well they can fuck off anyway, like I give a fuck for their opinion.

I pray and hope you are right to make them assurances.....time will tell and you don't tell time, time tells you.

We'll be a laughing stock, money won't buy that kit love. I really dread the 'unveiling' when it is released and I doubt any player is going to play in it. I felt Reina has been told all sorts of assurances and I had hoped we could keep him but now this happens and you naturally panic that he will get wind of this news and we are back to square one as he has the dignity not to look like a total banana no matter how much someone is paying him. Was this manufacturer agreed with Purslow and Hodgson still in charge as I doubt Kenny will want to wear this garbage or would sanction it?

After all Kenny has done to raise spirits and get the confidence of the squad up this must feel like a kick in the face.

If this is our plan to get even or compete with the big spenders, the Man Citys and Chelseas of this world then it is sure to fail. No one ever won the league looking like a banana and the shitest kits tend to get relegated or not do very well at all historically.

:( Edited by shanks69

answer me this dennis what do you prefer a 25m a year coming in from a shirt deal (no matter what the name is)

or would you rather we borrow the money to keep the club growing?

I don't want us to borrow a penny.

It matters what the name is, it may seem shallow but footy is a shallow game full of shallow people. I don't make the rules.

If I am a ref for example and I see a foul being committed in the penalty area I would be less likely to ring the bell to signal a penalty if they are not adequately dressed for the occasion of being awarded a penalty and more likely to tell the pole axed player with bad fashion sense to get up and find his dignity. There is no point trying to help people who can't help themselves. If he £25 million is legite, that is brought by a decent enough name for us to get away with fine, if not then its a massive gamble.

To you I say, would you be concerned if the manufacturers name was for example: "BAAAD AIDS", would you wave away your dignity for the £25 million. You are Ian Ayres, what do you do, what do you do? Mostly.

You really believe that players will refuse to wear the kit because it's made by Warrior and not Adidas, and that this deal will see Reina go? None of us even know what the kit will look like yet, so it's a tad premature IMO to be saying we'll be a laughing stock in it. And if people are laughing just because it's not made by a household brand name, well they can fuck off anyway, like I give a fuck for their opinion.

:wow:

can't see reina being to bothered not wearing adidas if he's still here, afterall he stopped wearing there boots and now wears joma.

A bit disappointed tbh. Never heard of Warrior and it may not reach overseas fans. Does it have global presence? Adidas was doing a crap job overseas but atleast it would deliver the shirt in 2 months time. Don't even know which store to go to if I wanna get a shirt now.

A bit disappointed tbh. Never heard of Warrior and it may not reach overseas fans. Does it have global presence? Adidas was doing a crap job overseas but atleast it would deliver the shirt in 2 months time. Don't even know which store to go to if I wanna get a shirt now.

try a sports shop:whistle:they are part of the new balance brand so there will be no problem in marketing.its the liverpool brand that will sell the shirts not warrior.

I don't want us to borrow a penny.

It matters what the name is, it may seem shallow but footy is a shallow game full of shallow people. I don't make the rules.

If I am a ref for example and I see a foul being committed in the penalty area I would be less likely to ring the bell to signal a penalty if they are not adequately dressed for the occasion of being awarded a penalty and more likely to tell the pole axed player with bad fashion sense to get up and find his dignity. There is no point trying to help people who can't help themselves. If he £25 million is legite, that is brought by a decent enough name for us to get away with fine, if not then its a massive gamble.

To you I say, would you be concerned if the manufacturers name was for example: "BAAAD AIDS", would you wave away your dignity for the £25 million. You are Ian Ayres, what do you do, what do you do? Mostly.

right what would i do .......

1) if the company had the name of BAAAD AIDS then i wouldnt touch it with a ten foot barge pole and neither would the club in all fairness so thats abit of a poor example

2) after looking at the for's and against's id go to Adidas and ask if they are willing to match the offer that had been put forward if not then well you take the best deal on the table for the club quite simple really. Warrior wants to break into another market they are willing to pay the club 25m a year to do so it is a deal that serves both sides of the fence ie they get into the football market we gain 25m a year. all round a good business deal everyone

at the end of the day with warrior and standard chartered its worth around 45m a year to the club without gate receipts and other incomes so its a huge step in income and with all this fifa crap coming it with the clubs can only operate on what they earn etc then it can only be for the good of the club

within reason the name of the shirt makers dont really matter its down to what they can do and how they can serve the club and its fans in the design of the shirt if its not a household name so be it everyone has to start somewhere dont they

Our kit just looks like every other kit made by adidas they just make a standard kit for every club then change the colours and badge but now we will have an original kit.We keep saying how we are different from every other club well now we can prove it.At the moment we probably get very little say in what our kit looks like because we have to stick to the adidas template but now I cant see Warrior forcing kit designs on us. I think we could make it work very well for us as long as Purslow or Parry isnt brought back as our sartorial design guru and as long as we are successful on the pitch the shirts will sell no matter who makes them

Can't see this going down a storm with the kids in the city. People from Merseyside want to wear Adidas and Nike, not a company nobody has heard of.

You are probably right, but the amount of money they make on shirt sales in Liverpool is, relatively speaking, small change. I reckon its also becoming clear why Henry is so confident that the financial fair play rules will benefit us so much. Correct me if in wrong, but are warrior also gonna sponsor the red sox? Lets say that the deal to sponsor them and us is worth 25m + a penny. We can then claim that pretty much the whole amount is going to Liverpool, a nice way to get around the 'spend what you earn' idea. It wouldn't surprise me if the lebron James thing did something similar. Or am I talking out me arse?

You are probably right, but the amount of money they make on shirt sales in Liverpool is, relatively speaking, small change. I reckon its also becoming clear why Henry is so confident that the financial fair play rules will benefit us so much. Correct me if in wrong, but are warrior also gonna sponsor the red sox? Lets say that the deal to sponsor them and us is worth 25m + a penny. We can then claim that pretty much the whole amount is going to Liverpool, a nice way to get around the 'spend what you earn' idea. It wouldn't surprise me if the lebron James thing did something similar. Or am I talking out me arse?

I think you're right. This is likely to be a tie-in deal with the Red Sox. Anyone who thinks this means an extra 25m in the transfer kitty is going to be disappointed I reckon.