You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

MDF - was trying to remember what that fake wood stuff was.

I think that the Esk might be the greatest WUM that ever existed. He had them all convinced that Mata and Witzel were done deals and now tells them that the greatest ever stadium on the docks is definitely happening - hardly anyone calls bullshit on him

How are they going to pay for a new stadium? Spurs new stadium is going to cost £400m and Chelsea's £500m. I can't see Moshiri spending about a third of his wealth on a new stadium that they'll struggle to fill and won't attracy anywhere near the same kind of money from corporates that they can get in London.

How are they going to pay for a new stadium? Spurs new stadium is going to cost £400m and Chelsea's £500m. I can't see Moshiri spending about a third of his wealth on a new stadium that they'll struggle to fill and won't attracy anywhere near the same kind of money from corporates that they can get in London.

Convincing themselves that Moshiri has put together a consortium of funding to build an entire football quarter that will revitalise that area of Liverpool based on the Everton brand

He won't have to. That's what fat Joe is for.

Depressingly they'll be more made up with being ahead of us in the league. I'm worried we won't catch them up, because today has made me realise, if I didn't know before, we're no different to last season.

They've got a better defence, they've got a better balanced Midfield, they've got Lukaku for another season. They've got a gameplan. Us? Just a shit defence with a collection of attacking Midfielders.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Depressingly they'll be more made up with being ahead of us in the league. I'm worried we won't catch them up, because today has made me realise, if I didn't know before, we're no different to last season.

They've got a better defence, they've got a better balanced Midfield, they've got Lukaku for another season. They've got a gameplan. Us? Just a shit defence with a collection of attacking Midfielders.

Give yer heads a wobble.

What are you pissing your pants for?  We lost today.  Big whoop.  Y'know what?  There will also be days when Everton lose.  Lots of them.  Because Everton are still poo and Liverpool will comfortably finish above them.

• Upvote 6

They finished 13 points behind us last year.  To close that gap, they have traded an overrated young man for an overrated old man in defence, signed a grossly overpriced  more-miss-than-hit winger and some shirt warmers.

I'm confident that the signings we've made this summer will help us improve on last season's piss-poor points tally.  I'm not at all convinced that Everton can overtake us.

They finished 13 points behind us last year. To close that gap, they have traded an overrated young man for an overrated old man in defence, signed a grossly overpriced more-miss-than-hit winger and some shirt warmers.

I'm confident that the signings we've made this summer will help us improve on last season's piss-poor points tally. I'm not at all convinced that Everton can overtake us.

I hope you're right, but I thought they massively underperformed last season. They lost loads of points in the dying moments of games, mostly because martinez is a tit and wants to tippy tappy till the death. I also think Williams for stones is a good upgrade for them, as will be the keeper.

This team of ours didn't underperform last season, it over performed in the cups. It finished pretty much where it did the year before in the league and I don't buy into this "we concentrate on cups" nonsense, as the results were no worse than when our best team was getting fucked up the arse by the likes of watford.

That was an approximation to our best team out there yesterday, yet 9 of the starting line up was from last season and one of those two new signings looks a complete passenger, pretty much what he was accused of at his previous club in away games. I don't see we've improved at all, maybe mane will be alright, but I'm not getting too excited by him as he was massively inconsistent at his previous club.