You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Wearing my Maradona Argentina shirt around Liverpool always gets some good responses. Mostly positive, but wound up some England fans with it yesterday. I’m looking at getting the Germany 1990 WC shirt this weekend, just in time for the Euros.

West Germany 1974 (and 1982) > 1990

5 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Said this myself many times before. This is the reason I can't stand the England team and look forward to them getting knocked out. 

Fuck them. 

I will be pleased for Jordan Henderson if England win the Euros, but I won’t lose any sleep when, inevitably, they get knocked out the first time they face decent opposition. I’ve not been arsed about England since Italia ‘90. Mostly because I haven’t been able to take to various players who’ve played for club sides that I’m not keen on. I’ve been known to have a little chuckle when England have had their arses handed to them, enjoying the fact that the dick-heads who follow them will have been absolutely gutted.

• Upvote 4

The sweet smell of Friday delusion.

Brisan123

Player Valuation: £70m
I think Conte would want more money than that to be honest mate. He's made clear he wants to be going for titles.
That 100m our normal 60 m plus sales
That’s well over 200m
We have to decide if we want to go for it or not.
Chelsea , City , United will all spend over 150m this year

49 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I will be pleased for Jordan Henderson if England win the Euros, but I won’t lose any sleep when, inevitably, they get knocked out the first time they face decent opposition. I’ve not been arsed about England since Italia ‘90. Mostly because I haven’t been able to take to various players who’ve played for club sides that I’m not keen on. I’ve been known to have a little chuckle when England have had their arses handed to them, enjoying the fact that the dick-heads who follow them will have been absolutely gutted.

Aye, I can remember 98 in the Cabbage for the Argentina game and the place was bouncing - dancing on the tables when it went to pens. But, nobody seemed arsed when we got beat - I pretty much shrugged and went to the bar. 

Hodgson made me actively dislike them - but aside from him I have been relatively ambivalent about them, but this year I would enjoy them getting beat. I'm not into Scotland doing well - I find them just as annoying as England fans to be honest. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The sweet smell of Friday delusion.

Brisan123

Player Valuation: £70m
I think Conte would want more money than that to be honest mate. He's made clear he wants to be going for titles.
That 100m our normal 60 m plus sales
That’s well over 200m
We have to decide if we want to go for it or not.
Chelsea , City , United will all spend over 150m this year

Where the fuck is their "usual" £60m coming from? The back of a massive sofa?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

West Germany 1974 (and 1982) > 1990

I had one of those when they started doing the old classic/retro cotton shirts when I was a teenager. Had a yellow Brazil 10 and a West Germany 5

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Aye, I can remember 98 in the Cabbage for the Argentina game and the place was bouncing - dancing on the tables when it went to pens. But, nobody seemed arsed when we got beat - I pretty much shrugged and went to the bar. 

Hodgson made me actively dislike them - but aside from him I have been relatively ambivalent about them, but this year I would enjoy them getting beat. I'm not into Scotland doing well - I find them just as annoying as England fans to be honest. 

I’ve always liked Scotland. The Barmy Army isn’t my cup of tea. However, some of favourite Liverpool players have been Scotland internationals and Scotland have had some great footy kits. Plus, I have Scottish ancestory.

This is easily one of my favourite non-Liverpool kits.

EF6CA152-53C0-4126-98F4-BAA53F0D2CFC.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve always liked Scotland. The Barmy Army isn’t my cup of tea. However, some of favourite Liverpool players have been Scotland internationals and Scotland have had some great footy kits. Plus, I have Scottish ancestory.

Same here - Grandparents are Scottish and Irish (not really unique in Liverpool). Yep, Kenny, Souness, Nichol (Hansen never played for Scotland that much), so always fond of them back in the day. But fuck me - now I think they are as deluded and tedious as the England fans - 1978 is epic on delusion. 

10 minutes ago, Jockey said:

Same here - Grandparents are Scottish and Irish (not really unique in Liverpool). Yep, Kenny, Souness, Nichol (Hansen never played for Scotland that much), so always fond of them back in the day. But fuck me - now I think they are as deluded and tedious as the England fans - 1978 is epic on delusion. 

When it comes to international football tournaments, I just hedge my bets, as I have Irish, Scottish, German, Polish and Mexican ancestory. In truth, I just back whichever teams have the best kits and players I like!

35 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

When it comes to international football tournaments, I just hedge my bets, as I have Irish, Scottish, German, Polish and Mexican ancestory. In truth, I just back whichever teams have the best kits and players I like!

Sounds like the bit in Rambo where Murdock reads his file. 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Fucking hell mate, Farage will see you in the gulag! 

Yep. Same for me. Gomez, Henderson, Trent and the Ox would see a different opinion on England. I supported them most when Fowler, Owen, Redknapp, Macca, Gerrard, Heskey, Barmby were in the team. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah

The only issue was the Brazil one was a bloody nightmare for attracting insects and bees. 

I have a yellow Brazil top.  Wanted one for years, and nearly every time I wear it I'm fucking plagued with all manner of little flying bastards.  Still love that top, but I rarely wear it.

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

That would be the worse Restaurant ever

• Upvote 1