You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Just re-watching this week's episode and I think I'm starting to question the popular view which I shared about Jon and Dany ending up together. There is absolutely no hint of sexual chemistry between them - including in their final scene together where they are alone and it would be most likely to occur. They are played as what they are: leaders carrying the burden of responsibility heavily.

• Upvote 1

There was almost an awkwardness between but this was deliberate. This was two stubborn leaders meeting for the first time. Still think it will happen however. My only concern is the actual actors. I don't think either are the best, in comparison to some of the others,  and I only hope when it comes to it they sell it convincingly.

There was almost an awkwardness between but this was deliberate. This was two stubborn leaders meeting for the first time. Still think it will happen however. My only concern is the actual actors. I don't think either are the best, in comparison to some of the others, and I only hope when it comes to it they sell it convincingly.

I reckon Dany will be killed and Jon will ascend the throne as her heir, with Brandon and Sam providing the proof. Or else they both cark it and Tyrion ascends the throne as the bastard son of the mad king.

I think it is going to be a female heir, Jon will be warden of the North, but I can see either Dany or Sansa as the queen. All the misogyny has to have been for a reason. I think that has been the one consistent theme throughout - the influence of women. 

Just been looking at the map, cheers GD, cant understand how Greyworm got to Casterly Roack so quick, must have saile all round westeros, now he is there and a long way to march back to Dragonstone, unless i have missed something i just dont get it

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Just re-watching this week's episode and I think I'm starting to question the popular view which I shared about Jon and Dany ending up together. There is absolutely no hint of sexual chemistry between them - including in their final scene together where they are alone and it would be most likely to occur. They are played as what they are: leaders carrying the burden of responsibility heavily.

There was no chemistry between herself and Kahl Drogo, still produced some of the best scenes in the show. Fuck chemistry mate, it's all about gaining power through using her body. 

There was no chemistry between herself and Kahl Drogo, still produced some of the best scenes in the show. Fuck chemistry mate, it's all about gaining power through using her body. 

That is an interesting interpretation of Drogo bumming her on a cliff top! 

It was a little bit more about him, and less about her in the books. Although to be fair she was 13 in the books, so - I can see why they didn't follow the book exactly! 

Guest Pistonbroke

That is an interesting interpretation of Drogo bumming her on a cliff top! 

It was a little bit more about him, and less about her in the books. Although to be fair she was 13 in the books, so - I can see why they didn't follow the book exactly! 

True. She also succumbed to the situation knowing she could use it to her advantage. I really need to start reading the books again, I have a feeling Martin will announce the release of "Winds of Winter" after this current TV season ends, probably sometime just before Xmas. 

True. She also succumbed to the situation knowing she could use it to her advantage. I really need to start reading the books again, I have a feeling Martin will announce the release of "Winds of Winter" after this current TV season ends, probably sometime just before Xmas. 

I still think the whole narrative is about female empowerment - how men underestimate women. Almost all the major events have been driven by females - the Red Wedding, Cercei chopping Eddard Stark's head off, Joffrey being poisoned, the dragons, Sansa and Ramsey Bolton, Stanis getting killed by Miranda.

Thought the scene between cersei and ellaria was amazing. Ellaria didn't speak once but you knew everything she was thinking. She's been great in showing her emotions (scream while oberyn had his head squashed).

It's a shame the sandsnakes have been treated so badly by the writers they could have been decent if they had spent a bit more time on them.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

The trailer for episode 4 "The Spoils of War" is out....

Danerys "All my allies have gone, I'm losing. Enough with the clever plans.".............................Enter the dragons. 

I think it is going to be a female heir, Jon will be warden of the North, but I can see either Dany or Sansa as the queen. All the misogyny has to have been for a reason. I think that has been the one consistent theme throughout - the influence of women.

Love the way we are predicting a fairly happy ending. You must be joking if you think that'll be the case.

• Upvote 1

I still think the whole narrative is about female empowerment - how men underestimate women. Almost all the major events have been driven by females - the Red Wedding, Cercei chopping Eddard Stark's head off, Joffrey being poisoned, the dragons, Sansa and Ramsey Bolton, Stanis getting killed by Miranda.

Agreed. I posted a few pages back about how the women are rising to the top everywhere.