You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina continues to ready the fans for summer move.

Horus

Is it worth mentioning - again - that he never once said (or even hinted, really) that he had any intention of leaving?

Its a strange partnership but we agree on this when nobody else can see it.

Pepe is a complete legend and the people dissing him are bang out of order and that includes the owner of the site IMO.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I see it too. He has to look around and think that he doesn't really have any options that are better than what he has here. He'd be a moron to leave here right now, there's a buzz about the place and he should at least give it another year to see how things go.

What's the alternative? Arsenal? Haha. The mancs? He'd be a complete cunt if he did that, assuming they even want him as it looks like they're in for the Atletico keeper.

Atletico would be another option, and if he said he wanted to go there as it was his dad's team and he wants to go home, I'd be fine with that and would respect the decision.

Anywhere else, especially in England, and I'd think he's just an idiot who would live to regret his decision.

I don't think he's an idiot, so I think he'll stay here because it is by far the best option for him.

I agree with the vast majority of this however have to say from a career point of view Atletico would be a stupid move at this moment in time, but have to agree I would respect him still for going there or another Spanish club but hopefully he is here to stay, a lot of time for him to win things yet at his age and hopefully with Kenny and a decent summer that can come closer to reality

If you think he hasn't weighed it up then, imo, you are kidding yourself.

Indeed.

Owen never made a word about leaving before suddenly jumping ship. Reina would've stated him intention to leave publicly if it served his own interests. It goes for all players, except Carra of course.

I don't blame any player for looking for a possible way out last summer or under Hodgson. The club was a fucking disaster. Some of our legends have left or considered leaving at better moments in our history. Ultimately, what matters is the decisions players make, now things look significantly better, with a better manager and better owners...

If he stays great, if he leaves he leaves. Talk of "dissing" him because you believe he's being weighing up his options etc is baloney; are there people who still honestly think some players are "one of us"? thought that notion had well and truly been put to bed. Rare as rocking horse shite if there are any.

If you think he hasn't weighed it up then, imo, you are kidding yourself.

Maybe he has mulled it over a bit, as he's shaving his head in the morning. And why not? But there's no reason to think he's done this more so than any other player (apart from the head-shaving bit, obviously).

At the time he signed a long-term contract, the club had lame-duck, outgoing owners and no clues to the identity - let alone the intentions - of the new owners; the manager's position looked precarious and proved to be so; other board members were either temporary appointments or related to the owners, so they weren't going to stick around; some of the higher profile players (Mascherano, Torres) were getting itchy feet. In short, he had absolutely no way of guessing which way the club would be heading in the future. He would have been a complete fucking mug to commit himself blindly and not to have some sort of release clause. I've got an upstairs escape window, but I have no intention of jumping out of it unless there's a fire in my house.

Some of Pepe's interview with Cadena Cope:

Asked when he's going to Manchester(Utd) - "To Manchester? Never. I don't know, it's not my intention...but I imagine it's not their intention either"

He's told that when the De Gea story popped up, Pepe's name surfaced in a list of possible links - "Well, i imagine they've been monitoring and following many keepers, not only De Gea or Pepe Reina but I'd imagine 5, 6 or 7 other options and I don't know if I was one of them but if your information is good then i guess it's possible, i don't know"

Most importantly, on his future - "I'm happy, calm and comfortable here, looking towards the future which I reckon will bring a lot of happiness and hopefully the new project with the new American owners will be a convincing one, attractive and ambitious above all"

Will it be a convincing, attractive and ambitious one or will it start like this season? "It's my understanding and based on what I've gathered from the people here, that were will be bringing in some important players, continuing to grow and hopefully in one or two years we will be in the place that Liverpool deserves to be, which is fighting for titles"

Would you like Rafa back at Liverpool? "It's difficult. Obviously, Benitez brought me here but that doesn't mean that i'm unhappy with Dalglish, quite the opposite, I think he's the ideal man for Liverpool at this moment."

Then the rest of the interview was just him talking about the Madrid-Barcelona semis, the future of Fabregas, his happiness for Torres finally scoring a goal and he mentioned that his wife is due in a month to deliver their third child, the first boy that he'll name Luca Reina.

Some of Pepe's interview with Cadena Cope:

Asked when he's going to Manchester(Utd) - "To Manchester? Never. I don't know, it's not my intention...but I imagine it's not their intention either"

He's told that when the De Gea story popped up, Pepe's name surfaced in a list of possible links - "Well, i imagine they've been monitoring and following many keepers, not only De Gea or Pepe Reina but I'd imagine 5, 6 or 7 other options and I don't know if I was one of them but if your information is good then i guess it's possible, i don't know"

Most importantly, on his future - "I'm happy, calm and comfortable here, looking towards the future which I reckon will bring a lot of happiness and hopefully the new project with the new American owners will be a convincing one, attractive and ambitious above all"

Will it be a convincing, attractive and ambitious one or will it start like this season? "It's my understanding and based on what I've gathered from the people here, that were will be bringing in some important players, continuing to grow and hopefully in one or two years we will be in the place that Liverpool deserves to be, which is fighting for titles"

Would you like Rafa back at Liverpool? "It's difficult. Obviously, Benitez brought me here but that doesn't mean that i'm unhappy with Dalglish, quite the opposite, I think he's the ideal man for Liverpool at this moment."

Then the rest of the interview was just him talking about the Madrid-Barcelona semis, the future of Fabregas, his happiness for Torres finally scoring a goal and he mentioned that his wife is due in a month to deliver their third child, the first boy that he'll name Luca Reina.

Think Pepe needs to add an "S" to the end of that first name.

Think Pepe needs to add an "S" to the end of that first name.

I'm more concerned with the rest of the story. If true, its a massive bonus for us going into next season.

Some alluded earlier, that since the Arsenal game, he's been different (in a good way) and I reckon the King's finally convinced him.

Delighted.

I'm more concerned with the rest of the story. If true, its a massive bonus for us going into next season.

Some alluded earlier, that since the Arsenal game, he's been different (in a good way) and I reckon the King's finally convinced him.

Delighted.

The King and Joe Queen. Made for each other.