You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ben Johnson fails drugs test

JohnnyH

That's pretty cool. Drug issues aside, the Giants are my team...

I thought so too. I had no idea who Barry Bonds was before i went to the game. We were passing thru San Fran on the way to Vegas and we thought we'd take in a game just for the hell of it. It was an unremarkable game but i can atleast say i've seen the MLB's all time scorer hit a homer. Apparently the ball got £35,000 on ebay the next day. If only we'd have been sat 3 blocks to the left. Would have made Vegas a hell of a lot more interesting anyway.

Giants are my team too now just because of that. And i ignore the cheat talk.

I thought so too. I had no idea who Barry Bonds was before i went to the game. We were passing thru San Fran on the way to Vegas and we thought we'd take in a game just for the hell of it. It was an unremarkable game but i can atleast say i've seen the MLB's all time scorer hit a homer. Apparently the ball got £35,000 on ebay the next day. If only we'd have been sat 3 blocks to the left. Would have made Vegas a hell of a lot more interesting anyway.

Giants are my team too now just because of that. And i ignore the cheat talk.

Not my team because of Bonds, but because my first Major League game was also in San Francisco.

Though I have to confess that I've just bought tickets for Fenway Park on Independence Day. But I'll be wearing a Liverpool shirt...

Not my team because of Bonds, but because my first Major League game was also in San Francisco.

Though I have to confess that I've just bought tickets for Fenway Park on Independence Day. But I'll be wearing a Liverpool shirt...

This is also my reason mate. The Bonds thing was the side issue. Walking down to the park, chatting to the fans, just revelling in the atmosphere, shouting funny abuse at one of the opposition players (Puhols i think it was), and generally just being a fan for the night. I loved it. The game itself wasn't so great but the next day when we headed into the city, on the way to Pier 39 to see the sea-lions, i made sure we stopped by a club shop so i could buy a Giants cap. And that is my story on becoming a SF Giants fan. I think i became a 49ers fan at the same time as the club shop was duel themed and the place was full of Joe Montana stuff. I'd forgotten how much of a legend he was till i noticed how much they still adore him there.

Top, top place San Francisco. Can't give the place enough praise.