You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

It was announced several months ago that he would leave at the end of the season. He only did an interview on BBC Five Live a week or two ago on Chelsea's youth, so don't think he's left yet. He's also still on their official website.

Ah sorry, I might be getting confused with leaving and left here. The other point still stands though, he is defo looking at getting the Danish job.

Gervinho -winger/forward

Hazard- winger

Yann M'Vila- DM

Marvin Martin- playmaker

Sakho- defender

Payet - winger

All of them have been good this year-best ones so far Gervinho and Marvin Martin. Both very impressive..

Could Gervinho play as an out-and-out winger in a 4-4-2, if required, and provide genuine width and get good crosses in?

Could Gervinho play as an out-and-out winger in a 4-4-2, if required, and provide genuine width and get good crosses in?

I would personally say no judging by what I have seen of him. I think his best position is in a 'wide' position in a 4-3-3 formation ie. left/right of the main striker.

Nope. He plays out wide right and moves more central when attacking.

Carroll had the service from the likes of Barton who is very good at crossing. Think Adam can do that job...

You guys who've seen bit of Gervinho; he's doesn't have very good delivery then?

Would he significantly improve our attacking play, or only be just a decent addition?

Apparently Shaktar has a few skillful quick young Brazilians....

Wasn't douglas costa supposed to be a prodigy a couple years back?

Only in the sense that Ferguson said he rated him, therefore in the eyes of the press he was immediately making sliced bread look passe.

I know we've just bought two, but shouldn't we be looking at one more quality striker? All the top teams have at least 3. Wouldn't mind Lukaku as a backup for Carroll if he gets injured.

Carroll was being looked at for the summer anyway, as Torres' replacement. The club have been taking a good look at Connor Wickham. Lukaku would cost a lot, so young strikers like Wickham are most likely, you would think. I reckon we are definitely looking at another striker.

Carroll was being looked at for the summer anyway, as Torres' replacement. The club have been taking a good look at Connor Wickham. Lukaku would cost a lot, so young strikers like Wickham are most likely, you would think. I reckon we are definitely looking at another striker.

It seems pretty clear that N'gog isn't highly rated at the moment. So, I would imagine that we'd be looking to replace him.

I know we've just bought two, but shouldn't we be looking at one more quality striker? All the top teams have at least 3. Wouldn't mind Lukaku as a backup for Carroll if he gets injured.

If we had a sheik owner then it's possible, but FSG have said we will spend what we make. So a expensive third choice striker I think is out of the question. The pot will cover a winger, new LB and maybe a CD.

If we had a sheik owner then it's possible, but FSG have said we will spend what we make. So a expensive third choice striker I think is out of the question. The pot will cover a winger, new LB and maybe a CD.

Depends on what's brought in IMO, a net spend of £20m could bring in 4 top players providing we cash in on Aqualani Insua Jovanavic Cole konchesky etc and tbh I'd sell Skertl if we got an offer of £8m. Taiwo would be a decent signing on a bosman according to some who've seen him play, I haven't seen him much myself. If we got him and marveaux on Bosmans and spent £12m on a centre half, £7m on Adam then there should be £30m left to get another striker(Wickham?) and a flair player ie Hazzard.

Cammoli and Kenny could totally surprise us though with who they get but, I'd expect 5 in and at least 5 out this summer. Any players been signed will be much bettter than what there replacing as there gobs have to be quality as the young players will be banging on the door before long

It will be very interesting to see who comes and goes this summer, and what formation we will play next season. If Kenny is still in charge as I expect, then I imagine that we will play several formations throughout the course of the season but it will be intriguing to see whether we will play predominantly with 2 flair players out wide next season or 3 central midfielders.

I don't expect us to spend much on a left back or CB. I actually think we ought not to buy a CB. Give Wilson a chance. It's pointless buying these young players to develop for the first team, then buying someone else to be progress stoppers. Give him a chance to develop in the role and keep what we've got for the time being as insurance. As has been said, we will be selling off hopefully a bunch of players, maybe bring in 10-15 mill. We clearly had a good 30 mill to spend in the Jan window, as Suarez was brought in and we went hard after Charlie Adam well before Torres got sold.

I don't know much about Wickham, but from what I've seen of Lukaku, for a 17 year old he has just about the perfect attributes for the Prem. I wouldn't be as excited about bringing in any of the other players mentioned, as talented as a few of them are. I know you have to buy for the weaknesses you have, but I hope we don't end up overspending on someone like Ashley Young, just because it's a need. Then in a couple years you have Sterling taking his first team spot and Lukaku making Chelsea fans forget about Drogba. I think there's been a lot of regrets like that during Benitez' time, that he probably wishes he could do over.

I just hope the coaching staff and management keep to their word about developing young players and giving them opportunities, and going after exceptional young players, rather than signing a bunch of squad players to fill gaps as we have done before.

Edited by Dundalis

It will be very interesting to see who comes and goes this summer, and what formation we will play next season. If Kenny is still in charge as I expect, then I imagine that we will play several formations throughout the course of the season but it will be intriguing to see whether we will play predominantly with 2 flair players out wide next season or 3 central midfielders.

Did Suarez not play wide of a loan forward in a 4-3-3 for Ajax?