You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just wanted to vent my disgust..........

dennis tooth

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all pointless blaming anyone other than the player and his agents. Torres doesn't have to go anywhere unless he wants to so ultimately this is his decision. Noone else is accountable.

There's something gone on behind the scenes i'm sure but if he wants to go, fuck him and let him go. Just make sure we screw enough dough out of whoever he goes to and preferably i'd like it be abroad and not to an English team.

See, this is what irks me, Torres is a cunt for what he has doneth but lest we forget we could have had a big bidding war in the summer and choose where he is going on our own terms, now we know we cannot stop him going where he wants and it won't be for anymore than £50 million, which is half of the Ronaldo fee for the best striker in the world.

Thanks Christian for saving us the trouble of a bidding war and making it all nice and straightforward.

See, this is what irks me, Torres is a cunt for what he has doneth but lest we forget we could have had a big bidding war in the summer and choose where he is going on our own terms, now we know we cannot stop him going where he wants and it won't be for anymore than £50 million, which is half of the Ronaldo fee for the best striker in the world.

Thanks Christian for saving us the trouble of a bidding war and making it all nice and straightforward.

His reputation isn't what it was two years ago. If we were having an open sale on him now we would be lucky to get 35m never mind 50m with his fitness record over the past couple of years.

If we are talking about premiums for strikers in their prime (genuine question as I can't remember) how much did David Villa go to Barca for last summer?

Guest PurpleNose
His reputation isn't what it was two years ago. If we were having an open sale on him now we would be lucky to get 35m never mind 50m with his fitness record over the past couple of years.

If we are talking about premiums for strikers in their prime (genuine question as I can't remember) how much did David Villa go to Barca for last summer?

About £35m.

But he's a couple of years older.

Nah not having that Dennis, all speculation on your part. This has got nothing to do with Purslow and the 50 mil clause was there to keep Torres for at least another season. Look at Torres in this case and no further

It is a lot of speculation, based on what we know from the more reliable reports int he media. You say this £50 million clause was designed to keep him? Eh?

1 He's surely worth more than that or at least that and would have multiple rich clubs after him, ergo bidding war so why, just why?

2 As far as I am aware he didn't have a £25 million release clause and still had a contract with no release clause? If H and G wanna sell, they going to sell mate, nothing Purslow could have done on that.

It doesn't even make sense but if someone can set me straight I'm all ears.

Yes at the time it was put in to appease Torres and keep him until the ned of this season whereby if we did not make the CL and somebody bid 50M for him the clause could be triggered and being at that tim of the year there very possibly could be a bidding war and we could also find a suitable replacement.

The timing of this TR means we have virtually no time to find a replacement and possibly might also hinder any efforts to bring in other targets cos now we have to sit with him and try and persuade him to stay. To me it says that Torres doesn't give a fuck about us.

You're wrong about G&H being able to sell if they want to-that would have needed board approval just like the sale of the club.

On the day we break our transfer record on one of the youngest talents in European football under different owners. And a different manager. Not just any different manager either but an iconic figure.

Okey Cokey.

That`s the thing.

He have been asking for investment in the team. And as we are about to break our transfer record, he ask for a transfer. The timing is ridiculous, especially since it`s to a Chelsea team in freefall.

Torres is the one to blame. Clearly he has been adviced badly, but at the end of the day, he is responsible for his actions.

Had he at least waited until the season was over, he could have walked out with much more respect. Now he leaves with his legacy in tatters. Stupid stupid boy.

sure Purslow lying to Torres for three years doesn't help things, but hell, Torres is smart and grown up enough to see past that shit - he wants to force a move to Chelsea in January,simple as that, fuck him.

One thing about Purslow - this idea he saved us from H & G, administration etc - we should be eternally grateful - bollocks, he just happened to be around at the time -he did what RBS told him to do from the minute he walked in the door. He was only there to do RBS bidding nothing else (apart from some freelancing as sporting director)

Fuck sake, the guy was happy to sell 40% the club to any old vultures notably that hedge fund Rhone Capital - that's not the actions of someone looking after the interests of Liverpool Football Club.

The man was a complete disaster.

Scientific wonders never cease: Apparently Purslow is Torres' brain!

Torres has no will of his own and is being manipulated by a man hundreds of miles away!

Let the world know!

HOW MAY IDIOTS?

For the last time, we are talking about the release clause that means we are compelled to now sell a player at half his value to anyone bidding a certain amount, so no bidding war, they can all bid £50 million and speak to him.

If Torres wants to go is another matter but if we are selling him we want full value to reinvest, I wouldn't even put a £50 million release clause in Reina's contract, they are worth more, we can't get that now becuase of Purslow.

That`s the thing.

He have been asking for investment in the team. And as we are about to break our transfer record, he ask for a transfer. The timing is ridiculous, especially since it`s to a Chelsea team in freefall.

Torres is the one to blame. Clearly he has been adviced badly, but at the end of the day, he is responsible for his actions.

Had he at least waited until the season was over, he could have walked out with much more respect. Now he leaves with his legacy in tatters. Stupid stupid boy.

Yeah, agree with that. I don't blame anybody but him for any of this. If the rumours are true that he wanted Benitez and Hodgson gone, he got that. There is a club icon in charge now as well, new owners who has shown every sign they will mean business so the lack of investment shit excuse doesn't wash anymore now either.

From what I gather the only promise Purslow made him was that the club would be sold by the next transfer window which it was. I am not even bothered about the fact he is going to Chelsea if I am honest. He is a professional footballer who sees more money and in his eyes a more ready way to win trophies, I have no problem with any of that but the timing of it fucking stinks. Why didn't he make his intentions clear when Hodgson was still in charge on New Years Day v Bolton when the window opened? Because he is a gutless shithouse.

Mate, this is silly, you are talking about a striker who has scored 22 goals in 32 games this season, he is the best in the world.

Glad you are not in charge on my finances, he is worth £80 million in a bidding war with City, Chelsea, Mancs in this country alone. He is not 'crocked', his only issue this year has been mental. Not having that shit mate, there's nowt wrong with him, he just needs a bit of help from another striker as we've over-relied on him as everyone knows and had to play him at 60/70% fitness no matter what.

You support having a £50 million release clause put in his contract then do you?

What good has it, or would it ever have done? Please someone tell me, one thing that was good about it. It was not 'to keep him' that's gibberish, he had a contract and the board didn't accept any bid? What's the dizzy deal yo?

I suppose its just another example of Purslows genius to you.

HOW MAY IDIOTS?

For the last time, we are talking about the release clause that means we are compelled to now sell a player at half his value to anyone bidding a certain amount, so no bidding war, they can all bid £50 million and speak to him.

If Torres wants to go is another matter but if we are selling him we want full value to reinvest, I wouldn't even put a £50 million release clause in Reina's contract, they are worth more, we can't get that now becuase of Purslow.

The clause only kicks in at the end of this season if we do not make the CL, that and probably the fact that we have nobody lined up as a replacement, is possibly why we have rejected Chelsea's bid.

Torres is just being a twat right now.

The clause only kicks in at the end of this season if we do not make the CL, that and probably the fact that we have nobody lined up as a replacement, is possibly why we have rejected Chelsea's bid.

Torres is just being a twat right now.

Yeah Torres is being a twat, for the last time, this is not one iota in defence of him.

This is about the fact that we have to now accept a £50 million bid this summer, the owners can't tell Torres to knuckle down, they can't do anything now. Its out of their hands, they can't even choose which club he goes to or have a bidding war. £80 million release clause-we'd be laughing, £50 million they be laughing.

Disgusted.

i don't see the big deal about this escape clause. If somebody offered £50m we'd surely take it, clause or no clause

You think that's all the best striker in the world is worth?

The best ever LFC striker in goals/apps rate?

Best selling shirt in world footy?

£50 MILLION WHEN RONALDO WENT FOR £90?

His shirt sales alone are worth more than £50 million.

Yeah Torres is being a twat, for the last time, this is not one iota in defence of him.

This is about the fact that we have to now accept a £50 million bid this summer, the owners can't tell Torres to knuckle down, they can't do anything now. Its out of their hands, they can't even choose which club he goes to or have a bidding war. £80 million release clause-we'd be laughing, £50 million they be laughing.

Disgusted.

Dennis your like a little island of sweetcorn within a sea of shite.

You think that's all the best striker in the world is worth?

The best ever LFC striker in goals/apps rate?

Best selling shirt in world footy?

£50 MILLION WHEN RONALDO WENT FOR £90?

His shirt sales alone are worth more than £50 million.

but Ronaldo wasn't worth 90m - Madrid went mad and Utd played a blinder. Besides, Ronaldo and Messi (or at least he would be) are in a league of their own when it comes to transfer fees. And, as someone else said, he won't sell as many shirts at chelsea.