You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

I'd rather get Carroll in now if possible. Let him shake off the nerves for the rest of the season, and then start next season with both Suarez and Carroll raring to go and settled.

I want Nando gone now, I love this money we have to play with, and no, it's not like City, we're spending what we're making, near enough anyway.

I haven't seen that much of Caroll but how good was Shearer when Dalglish bought him?. A bit of a lame comparassion I guess, but it broke the British transfer record at the time.

He certainly would not have been my first choice but I guess Kenny knows a thing or two about strikers. Let him move in with Pepe, I am sure he will put him right and he can be Pepes wingman.

I haven't seen that much of Caroll but how good was Shearer when Dalglish bought him?. A bit of a lame comparassion I guess, but it broke the British transfer record at the time.

He certainly would not have been my first choice but I guess Kenny knows a thing or two about strikers. Let him move in with Pepe, I am sure he will put him right and he can be Pepes wingman.

Maybe Comolli and Dalglish are taking it in turns with their signings? Comolli picked Suarez and Kenny wants Carroll?

Not sure Gerrard's too chuffed about Carroll moving in with him though.

That would only make any sense if we were buying him for a lot less than £30m.

There's no denying that 30m is too much. But sometimes you have to pay over the odds. Obviously the 'english tax' has come into it. But, I reckon 3-4 years down the line, we'd all look back and agree it was a good bit of business. Utd did it with Rooney, even though he was a lot younger. To a lesser degree, Arse done it with Walcott, which, given his age was a bit of a gamble. I don't think Carroll represents a gamble, the lad has got it.

Guest davelfc
Twitter

"Newcastle want 35 million for Carroll, then they will sell"

Jesus Christ. 35 mill. That's a shit ton of money. Is he worth it?

Only if we can throw in Poulson.

Well we are desperate and everyone knows it, plus he is English and that also bumps up the price.

Twitter

"Newcastle want 35 million for Carroll, then they will sell"

Jesus Christ. 35 mill. That's a shit ton of money. Is he worth it?

Right now, no. But, hes young, english and talented. So will he be worth it, YES.

Doesnt seem too bad an option. If and its a big IF, they are willing to sell.

---

bensmith_Times Ben Smith

Sergio Aguero has just signed a contract extension with Atletico Madrid

Wont be Aguero then.

Honestly don't know why people get exercised over how much a club pays for a player. The only question should be "will he be better than we already have"? If FSG then pay the price that's how much he's worth.

OK, let's put that logic to the test.

Man Shitty bought Roque Santa Cruz for £17.5m. He's now on loan to Blackburn.

Is he still worth £17.5m?