You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Megadrive

Remmie

Gotta be Toejam and Earl or EA Hockey.

Always thought footy games were a bit shit. Still do.

Sensible was fantastic. It worked. the ones like FIFA tried to perform the way they do now, but they were let down by the console. Sensible focussed on the mechanics of the game rather than realism and was great.

EA Hockey was superb. John Madden, PGA Golf, Road Rash and Desert Strike would be the ones I wanted.

Sensible was fantastic. It worked. the ones like FIFA tried to perform the way they do now, but they were let down by the console. Sensible focussed on the mechanics of the game rather than realism and was great.

EA Hockey was superb. John Madden, PGA Golf, Road Rash and Desert Strike would be the ones I wanted.

Brought a tear to my eye did that list.

I had sensible Soccer on the Amiga, don't get me wrong I liked it; but I don't think I ever really took to footy games. I used to quite like Kickoff 2 on the Amiga too.

I've tried to like footy games, but just always preferred to go have a kick around instead.

If I was getting a Megadrive now, I defo have Desert Strike, Sonic, Altered Beast, Ghouls N Ghosts, NHLPLA , Madden 93', ToeJam and Earl and Golden Axe.

You guys should all get GENS32, its a Genesis emulator for your PC and will play ALL the greatest (and some of the shittest) games for the MD you can think of . There is a ROM pack that contains every game ever made for the MD/Genesis, there is just countless hours of fun waiting to be had .

There was another game by the people who made Sensi that was really good. Can't remember what it was called, but you controlled a platoon of tiny soldiers and ran around gatting fools.

That would be The Chaos Engine. I had that on my Amiga, but Sensi Soccer is my absolute favourite.

Sorry Trumo, Jim gets the man points. It was Cannon Fodder. Wasn't the Chaos Engine by the same people who did Speedball?

I couldn't remember it although I also had that. It was a bit sadistic that you could shoot some goons and have the choice of either leaving them to bleed to death in insufferable agony, or just kill them stone dead.

still got mine, loved it

did anyone ever complete Ecco the dolphin?

I ended up swapping it in Images on Walton vale, was a great shop that, anyone remember it?

sega had a tour bus at New brighton fair one year, about 1993, I was about 10, upstairs was decked out with about 15 mega drives with sonic 2, whoever got the highest score in 5 mins won some goodies

I only went and smashed the record :) I used to do that thing on sonic 2 where if u practicied you could complete the first few levels in about 20 odd seconds,gave ya a whopping score, my dad videotaped it, will have to put it on youtube one day it was pretty funny, people running it had never seen anything like it,

because it was late on the sunday, there wasnt much goodies left, I got a xxxl tshirt and some sunglasses and a certificate :)

thats probably the only thing Ive ever won and was well chuffed lol

I know this is a Mega Drive thread, but I also had Speedball II on the Amiga. Does anyone remember Road Rash?

yeah it was great, think there was a second one too

Amiga's where brilliant too, I never had one but my best mates brother had one and we used to always be on it.

had megadrive games for it like golden axe, street fighter and micro machines.

anyone remember zool? like a sonic but black

yeah it was great, think there was a second one too

Amiga's where brilliant too, I never had one but my best mates brother had one and we used to always be on it.

had megadrive games for it like golden axe, street fighter and micro machines.

anyone remember zool? like a sonic but black

Zool was good. Superfrog was better. How about fighting games? I had Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat and Body Blows. Dynablaster was good (basically just Bomberman). Lemmings was addictive.