You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 league titles aint that bad.....

Arsenal may do it this year but so far wenger has not moved with the times. In the modern football world he is not getting the trophies.

What is strange for me is that it is his doing, he has the backing but his ego stops his team from dominating.

Imagine if arsenal had reina, masch and torres - i think they would have won the league quite a few times.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Claridge is pushing him close.

"It's disgusting what went on at Pompey, with 'arry struggling to get a team playing while the people above him were feathering their own nests"

Barclay's wrong sometimes, and he's right sometimes. Just like all of us. His point about cycle and decay is bang on for me. It's incredibly sad, because I've been going to Anfield for 40 years, and it never dawned on me that fellow match going reds would humiliate our manager, no matter how inept, so publicly. I'm so glad there wasn't any of that shite there today.

Not even when our supporters were writing things about the manager on the Walls outside melwood that were far worse than anything hodgson has 'endured'?

Selective memory or just good old fashioned revisionism?

the trouble I have with barclay is he is not consistant.

last season he was saying rafa was underahieveing with the squad he had (a fair opinion)

this season he is saying it's not roy's fault, it's the squad's fault

where is the consistancy? and further, why isn't he blaming fulham's current plight on roy?

Barclay is just a clown, he cant be taken serious, this is what he put up on his Twitter last night to get a reaction.

@pbarclaytimes

Patrick Barclay

Counting sheep dressed as Liverpool fans. Nearly asleep.

It used to be that I would think of this only when I read the tabloids. Alas, no more.

‘Just look at these superfluous people’, shouts Zarathustra, ‘they vomit their bile and call it a newspaper. They devour one another and cannot even digest themselves’.

‘Do you not see their souls hanging like dirty, limp rags? - And they also make newspapers from these rags!’

He desperately tried to slag us off in the game podcast from yesterday. He derides the fans about calling ourselves "the most knowledgeable in football" and tries on another couple of occasions.

I always thought "the MKFIF" label was given to us, rather than self proclaimed. Evans was also on the podcast and he let Barclay get away with far too much nonsense.

I have no issues with TE over the china story, but I really feel he didn't defend Liverpool fans yesterday. Barclay would have talked himself into some trouble yesterday if it wasn't for Marcotti steering him away.

I reckon we should have some TLW fun with Patrick Barclay, the ignorant cunt.

He desperately tried to slag us off in the game podcast from yesterday. He derides the fans about calling ourselves "the most knowledgeable in football" and tries on another couple of occasions.

I always thought "the MKFIF" label was given to us, rather than self proclaimed. Evans was also on the podcast and he let Barclay get away with far too much nonsense.

I have no issues with TE over the china story, but I really feel he didn't defend Liverpool fans yesterday. Barclay would have talked himself into some trouble yesterday if it wasn't for Marcotti steering him away.

I reckon we should have some TLW fun with Patrick Barclay, the ignorant cunt.

Yeah, he's exposed himself now as an agenda cunt cos he's really sticking up for his mate and trying to smear another group to justify it, certainly not the most knowledgeable journo in football. The papers love such 'ignorance' in their journo's though and will pay hand over fist for it.

barclay needs to ask himself why the liverpool fans have turned on roy so quickly.

in all my years of supporting liverpool I can hand on heart say I've never (NEVER!) wanted a manager sacked until roy. not evans, not gh and not rafa. I always want a manager to be given 3 years to get his ideas across but I've watched roy this season and it doesn't bear thinking about where we'll be in 3 years with roy still in charge.

Yeah, he's exposed himself now as an agenda cunt cos he's really sticking up for his mate and trying to smear another group to justify it, certainly not the most knowledgeable journo in football. The papers love such 'ignorance' in their journo's though and will pay hand over fist for it.

He's not even the most knowledgeable football journo on that paper.

Claridge is pushing him close.

"It's disgusting what went on at Pompey, with 'arry struggling to get a team playing while the people above him were feathering their own nests"

As if Harry didn't know what was going on, I have a spreadsheet in work and if I spend money, I put it on the sheet and it tells me how much there is left to spend on that type of job. I only work in lettings

By and large, I must admit, people pay far too much attention to what journos say. None of them have played the game, may as well just start a thread about what the bloke down the pub thinks.

Has anybody written so much hyperbole on Hodgson? "The Special One".

Roy Hodgson, the new Special One of SW6, overlooked for too long | Fulham - Times Online

Roy Hodgson’s achievements ensure he will be in demand, perhaps at Anfield - Times Online

Why ageless Roy Hodgson must be manager of the year | Fulham - Times Online

Roy Hodgson could fry much bigger fish away from Fulham - Times Online

the trouble I have with barclay is he is not consistant.

last season he was saying rafa was underahieveing with the squad he had (a fair opinion)

this season he is saying it's not roy's fault, it's the squad's fault

where is the consistancy? and further, why isn't he blaming fulham's current plight on roy?

I've said this to all my friends, that hughes hasn't come out once and said that fulham were crap this year due to it bein the OFC's squad and not his own. He's just got on with it.