You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suso's boss, I love watching him. Seems like the kind of player Rodgers will really like. Interesting to see how deep he was playing for Spain in that video.

By that Dave, do you think he is a contender for that "conductor" or "metronome" type player that Rodgers believes is key to his philosophy? Or would Lucas be a more obvious choice?

Well... my thoughts are with Lucas and Gerrard holding... and Henderson filling in for Gerrard, and Spearing(or someone else) filling in for Lucas...

That leaves the AMC portion of the midfield trio that Rodgers had at Swansea. I think Suso could easily fill that role.

Or more conventionally, Suso and Lucas deep, Gerrard at AM. Gerrard and Suso can switch while the wee one is still learning the rope on the defensive side of things.

I love to watch Suso play, and there's no doubting he has massive talent, but does anyone else get concerned over the extreme left-footedness?

I know there have been good one-footed players before, but Suso uses his left to such an extreme I worry that at the next level, where players are getting good scouting reports before matches, that they'll suss him out and learn to just let him go right as he's not capable of really threatening. I hope I'm wrong, but when I watch him play it's always in the back of my mind, watching him hop and spin around so he can use his left foot to play every single ball.

Very good at dropping his shoulder to unbalance defenders, though. Very, very good. Between that and his vision and technique, I'd love to see him get some chances next season.

I love to watch Suso play, and there's no doubting he has massive talent, but does anyone else get concerned over the extreme left-footedness?

I know there have been good one-footed players before, but Suso uses his left to such an extreme I worry that at the next level, where players are getting good scouting reports before matches, that they'll suss him out and learn to just let him go right as he's not capable of really threatening. I hope I'm wrong, but when I watch him play it's always in the back of my mind, watching him hop and spin around so he can use his left foot to play every single ball.

Very good at dropping his shoulder to unbalance defenders, though. Very, very good. Between that and his vision and technique, I'd love to see him get some chances next season.

When David Silva was establishing himself in the Valencia team the same thing was said about him and he did favour his left, he still does to be honest. The thing with players like Silva is that they have the ability to change speed and direction well enough that they can often put themselves in a situation where they are on their favoured foot. Now I'm not saying Suso is near Silva's level at the same age but being one footed is not such a big limitation as people would have you think. As long as he can do the simple things with his right foot and he works on it then I see no real problem.

By that Dave, do you think he is a contender for that "conductor" or "metronome" type player that Rodgers believes is key to his philosophy? Or would Lucas be a more obvious choice?

No I was just saying it's interesting that Spain are playing him deep as generally it's not something we've done.

It's way to early for him to play that role for us as he's got virtually no experience of the role, especially the defensive duties it entails.

I reckon Rodgers will love him though, he's defo his type of player.

• 2 months later...