You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tevez

18-5

It is with disappointment that we confirm to our supporters that Carlos Tevez has submitted a written transfer request. The Club can also confirm that the request has been rejected.

The Club remains disappointed by this situation and particularly with the actions of Carlos' representative.

Roberto Mancini and all at the Club have shown, and will continue to show, sensitivity to Carlos' personal circumstances including the issue of his family being based overseas. Indeed following his suspension as a result of the game against Bolton, Carlos requested, and was given, special dispensation by the Manager to take leave overseas.

The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts. Significantly, over recent months, the Club has also received numerous requests from Carlos’ representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year.

However, in line with the Club's policy of not negotiating playing contracts mid-season this has not been granted. Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City Football Club.

This is both an unfortunate and unwelcome distraction and the Club will remain focused on the games ahead in what is turning out to be a very promising season. The door remains open for Carlos to be selected to play.

From the Guarniad..

Carlos Tevez, Manchester City Manchester City have rejected a transfer request from the Argentinian striker Carlos Tevez, who still hopes to leave. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA

Carlos Tevez's relationship with Manchester City was at the point of no return tonight after he revealed he had wanted to leave since the summer and said his relationship with the club's executives had "broken down and is beyond repair".

Reiterating his determination to leave Eastlands, Tevez insisted he had "no personal issue with the manager, Roberto Mancini", but made it clear he would not change his mind and that it was not a matter of money.

"My feelings have not changed and it is regrettable we have reached this situation but it is something I have felt for some time and have spent many hours thinking this through," he said. "I wanted to leave in the summer, but was convinced to return to the club. Sadly, my feelings have not changed.

"I could have signed an improved contract, offered by the club during this season; however, this decision is not about money. I have made that clear to both the board and the management on several occasions. I hugely resent the management's suggestions that I have been unduly influenced by others. I am disappointed that the management should now see fit to try to portray the situation in another light."

That was referring to a statement released by City earlier in the day, describing themselves as "disappointed by this situation and particularly the actions of Carlos's representative [Kia Joorabchian]", as well as questioning whether it was a decision based on finance rather than Tevez's distress at being separated from his family in Argentina.

"The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos's stated position in both public and club contexts," the club said. "Significantly, over recent months the club have also received numerous requests from Carlos's representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract, as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year.

"In line with the club's policy of not negotiating playing contracts mid-season this has not been granted. Carlos's current five-year contract has three and a half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the club."

The Tevez camp insist he is simply unhappy as a consequence of his daughters, Florencia and Katia, living in Buenos Aires now he is separated from their mother, Vanessa. Tevez, it emerged, had informed the club in August that he wanted to leave only to be talked into waiting until this point, predominantly by Joorabchian.

Since then, he has been offered a new contract that would make him comfortably the best-paid footballer in England, as well as a one-off "sweetener" in excess of £1m, but refused them both, telling associates "he no longer enjoyed going into work in the morning".

His first wish would be to move back to Argentina but, recognising that might be out of the question, he is holding out for Spain, ideally Real Madrid, where he hopes his family will follow. Failing that, he is threatening to quit football altogether. "My relationship with certain executives and individuals at the club has broken down and is now beyond repair," he said, in a thinly veiled reference directed at the chief executive, Garry Cook, and the football administrator, Brian Marwood. "I do not wish to expand on this at this stage. They know, because I have told them. Now I need to clear my head and think because this is an important part of my career."

Tevez thanked Sheikh Mansour for his "understanding and support", saying City's owner had been "very generous with what he has offered to me". But relations between player and club appear to have suffered irreparable damage, City's statement making it clear they feel badly let down. Tevez's unhappiness about his family life is accepted as genuine – "we know he hates being in Manchester", one senior figure admitted – but City's statement talked of "an unfortunate and unwelcome distraction ... in what is turning out to be a very promising season".

The club added: "Roberto and all at the club have shown, and will continue to show, sensitivity to Carlos's personal circumstances, including the issue of his family being based overseas. Indeed, following his suspension [Tevez was banned from the 3-1 win at West Ham United on Saturday] Carlos requested, and was given, special dispensation to take leave overseas."

Even this, however, has led to confusion behind the scenes. Mancini had allowed Tevez to take four days off – initially three until Tevez asked for another day – and the club had been under the assumption he would be seeing his family. Their information is that he flew to Tenerife instead.

City insiders have also accused Tevez's representatives of making "excessive" wage demands, whereas the opposite claim comes from the player's, namely that City have been offering astronomical figures that he has turned down.

Mancini, who was in Italy having a minor operation on his left eye, now faces the possibility of losing a striker who has scored 33 goals in 50 Premier League appearances for the club since joining from Manchester United last year. The manager's initial suspicion was that Tevez may already have lined up another club although, on reflection, he does not believe this is the case.

Tevez admitted last week that being in Manchester while his daughters were on the other side of the world "did hurt" but went on to say that "my quality time with them will come later".

City's publicity department had gone to great lengths to try to foster the belief that he was not agitating for a move and the revelations are a huge embarrassment only a few days after a carefully staged interview with Tevez on the club's website in which he spoke of being happily settled.

After being suspended at the weekend Tevez had been due to play in Thursday's Europa League tie against Juventus, although that is now under review, and it might be that Mancini decides the man he made captain in the summer is not in the right frame of mind.

Carlos Tevez slams Manchester City with relationship 'beyond repair' | Football | The Guardian

Holding out for more money or genuinely does not like living here? :|

Or is he a bit psychotic? :drool:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably that cunt who pulls his and Mascherano's strings wanting another payday.

Clubs should come together and boycott players that do this, they should all agree not to sign a player that just continually scorches the earth looking for a new payday. I for one could never seriously support a player like this if he found his way to Liverpool.

No wonder people are losing interest in footy, I'm not even a citeh fan and yet I'm shaking my head at this shit. Fucking odious, greedy, badge-kissing twat.

It's probably that cunt who pulls his and Mascherano's strings wanting another payday.

Clubs should come together and boycott players that do this, they should all agree not to sign a player that just continually scorches the earth looking for a new payday. I for one could never seriously support a player like this if he found his way to Liverpool.

No wonder people are losing interest in footy, I'm not even a citeh fan and yet I'm shaking my head at this shit. Fucking odious, greedy, badge-kissing twat.

Its hardly about greed if he's turned down an increased pay rise and a one off sweetener is it.

Its hardly about greed if he's turned down an increased pay rise and a one off sweetener is it.

But is it what he wanted? He says his relationships with club execs have broken down, when does a player deal with the club's business people? It's when they go asking for money. He's basically spat his dummy out Rooney style and wants a hug and some money. Disgusting twat, someone should shove a Harrier squadron up his wife's box, see how he likes them family values.

But is it what he wanted? He says his relationships with club execs have broken down, when does a player deal with the club's business people? It's when they go asking for money. He's basically spat his dummy out Rooney style and wants a hug and some money. Disgusting twat, someone should shove a Harrier squadron up his wife's box, see how he likes them family values.

Good point.

I say bigger contract or a move to Chelsea tbh. Kia Joorabchian partly owned Ramires too I think. This Kia fella is one fishy guy. Chelsea are in trouble now and may be Roman asked Pini Zahavi and Kia Joorabchian to get tevez from Man City.

City won't let him move to Chelsea at all and can afford to let him rot in the reserves. We hear every transfer window that Chelsea are going to spend big but haven't since 2006. Otherwise it's been near enough to a £20m net spend as far as I can see.

Jose and Madrid have come calling for Tevez in my opinion. If he hated Manchester, he surely knew it when he moved across the city 18 months ago having been there 2 years at that stage. Like Masch, great fotballer but .....

What if he buys out his contact? Is that not possible?

Chelsea may not be spending as much as they did when Roman took over but they did spend 18 million on the likes of Ramires and 6 million on Benayoun last summer. High profile player rotting in the reserves isn't good for City's morale or its media image. Tevez does say that he wanted to move in the summer and Chelsea at that time were the club interested in him. I think there is more to this than just family issues and stuff.

He is engineering a move to London.

But surely Tevez would cost £30m+ and Chelsea are not paying that much for a player recently, unless they sell Anelka or Drogba but neither would not carry that much of a fee due to their age.

Maybe Abramovic is ready to splash the cash again, and in my opinion it is badly needed as most of their better players are on the wrong side of 30 and the younger "promising" ones don't cut the mustard for me. Unless he reinvests heavily, I think they won't be top 4 in 2-3 years.

True. The Chelsea squad isn't at the same level as it used to be. If they don't spend then top four will be very difficult for Chelsea. Having said that, wasn't Ancelotti rumoured to be given big money in January to improve the squad?

I reckon Tevez will cost 35 million and I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea break the transfer fee record to land him.

How can Tevez possibly want more money. If he's the best paid player at City and Yaya Toure is on £230k a week, he must be on easily £1m a month. How much money does one man need.

I genuinely think Tevez is just disenfranchised with football. He could use his exorbitant salary to buy himself out of his contract and sign for Boca.

Or Joorabchian could buy his registration back and send him to wherever he feels happy.

I reckon Tevez will cost 35 million and I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea break the transfer fee record to land him.

Besides their 1st 11, all they have in terms of 1st team players are Hilario, Ferreira, Bosingwa, Zhirkov, Ramires, Kalou, Yossi and Sturridge. It would be strange if they spend £35m on only one player and the one position where they have strength in depth. Not saying it won't happen but IMO it would be crazy, unless Abramovic is going to release 100m or so.

What if he buys out his contact? Is that not possible?

Chelsea may not be spending as much as they did when Roman took over but they did spend 18 million on the likes of Ramires and 6 million on Benayoun last summer. High profile player rotting in the reserves isn't good for City's morale or its media image. Tevez does say that he wanted to move in the summer and Chelsea at that time were the club interested in him. I think there is more to this than just family issues and stuff.

He is engineering a move to London.

He could just retire, leave it 6 months and then give a load of bollocks about a change of heart and come back and sign for anybody he pleases.