You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In defence of Hodgson and the utter disgrace that we call football....

Antynwa

I meant about Hodgson having lost the dressing room - that's what you were alluding to wasn't it?

I'm sure one of the Tony's said there were 'murmurings of discontent in the dressing room', but that really wasn't my point mate.

We sacked the last manager because he underachieved with the squad he had and the players felt it was time for him to go, but what now?

These players have had their way, but their performances haven't improved one bit, their attitude still stinks and they haven't improved on results at all. Are they going to throw their toys out of the pram again if we are still struggling in November and decide they want a new manager in?

I'm just wondering, will the board start holding the players accountable, or will they keep changing managers everytime someone is unhappy because they've been left on the bench.

All I kept hearing last season was -Wah wah wah we finished 7th its not good enough!!! The manager is a fat cunt get rid!!! Hes bloody useless, a fat spanish waiter!!! Lets get an english manager in who knows the premier league. Someone who can give ickle Stevie G a cuddle when he's feelin down. That bloody Johnny foreigner is no good, he keeps upsetting our pampered stars blah blah fuckin blah...

Well to all those who had their wish granted. I hope your happy now.

Kelly was on the bench, that said he had a terrible game against Utrecht and left back is not a natural position for him at all.

Youth will get you the sack as well according to Hodgson.

The more Hodgson opens his mouth the more I find myself disliking him that little bit more.

Kelly was on the bench, that said he had a terrible game against Utrecht and left back is not a natural position for him at all.

Youth will get you the sack as well according to Hodgson.

After the Konchesky deal I'm shit scared that he'll decimate the youth squad if he's still here in Jan.

A lot of people are saying we shouldnt have sacked Rafa,fair point,but it seemed likely Rafa was going to find a way out anyway. He spoke to Juventus and his agent was pimping him around Spain too.

It seemed the only way he would have stayed was with new owners and that was never going to happen. Its 5 months later and theres still no new owners even now.

I too thought and still think Hodgson is the right man under the circumstances but im not sure he'll be allowed to try to steady the ship after his start.

A lot of people are saying we shouldnt have sacked

I too thought and still think Hodgson is the right man under the circumstances but im not sure he'll be allowed to try to steady the ship after his start.

I just dont see it myself. Instead of steady the ship it looks like he's more likely to rock the boat until the bloody thing capsizes and then eventually sinks to the bottom.

So Fulham were never positive at all ever? Seems like a pretty ridiculous view to me. I wonder if you have ever watched them. Duff is quite a good winger and they have quite a few other offensive midfielders as well. He generally played two up front which whether you like it or not is more of attacking formation than we played in any game last season.

What the fuck has how many games Atletico won got to do with with the sort of football Hodgson plays?

My mate works for an insurance firm in the city and gets tickets to Craven Cottage regular like, so yes, I have seen them a lot.

4-4-2 doesn't have to be a more attacking formation than 4-5-1.

We have been sitting deeper this year than last, that is hardly more positive is it?

The about Alt. Madrid is that they hardly won any of their games in Europe and got to the final. Europa League is a fucking shit cup and indicating that he managed to get a side there (while dropping five places in the league and only winning a single away game) as a sign of his managerial skill is frankly laughable.

I warned fans time and time again when they were slagging off Benitez and calling for him to be sacked that you're in the hands of Purslow and the board, no nothing cunts who then did exactly what I expected them to do: appoint someone like Hodgson who is totally out of his depth.

The media told them he was an excellent British manager, LMA manager of the year and they conveniently ignored his disastrous spell at Blackburn

Although at one point I hoped they would appoint Pellegrini but when that blindingly obvious appointment didn't come off I prayed that Dalglish would get it but no, Purslow and Ayre know better. Not only did they take the decision to sack Benitez but to also hire a complete idiot as his replacement which was ALWAYS a possibility so don't give us the "I didn't want him, I want Maureen" because that was NEVER an option and everyone knows that.

You live by the media and your internet outrage [from all last year] and you die by them. Sadly our club is paying the price for idiots like you.

Ye see Rebel that's where all the sheep fall down.

If you keep saying things and it's drummed into the sheep,it eventually becomes fact.

Don't worry last year it was Benitez,don't worry the wheels are in motion to ship Torres out.

That cunt Redknapp started the ball rolling at Old Trafford,Chris Coleman carried the baton whilst commentating against Utrecht.

And the sheep have fell for it,you can hear the murmurs of discontent being levelled at Nando,rest assured the media will carry on stoking the fires!!!!!

I know, that's my point.

The problem is that getting rid of Benitez in the first place didn't open up a wealth of possibilities.

No decent manager would have touched it with a barge pole.

Now we have Hodgson - but who else could we have got in? I wanted Pellegrini at the time but he was far from a safe bet, not having managed in England before. The most likely candidate now is probably O'Neill. Do we seriously want him at the helm?

The problem with getting a good manager was, and still is, that good managers are generally quite intelligent, and it doesn't take a genius at this moment in time to see that the weight of expectation, low morale and ownership uncertainty at the club render the term 'poisoned chalice' quite a mild manner of description for our current state.

Loew, Hiddink, Mourinho, Deschamps, even Harry Redknapp wouldn't come near us (thank God).

I hated last season as much as anybody and I don't disagree with you that Rafa looked like a spent man - but the board definitely gave him that little push over the edge.

I think there would have been a time to call an end to his tenure but I don't think it was at the end of last season. Our current situation doesn't prove that but it's hard to realistically imagine things being much worse.

The fact you knew my avatar is slightly disturbing. I like to change my avatar every so often seeing as I have paid for the privelege to do so and all. I am prepared to give any new manager a chance unlike the unwashed on here.

Fuck off John, you were in the 'Rafa cost us the league ANY manager could do better ' camp and now you've realised that in fact Rafa was the glue holding the entire club together.

How is our bet btw ? The one where I said we' d be in a Relegation battle if Rafa left .

Ye see Rebel that's where all the sheep fall down.

If you keep saying things and it's drummed into the sheep,it eventually becomes fact.

Don't worry last year it was Benitez,don't worry the wheels are in motion to ship Torres out.

That cunt Redknapp started the ball rolling at Old Trafford,Chris Coleman carried the baton whilst commentating against Utrecht.

And the sheep have fell for it,you can hear the murmurs of discontent being levelled at Nando,rest assured the media will carry on stoking the fires!!!!!

Spot on John, thought exactly the same once I saw TLW Chief wobbling sheep TomR having a go at Torres a couple of weeks back. No mention that Carra seems past it and that Gerrard has also been looking uninspired.

Amazing that many of our fans would look to agree with Sam Allardyce, Steve 'i didnt mind when I won with a goal off a beachball' Bruce and Sir Alex Ferguson.

Anyone who has a go at Torres needs their head testing. He cant do it all on his own when he is isolated up top with no support around him. Again this is Woy's fault for waiting until about 20 minutes before the transfer window shut to decide he wanted another striker.

We needed a striker and he signs fucking konchesky on deadline day and spunks away £6m on Poulsen :(

Anyone who has a go at Torres needs their head testing. He cant do it all on his own when he is isolated up top with no support around him. Again this is Woy's fault for waiting until about 20 minutes before the transfer window shut to decide he wanted another striker.

We needed a striker and he signs fucking konchesky on deadline day and spunks away £6m on Poulsen :(

How the fuck do you know who and who he wasn't trying to buy the final weeks of the transfer market?

Their is no defence for playing this team

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Carragher Konchesky

Meirelles Poulsen Gerrard Cole

Kuyt Torres

When this team is available

Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Konchesky

Meirelles Lucas

Kuyt Gerrard Cole

Torres