You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Masch Gone - fee agreed but not yet disclosed

Slimbo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought Torres for a similar fee... Sad to see him go, an excellent player, made a mistake, but who doesn't. In general, our negotiating skills seem to be on the same level regardless of who's doing it. Hodgson huffed and puffed, Purslow probably did his best, and here's the result. At least we should now be able to sign Konchesky to everyone's everlasting joy...

I'd rather just sign a playmaker instead of Knchesky and Toivoen.

Judging from the standard of our recent targets, it'll be Paul fucking Scharner that we go for.

We desperately need a central midfielder that can dictate the play ala Alonso. Gerrard is wasted back there unless it's at home against shite opposition and he can get forward a bit more.

Saying that, we desperatly need a left back too, and a striker...

Any farewell thanks from the twat?

Just in:

javier-mascherano.jpg

Dear Liverpool fan. I only want to not say this: I never not wanted to leave Liverpool. I only not want to leave the country Liverpool lived in. It like me not liking a peach but never wanting the stone in middle of peach. As you say in Liverpool, I not want cake but I not want to eat it as well. It an honour to play for Liverpool. If Liverpool move to hot country with proper jalapeno sauces and things I play for you again. I repeat: Liverpool is not never going to be in my heart. Bye bye and cheerio.

A statement on Barcelona's website today said: "FC Barcelona and Liverpool FC have reached an agreement in principle for the transfer of Javier Mascherano to the club for the next four seasons.

"The deal was closed after intensive efforts made by the club in the final hours and through the player himself in the negotiations.

"Barcelona will report the details of the operation once the player passes the medical and the transfer is concluded.

"It is hoped Javier Mascherano will arrive in Barcelona this weekend."

Liverpool Echo - Liverpool FC - News - Liverpool FC agree fee with Barcelona for Javier Mascherano

Going to find out one way or another......

I don't get the whole "Now buy someone and push Gerrard further forward" line of thought. Surely the reason Cole signed was because he was going to play there and not out wide? I thought that was one of the main enticements to get him to come? I'm happy with Gerrard deeper and Cole further forward, they're both decent. I'd spend the money on some quality for the wide positions. And by quality I mean the type of quality that has pace and can go past people, if that's available for the money we have.

I don't get the whole "Now buy someone and push Gerrard further forward" line of thought. Surely the reason Cole signed was because he was going to play there and not out wide? I thought that was one of the main enticements to get him to come? I'm happy with Gerrard deeper and Cole further forward, they're both decent. I'd spend the money on some quality for the wide positions. And by quality I mean the type of quality that has pace and can go past people, if that's available for the money we have.

I reckon after 6 months of being back to goal, getting beaten up by big center halves and DMs, everyone, Joe Cole included, will look a whole lot more favorably on those big wide open vacated spaces out on the wings.