You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Konchesky

Cantrell20

As I say, it is all about timing

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/82497-greek-13.html

Funny to see how a cheap signing is viewed differently within one year.

on Kyriakos

Distressed and sort of disgusted that we have fallen so fucking far as to make panic signings like this...

on Konchesky

What you're failing to see is that we don't need a Konchesky for six years, we only need him for 1/2... We've Robinson in the reserves, and Konchesky is backup for Aurelio(who is perma-crocked).

Poulsen isn't necessary for a while, but we could afford him as a "just incase Masch is sold" type of signing.

Edited by Whelan

It seems that roy knows hes only gonna be here for 1 or 2 seasons hence the age of players he is buying. It appears that all long term planning has gone out the window. Another masterstroke from our wonderful board as it makes perfect financial sense to sign players with no sell on value when you are skint.

He's a player Fulham are happy to part ways with. Need we say much more? I take it we have no chance of signing Figueroa?

What's your point?

Sociedad were happy to let Alonso go in 2004, Wilem II happy to let Sammi go in 1999.

They must be terrible, then.

There are good arguments for not signing him, THIS is not one of them.

I was okay with signing Konchesky when I thought he would be back up to someone like Salcido, but the fact that we are signing him and Fulham are signing Salcido is shameful. Why the fuck are we signing the worse player? Seriously? I've got to be honest, I have completely lost faith in Hodgson's ability in the transfer market and I am really worried about the kind of season we are going to have. He will of course be judged on results, but the players he has signed and attempted to sign have already got me hoping that he'll only be here for a very brief period. He is filling our squad with mediocre, ageing journeymen who stand NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of improving us. That is the scary thing. We finished seventh last season, and with the exception of Cole - who I don't personally count as a Hodgson signing - we haven't signed a single player who will improve us. Scary, scary shit.

I was okay with signing Konchesky when I thought he would be back up to someone like Salcido, but the fact that we are signing him and Fulham are signing Salcido is shameful. Why the fuck are we signing the worse player? Seriously? I've got to be honest, I have completely lost faith in Hodgson's ability in the transfer market and I am really worried about the kind of season we are going to have. He will of course be judged on results, but the players he has signed and attempted to sign have already got me hoping that he'll only be here for a very brief period. He is filling our squad with mediocre, ageing journeymen who stand NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of improving us. That is the scary thing. We finished seventh last season, and with the exception of Cole - who I don't personally count as a Hodgson signing - we haven't signed a single player who will improve us. Scary, scary shit.

Couldn't have put it better.

What's your point?

Sociedad were happy to let Alonso go in 2004, Wilem II happy to let Sammi go in 1999.

They must be terrible, then.

There are good arguments for not signing him, THIS is not one of them.

Alonso was around 21/22 when we signed him, and he rejected Real Madrid for us.

Sami also was around 23/24, and he had a brilliant reputation in Holland.

Konchesky, on the other hand, is around 31 and terribly shit.

Funny to see how a cheap signing is viewed differently within one year.

I think it's totally different. Kyrgiakos was signed when we were being linked to 'bigger' signings. We had just let Sami walk away, and there is no way that the Greek was going to improve upon Sami.

Insua is an absolute horrorshow at leftback, and Konchesky would actually be a pretty decent step up from him.