You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best Midfield In The World

Guest LFD

Perhaps those advocating strengthening our flanks rather than central midfield would indulge me by suggesting some affordable signings that would improve our team on our current shoestring budget?

I am genuinely intrigued by the notion that there are proven wide players available at minimal cost that are better than Maxi, Cole, Jovanovic and Kuyt.

Same goes for CM though, I'm not sure of what we have to spend and how much clubs want for players but even if we had Xabi tomorrow, he needs someone to pass it to, isn't cole supposed to have an agreement he plays in the centre? Shouldn't be wouldn't surprise me now we seemingly have no standards anymore, we havn't played him out wide yet either so could be true he doesn't want to play there and Roy is willing to indulge him.

We need a striker and or a leftback also before a cm if we can't get a wide man, there are players out there but problem is we have a man without a plan in place or any knowledge of top level footballers it seems.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think we have a very good team, but centre midfield is looking the weakest it has been for years.

We have always had a good centre midfield since Houiller came - with Hamann / Gerrard, then Sissoko / Alonso and more recently Mascherano / Gerrard.

But if Mascherano goes, then who look short in quality in this area and Roy won't have long to bring in a replacement or ideally two, so Gerrard can be used higher up the field..

Trucker Paddy - there was a Nascent deal/deal in the making re Huang on the table that could of developed into a solid bid quite easily if allowed to happen properly and Not attacked as it was by Gillette and his lackeys. Now I suppose you're telling me now that the pathetic excuse for a 'deal' by Kirdi (now THAT was a phantom deal if ever there was one), the fact that the twin horrors appointed Purslow And Broughton (thus the LAST thing those two would want would be to be set against Their bosses in a direct boardroom vote re the deal) and the mysterious ahem 'delays' that Caused the Huang bid to collapse are ALL unrelated are you? Yea right.

On another note - Don't you find it rather suspicious that the DIC bid And the Huang bid Both had to do weeks and weeks of due diligence yet G & H cleared That hurdle within days? I've always found That little fact Very suspicious indeed and no-one's Ever explained why that happened satisfactorily but what it Is, is yet more proof that G & H take shortcuts to get what they want, use sabotage and have NO scruples whatsoever when it comes to our club - WE should take a leaf out of Their books and attack Them without scruples (and I don't necessarily mean legally either) until they go - Them? They abandoned ANY notion of scruples on our doormat when they came in and until We do likewise? We'll effectively be Their doormats - It's Way past time now that we not only gave them a taste of their own medicine - but that we Killed their ownership dead with it - Never mind protests or direct action - We should declare all out WAR on them and rule out Nothing as a weapon against them until they're gone.

Anyway, regarding the fall of the Huang bid; Come on man, of Course Gillette had something to do with it - Look back to the Collapse of the DIC bid (and we KNOW that existed) in 2007 - What Gillette did to sabotage that and what he did now were almost carbon copies of one another. In short, Gillette's deal wrecking antics worked once and he decided to wheel them out of the cupboard again when he was backed into a corner - All the evidence if such were needed that This man is FAR more dangerous to our club even than his blustering, redneck excuse for a partner and we Need to get rid as soon as we can by ANY means possible............

Edited by Redshadow

Trucker Paddy - there was a Nascent deal/deal in the making re Huang on the table that could of developed into a solid bid quite easily if allowed to happen properly and Not attacked as it was by Gillette and his lackeys. Now I suppose you're telling me now that the pathetic excuse for a 'deal' by Kirdi (now THAT was a phantom deal if ever there was one), the fact that the twin horrors appointed Purslow And Broughton (thus the LAST thing those two would want would be to be set against Their bosses in a direct boardroom vote re the deal) and the mysterious ahem 'delays' that Caused the Huang bid to collapse are ALL unrelated are you? Yea right.

On another note - Don't you find it rather suspicious that the DIC bid And the Huang bid Both had to do weeks and weeks of due diligence yet G & H cleared That hurdle within days? I've always found That little fact Very suspicious indeed and no-one's Ever explained why that happened satisfactorily but what it Is, is yet more proof that G & H take shortcuts to get what they want, use sabotage and have NO scruples whatsoever when it comes to our club - WE should take a leaf out of Their books and attack Them without scruples (and I don't necessarily mean legally either) until they go - Them? They abandoned ANY notion of scruples on our doormat when they came in and until We do likewise? We'll effectively be Their doormats - It's Way past time now that we not only gave them a taste of their own medicine - but that we Killed their ownership dead with it - Never mind protests or direct action - We should declare all out WAR on them and rule out Nothing as a weapon against them until they're gone.

Anyway, regarding the fall of the Huang bid; Come on man, of Course Gillette had something to do with it - Look back to the Collapse of the DIC bid (and we KNOW that existed) in 2007 - What Gillette did to sabotage that and what he did now were almost carbon copies of one another. In short, Gillette's deal wrecking antics worked once and he decided to wheel them out of the cupboard again when he was backed into a corner - All the evidence if such were needed that This man is FAR more dangerous to our club even than his blustering, redneck excuse for a partner and we Need to get rid as soon as we can by ANY means possible............

I know the yanks did'nt give a fuck about how they got the club in 2007, and due dillegince was a 2nd thought, but the Haung bid was total bollocks, there was no bid, Haung was looking for publicity and the Times gave it to him

Lucas and Poulsen as our CM partnership. That's the worst CM partnership at Liverpool for decades.

One of the worst CM's in the league. My question is, after spending 20-odd million and God knows how much on Aquilani's injury treatment and wages, could anyone tell me why the fuck we loaned him out?!?!?! What is the logic behind spending 5 million on Poulsen and then letting Aquilani go (on loan) for free?!?!

The season isn't even three games old and the transfer activity tells you this club has gone to the dogs.

One of the worst CM's in the league. My question is, after spending 20-odd million and God knows how much on Aquilani's injury treatment and wages, could anyone tell me why the fuck we loaned him out?!?!?! What is the logic behind spending 5 million on Poulsen and then letting Aquilani go (on loan) for free?!?!

The season isn't even three games old and the transfer activity tells you this club has gone to the dogs.

No idea mate Aqua, once again we've rolled over, its awful, on a lighter note though this summer has going spliffingly well for Purslow.

I don't agree they are the worst partnership, as bad as they were I got chills reading that teamsheet, and just couldn't watch, we have had worse but should Javier go then I would say collectively we have the worst collection of centre mids since I can remember going back further than the times of Ince, Redders or Barnes Thomas, or Mcmahon and co so probably you could go back the 60's relatively speaking trying to find worse collectively. We've always had top players there but only Gerrard and arguably Cole if you consider him would count as our level but hardly ever played cm for the majority of their careers as often get moved elsewhere, let's get Lorik Cana in and sell Gerrard I'm sure Purslow would wack off to that, amen.

I have just had a TRULY awful, horrible, horrible thought actually regading all this transfer (non) Activity. What IF the club (or rather the Goblins in charge) are planning a stroke on Roy ala what they did to Rafa' Last season - the REAL reason we did so badly last year wasn't All due to Rafa' - It was due to the fact we made half his purchases in the Transfer Window, sold Xabi as the club, owners and Real Madrid wanted/Expected and then? Rafa' had the carpet pulled out from under him and ALL transfer funds pulled and this after having more than half of the Xabi Alonso fee and the Whole fee for Robbie Keane still Not used for transfers and supposedly available to him. Regarding what happened back then; I'm convinced Aquilani wasn't the ONLY midfielder he had lined up to replace Xabi Alonso yet Aquilani was our (and his) last purchase - He got Rodriguez on a free. What IF the club are planning the same via twit and tw*t THIS year?

I just wonder If the Gruesome Twosome are planning someting similar THIS time around; It would explain just WHY all we've heard about Roy wanting to buy is a left-back and striker with little or Nothing heard regarding our midfield and you have to ask in view of that - Are the club just Waiting for Roy to sell Masch' so the Owners can hoover up the funds - Worse still in order for them to be put towards H & G Staying here? It wouldn't suprise me given the history of Those two - Nothing should suprise us about them anymore but given just How weak our squad is, it would be a New low - Even for them. Having said that - I think we should prepare ourselves as fans for something liike that to possibly happen as I just can't help but shake the feeling those two are planning SOME sort of stroke to ruin us yet again before the Transfer Window shuts - As if the damage they've done already isn't enough, I can't help but feel that the Two Gremlins have Far worse in store for us yet..............