You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton To Become the Espanyol of Liverpool

Red Nick

If this deal does go through just spare a thought for the poor old Evertonians who for the first time in there lives may have a reason to be bitter.

For Everton read Espanyol the very poor neighbours of Barcelona.

We will have a 100,000 state of the art best stadium in Europe with Hotels and other fantastic add ons to boot with the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Torres and Gerrard in our team.

The sad reality is when they sing there is only one team in Liverpool they will be right.

Poor old Evertonians

If this deal does go through just spare a thought for the poor old Evertonians who for the first time in there lives may have a reason to be bitter.

We will have a 100,000 state of the art best stadium in Europe with Hotels and other fantastic add ons to boot with the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Torres and Gerrard in our team.

The sad reality is when they sing there is only one team in Liverpool they will be right.

Poor old Evertonians

Please stop Nick.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Poor old Evertonians

You can fuck right off.

Guest PurpleNose

Reina

Maicon Carragher Pepe Lahm

Messi Gerrard Xavi Iniesta

Torres Aguero

I'd be very surprised if we didn't start the season with this as our first team.

money or no money we are & always will be bigger & better

If we were to start throwing money round on a scale of City/Chelsea then we are no better than what we have been ripping into the last 7 years in Chelseas case and 2 in Citys.

I prefer us to be reserved and add what we need to a squad rather than buying what you dont need and throwing the owners cash everywhere.

Give me an owner who takes the debt off the club and is wise and prudent with the cash over what is happening at City and I'll be well happy. Anything else and its an owners achievement anything we do, pure and simple.

Modern football, when you're only as successful as your sugar daddys wealth.

Its a fucking disgrace the way the great game has ended up.

Agreed, but short of the game imploding, how does that change? And to what degree is it our, as demanding fans, fault?

I wouldn't mock Everton at present. Yes they have no money but they have a chairman that wouldn't sell the club down the river to make an extra 8 million quid. The manager has steadily built a decent squad that if they get off to a decent start for once might actually threaten the top 4 and has his house well in order. No one is spending big this summer apart from City and Everton will have Arteta, Jagielka & Fellaini available from the off this season thats 50 mill worth of talent they never had last season and add the Rodwell will only get better this season Everton have a tidy side.

I wouldn't mock Everton at present. Yes they have no money but they have a chairman that wouldn't sell the club down the river to make an extra 8 million quid. The manager has steadily built a decent squad that if they get off to a decent start for once might actually threaten the top 4 and has his house well in order. No one is spending big this summer apart from City and Everton will have Arteta, Jagielka & Fellaini available from the off this season thats 50 mill worth of talent they never had last season and add the Rodwell will only get better this season Everton have a tidy side.

THERE FUCKIN SHITE

Being mega rich could suck balls. I'd rather just have a good owner who'd be prepared to stump up relative sums of cash, like Villa's Randy Learner, than a city style sheikh who spends 30million on 15million players. Don't know about the rest of you but for me, being linked with knobheads such as adebayor or anyother mercenary every day who are just after a quick payday will give me a certain numbness.

Obviously its nice to be linked with the david villas etc of the world but id personally sooner have a team of pepes, aggers, nandos who were bought in relatively cheap, progressed with us and now have a solid relationship with the club. I say nando was relatively cheap because lets face it 20million these days apparently gets you fucking kolorov or however you spell it. Put them with homegrown talent like stevie and carra and thats the sort of liverpool i like to see.

SHOULD we become mega rich i hope we don't lose our soul and spending continues to be sensible. 50million bids aren't the way forward in my eyes.