You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contador MUST attack, and I think that the Schlecks MUST attack as well. This incline is going to be epic, really.

Contador won't take 3 1/2 minutes off Evans in the Time Trial.

Evans will likely take more than 90 seconds off Andy Schleck in the Time Trial.

They both need breathing room.

Delighted to see Contador not even make the podium.

Congratulations to Cadel Evans.

I'm sorry that Thomas Voeckler hasn't made the podium. His performance in this Tour will always be a highlight for me.

One thing I have never understood is this ' ceremonial last day to Paris '.

It must rob the tour of the opportunity for great finishes every year.

Really pleased that Evans has won, but think that after all these gruelling stages it is a bit unfortunate that it has basically come down to one time trial.

also with it being a short flat stage it'd be near impossible for any time to be taken out of the leader as any attempt would be chased down by his team

I can see that Niallers, but it must be very frustrating to be not allowed to at least have a go & just let somebody stroll to a prize that you have wanted & trained for your whole life.

I can see that Niallers, but it must be very frustrating to be not allowed to at least have a go & just let somebody stroll to a prize that you have wanted & trained for your whole life.

It's the sprinters stage anyway, no team with the yellow would let a breakaway happen on the last day and on a flat stage.

also with it being a short flat stage it'd be near impossible for any time to be taken out of the leader as any attempt would be chased down by his team
The whole peloton would shut them down quick smart. It's just not done.

I love all the traditions associated with the Tour...especially so now that an AUSSIE! is the virtual winner. :D

cant help but have slightly mixed feelings about this tour. Cadel has been the strongest man in the race and has fully earned the win, but I love to see the attacking riders win rather than the defenders, sadly contador and just sanchez weren't strong enough. Evans reminds me of big mig who was a fantastic champion but I'd rather watch hinault or pantani anytime.

How long before this winner is linked with performance drugs? Took a few years with Armstrong and a lot less with Contador so how long with Evans?

Voeckler over performed so maybe hes a candidate too.

Enjoyed the whole tour as a spectacle myself but its a lot like watching athletics,you always wonder who are the cheats.