You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shit spoke on hear about Hodgson is a joke, If Hodgson takes the Job why does he deserve so much shit? Because Rafa was sacked? Nobody knows If he will be good or bad, But it seems so many want him to fuck up just to prove a point.

I'm going to give Roy support if he gets it like I would Dalglish.

I don't think it's anything to do with Rafa Al.

I think people (including me) have just looked at his history and looked at the style of football his team plays, and even what he did last season and has actually achieved and seen a manager who just isn't that special. I fear for us under Hodgson and think Dalglish would be a better appointment. I also think some main players would not be convinced by the appointment of Hodgson, especially as the word "diplomatic" seems to come up every time as opposed to "success" and I fear those players would leave.

It is not a name, or a career that inspires massive confidence. The previous manager has nothing to do with that.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's anything to do with Rafa Al.

I think people (including me) have just looked at his history and looked at the style of football his team plays, and even what he did last season and has actually achieved and seen a manager who just isn't that special. I fear for us under Hodgson and think Dalglish would be a better appointment. I also think some main players would not be convinced by the appointment of Hodgson, especially as the word "diplomatic" seems to come up every time as opposed to "success" and I fear those players would leave.

It is not a name, or a career that inspires massive confidence. The previous manager has nothing to do with that.

But what do we expect with the current regime? If we don't get the king we won't get anyone with the right track record imo. Nothing we can do only hope the new man is the right man.

The shit spoke on hear about Hodgson is a joke, If Hodgson takes the Job why does he deserve so much shit? Because Rafa was sacked? Nobody knows If he will be good or bad, But it seems so many want him to fuck up just to prove a point.

I'm going to give Roy support if he gets it like I would Dalglish.

People expressing reservations about him or preferring Dalglish is nothing like them wanting him to fuck up. I havent seen anyone giving him much shit either, nothing like calling him a fat cunt or anything.

But what do we expect with the current regime? If we don't get the king we won't get anyone with the right track record imo. Nothing we can do only hope the new man is the right man.

If we get Hodgson, then he gets my support. End of story. However, I don't want him. If we got Mark Hughes he'd get my support, but I certainly don't want him.

Sorry Johnny but it is, I'm sorry but Rafa's style of play was a hell of a lot worse than Hodgy's, but then again it was worse than Pullis. The man is on a hiding TO nothing and I'm sorry but its the truth, Kenny is the King but Roy looks like being the manager, If he is I bet he gets little support and I'll bet Rafa's name gets sung by the 306 section before Hodgson.

Sorry Johnny but I've seen it all before.

By the way I can tell you that SG and Carra will be very happy If Hodgy gets the Job(FACT)

Would they prefer Kenny though?

In all fairness, nothing personal against Roy, he's just not up to this job. Rafa Benitez is not an easy act to follow no matter who you are.

We don't know whether he is up to the job. And Rafa's performance last year would be easily trumped by most managers in the prem I'd say.

In all fairness, nothing personal against Roy, he's just not up to this job. Rafa Benitez is not an easy act to follow no matter who you are.

What? Did you witness the shit Rafa had us playing last season? The lack of trophies, lack of champions league football, lack of a European Final (which Roy managed with muck players at Fulham)

Some amount of shite talked on here.

yes he is - finish 6th, job done.

any manager who cant finished above 7th with players like gerrrad torres masch carra agger bennyhill kuyt reira reina johnson babel skrtl shouldnt be in the game.

yes he is - finish 6th, job done.

any manager who cant finished above 7th with players like gerrrad torres masch carra agger bennyhill kuyt reira reina johnson babel skrtl shouldnt be in the game.

Don't compare it on the back of last season. Look at the last 6 years, or 10 years, what has Hodgson won, what has Rafa won.

Why has Hodgson been nowhere near a big club in the last decade? Why hasn't he won any major trophies despite being 62? Guess.

Rafa at 50 - 2 La Liga's, 1 Uefa Cup, 1 Champions League and another final, 1 FA Cup, 1 super cup and a 2nd place Premier League finish 86 points (enough to win it this season). Rafa's Premiership finishes have been consistent bar this year, 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 2nd, 7th. Hodgson's last 2 years with Fulham,

7th, 12th. If the man hadn't reached the 'EUROPA' League final after beating Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Shakhtar Donesk or someone he wouldn't be anywhere near the Liverpool job.

You lot don't deserve Roy.

It would be best for everyone if Kenny got the job.

deserve roy? you mean he dont deserve to manage us!! jesus why do fulham fans think that after 1 good cup run and a slightly above average league finish that he is the new mourinho

i dont want him near LFC full stop

You have started already. You cant help but bring Rafa up. He has gone get over it.

A new man needs support.

Who the fuck said I wanted him to stay? Your saying he is geting shit when he hasnt had one bit of shit, he HAS had people worried about whether he is he right man for the job AND whether he should get it over Kenny.

Your the one bringing Rafa into it, it seems anyone opposed to Hodgeson coming in wants Rafa re-instated, sort it out and try coming back with something better then the 'get over it' shite.

Im perfectly happy with Kenny coming in or is that not allowed as ill be going against my overwhelming desire to cry that Rafa has gone?

Roy Hodgson remains the front-runner for Liverpool manager’s jobTony Barrett 2 Comments

Recommend? Liverpool will continue their pursuit of Roy Hodgson despite having been made aware of Kenny Dalglish’s willingness to take over as manager.

Hodgson remains the club’s prime target to succeed Rafael Benítez, who has agreed the terms of a three-year contract to become the coach of Inter Milan, the European champions. However, sources insist that Liverpool have not yet made a formal approach to Fulham as they continue to weigh up the merits of a number of contenders.

The possibility of Dalglish being considered for the role has not been ruled out but he would have to convince the board that he still has what it takes to hold down one of the toughest jobs in English football after a decade out of management.

The claims of Hodgson are considered to be stronger by the Anfield hierarchy, with Christian Purslow, the managing director, particularly impressed by the Fulham manager’s ability to bring stability to clubs and also his statesman-like demeanour, qualities that Purslow feels could be crucial to Liverpool at this juncture.

Hodgson is understood to be keen to embrace the challenge of revitalising a Liverpool team who finished seventh in the Barclays Premier League last season, 23 points behind Chelsea, the champions, but Fulham remain reluctant to part company with the 62-year-old after he guided them to the Europa League final last month.

Liverpool’s determination to take him to Anfield could be crucial, however, and despite their financial difficulties, they would be willing to pay the £2.5 million necessary to trigger the release clause in Hodgson’s contract.

Albert Riera performed a surprise about-turn last night and asked to stay at Liverpool after the departure of Benítez as manager. The winger had a running battle with Benítez last season because he felt that he should have been playing more regularly.

Riera described Benítez’s regime as a “sinking ship” in March, but was forced to backtrack when a proposed move to Spartak Moscow collapsed because of his wage demands. “This was a difficult year for me and for Liverpool,” he said. “Sincerely, if I can, I would like to remain at Liverpool because this club is a top one.”

Riera added that he would also consider a return to Bordeaux, where he played for two years from 2003. “Concerning Bordeaux, I very much would like to return there because I have the feeling that I did not give all in my first time there,” he said.