You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks scuppers two 'perfect fit' offers for Liverpool

Springer

He is playing fucking Poker with our club, bluffing to get the best deal, I think he will give soon, the banks will bend if ALL Reds show their anger. Round the country boycotting of RBS and it's partners, changing your accounts to other banks en-masse and telling them why in no uncertain terms. I know a lot have already done this, myself included.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Emails and letters for the Chancellor and his ministerial team come in the first instance into HM Treasury's Correspondence and Enquiry Unit and then are sent into the Chancellor's Private Office. We aim to reply to all correspondence within 15 working days of receipt.

For information about Freedom of Information request handling please refer to our Freedom of Information section.

To email the Chancellor or the ministerial team, the address is:

ministers@hm-treasury.gov.uk

and to send a letter the address is:

Rt Hon George Osborne MP

Chancellor of the Exchequer

HM Treasury

Horse Guards Road

LONDON SW1A 2HQ

I don't see how publicity forces anything to be honest. This hateful cunt doesn't give a shit.

More to the point it only makes his resolve stronger.

I know it sounds awful but maybe a less confrontational approach with someone like him might have more of an effect.

You only have to sse what is happening with his teams in the US where he is being dragged screaming to sell.

I know most people don't agree but I strongly believe RBS pulling the plug will just make it worse, they'll just go somewhere else prepared to take the risk for a higher interest rate. I think the sale shit is all bullshit to string RBS along as it's probably the best rate they can get.

I know most people don't agree but I strongly believe RBS pulling the plug will just make it worse, they'll just go somewhere else prepared to take the risk for a higher interest rate. I think the sale shit is all bullshit to string RBS along as it's probably the best rate they can get.

Are you allowed to take on loans if you're in administration?

Ok. Now I`m panicing

Are you allowed to take on loans if you're in administration?

We wouldn't be in administration.

Look at the loans the Glazers have on Man U. Some of them are really dodgy at like 15% interest. That’s where Hicks could go.

I think it’s unlikely because crazy loans like that would reduce the value of the club, so Gillett is unlikely to want to go that way.

Depends if you see their business plan as to still make a massive profit from selling the club, or just milk us for another couple of years as we go down the tubes.

We wouldn't be in administration.

Look at the loans the Glazers have on Man U. Some of them are really dodgy at like 15% interest. That’s where Hicks could go.

I think it’s unlikely because crazy loans like that would reduce the value of the club, so Gillett is unlikely to want to go that way.

Depends if you see their business plan as to still make a massive profit from selling the club, or just milk us for another couple of years as we go down the tubes.

This is the way I see it, they've invested nothing, at the moment they'll just get enough to cover outstanding debt. Why not keep it going for a few years living off their expenses and phoney architects fees and did I hear it mentioned they have loaned the club and are charging interest or did I get that mixed up?

they'll still have a saleable club at the end of it and probably make more money, they won't care that we're in the championship.

I'm a glass half empty kind of guy.

David Moores is an idiot (and the rest of the board), but Parry was much worse for me.

If he’d had any vision or ability to do his job at all we wouldn’t have needed the Americans in.

If he had just managed to delegate some responsibility for the commercial side of the club we could have got our revenues up easily, as has been shown by Ayres and Nash. The club could easily have then afforded a new stadium, albeit with maybe a couple of lean years on the transfer front. Instead he sat there and said “well, there’s no guarantee that football will still be popular” all the while sitting on a season ticket waiting list of 10 thousand odd (which probably doesn’t exist, because the club can’t even manage something as simple as that).

Moores just came into money, he wasn’t employed to be a competent executive. Parry was and was about as bad as you could possibly be.

It's from David Maddock in the Daily Mirror, when was the last time he got anything right?

ask Cecil, he'll know the answer to that one

I see Rafa's been removed from both the Senior Club Personnel list and the Staff list on .tv, but D.R. Moores still remains as Hon Life President, strange I thought he resigned some time ago.

Call me cynical but are there really two interested parties or is this just more misinformation coming from their camp to sniff out prospective buyers.

We rarely give much credence if it was related to dodgy transfer dealings so I find it hard to get too excited or too despondent about this bit of news.

David Moores is an idiot (and the rest of the board), but Parry was much worse for me.

If he’d had any vision or ability to do his job at all we wouldn’t have needed the Americans in.

If he had just managed to delegate some responsibility for the commercial side of the club we could have got our revenues up easily, as has been shown by Ayres and Nash. The club could easily have then afforded a new stadium, albeit with maybe a couple of lean years on the transfer front. Instead he sat there and said “well, there’s no guarantee that football will still be popular” all the while sitting on a season ticket waiting list of 10 thousand odd (which probably doesn’t exist, because the club can’t even manage something as simple as that).

Moores just came into money, he wasn’t employed to be a competent executive. Parry was and was about as bad as you could possibly be.

Yep, all that, PLUS, the most important bit. The club was sold to these two bastards because Parry and a lesser extent Moores wanted to sell to them all along.

I can't prove this, so it's all 'allegedly', but the Yank(s) were briefed at every step of the way by Parry all the time that DIC were doing their due dilligence and once it came time to dot the I's and cross the T's there was the Snake Oil seller bang on cue, only this time with Wild Bill Hicock, the partner that he was told to go and find when discussions first took place.

The club was sold to these two because that is what Parry wanted and they swanned in and offered over and above what DIC had offered without doing due dilligence because they knew what their plan was and they knew they were still going to make a fortune whatever happened. If the Club went down the toilet as a consequence, who were they to care? They would have pocketed plenty by that point already.

If those two were hoyed out of club tomorrow and only got back what they 'paid' for the Club, they will still have made about 80m each from syphoning off money here there and everywhere.

Parry and Moores are to blame. You let a Tyrannosaurus into your house, don't be surprised when it fucks shit up and eats your kids, that's what Tyrannosaurs do. Moores is a thick, stuttering cunt, and although ultimately he made the decision, he was guided by Parry who wanted to sell to Gillett as it suited his best interests.