You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy Rumour Mill (Takeover bids, transfer talks etc)

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crouch coming back would be a good shout. He would offer an option we have lacked, and I think he could link up well with Nando. If all the balls played to Crouch are from 40+ yards away, then that would not be clever. Hopefully we won't overlook the fact that Crouch has good feet, and he can link up with Nando perfectly well on the deck too.

As for the Scharner link, I'm not bothered in the slightest. Let's assume Mascherano leaves and Roy just wants to play one holding midfielder, Lucas. Scharner would be decent back up there. He wouldn't expect to play, but he could 'do a job' if called on, as a seasoned pro.

This window is interesting as we really don't klnow what to expect. When it is all said and done, I would be happy if just Mascherano left (plus some squad players), and we kept Stevie and Nando. Then if we added a couple of low cost/free options like Crouch and Scharner, I would take it.

The key to this window is to not fall back too much while we wait for new owners. I will happily take treading water for another window if it meant new owners were coming, but I would genuinely fear for the future if Nando and others are sold and the current owners continue to bluff and bluster.

There was a rumour about Hodgson wanting Carew to Fulham this summer earlier in the spring, he obviously likes his target men.

I`d take Carew over crouch any day of the week though, not sure about his contract situation at Villa.

There was a rumour about Hodgson wanting Carew to Fulham this summer earlier in the spring, he obviously likes his target men.

I`d take Carew over crouch any day of the week though, not sure about his contract situation at Villa.

being a norwegian player, i think i've read in norwegian paper's that his contract is due to expire next summer

Fiorentina, on Insua Hodgson: "I like, but I decide"

10.07.2010 19.40 di Fabrizio Romano

Source: Firenzeviola.it

Fiorentina has targeted for the left lane, Emiliano Insua for Liverpool. The boy is now working with the team he has in his new manager Roy Hodgson, so exclusive 'Radio Blue' has just heard the technical English former Fulham to find out more about the possibility of the operation Insua: "I have worked very with him. I've seen only in the last three or four days and I must say that I like although I can not give a full review. The deal between Liverpool and Fiorentina took place before my arrival. I know there is a dialogue between our leaders and Fiorentina.

I can not say if the boy will start or not and do not know if the deal goes through because I do not leads. To say if I would give the green light to the sale of Insua I must first speak with the company. Am I not the right person to talk about market ", said Hodgson.

Should have made some sort of indication then man. That post was ambiguous so i just had to ask!

the main point was anyhow, that norwegian papers have said that carews contract is due for expiration next summer. VG.no and dagbladet.no, if my memory serves me right, but he claimed to be very happy in villa, it is after all one of the clubs that "big john" has stayed in the longest. In Norway many think of him as a good striker but not always a goalmachine:p (though he did make many this season)

Llandudno. Quaint, quiet place for the retired folks. And our manager, it seems. Wonder if that had been the resort of choice for guys like Mourinho or Loew... Anyway, I hope there's nothing to the Crouch story, he is part of our history and should stay that way.

So we're judging our managers based on their twatty jackets and scarves now, are we. Modern apparel for the modern man, is it?

Fiorentina has targeted for the left lane, Emiliano Insua for Liverpool. The boy is now working with the team he has in his new manager Roy Hodgson, so exclusive 'Radio Blue' has just heard the technical English former Fulham to find out more about the possibility of the operation Insua: "I have worked very with him. I've seen only in the last three or four days and I must say that I like although I can not give a full review. The deal between Liverpool and Fiorentina took place before my arrival. I know there is a dialogue between our leaders and Fiorentina.

I can not say if the boy will start or not and do not know if the deal goes through because I do not leads. To say if I would give the green light to the sale of Insua I must first speak with the company. Am I not the right person to talk about market ", said Hodgson.

That's worrying.

Hopefully the translation is a bit off because it sound like Roy has no control over player sales.

I suspect it's more that he wants to talk to the backroom staff before he decides whether to let the sale go ahead. Hard to say when it's in Babelish but why would he talk about giving it the green light if he had fuck all input? Isn't he saying a price was arranged before he got here but he's not decided if he wants to sell?

Would anyone want Hodgson to have a look at Sami Khedira?

Yeah and not just because of a good w/c he had a really good season in germany would cst about £15-20 million i recon though so masch goes for £30 mill ? buy khedira good deal (if only we got the money from masch sale)

Apologies about the source, but here's an interpretation of that interview from someone who's evidently read the original Italian version:

Roy Hodgson causes Fiorentina delay in pursuit of Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua

Fiorentina are hopeful of concluding a move for Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua, but they are still waiting for the bureaucractic wheels to start turning in England, according to reports in Italy.

Il Giornale della Toscana have revealed that the deal has seen a rapid deceleration because new Reds boss Roy Hodgson is taking a signigicant amount of time evaluating his squad for next season - leaving the Viola a frustrating wait.

Before he decides who should stay or go, Hodgson wants a clear and through inspection of the resources at his disposal before granting freedom for any move in or out of Anfield.

Previous reports from both England and Italy claimed Fiorentina had struck an accord with Liverpool over a cut-price £3.3 million (€4m) deal.

Even if the Premier League club go ahead with the plans to sell Insua, they still need to find a replacement before he can leave, having already seen Fabio Aurelio and Andrea Dossena depart, leaving the cover at left-back minimal.

Football Italia - the Italian football website for English-speaking football fans

Roy Hodgson is impressed with Emiliano Insua, but the Liverpool manager admits “talks with Fiorentina have already started.”

The Viola have been linked with the 21-year-old wing-back for several weeks and it seems negotiations are reaching a key stage.

“I saw him play in the last three days and I like him both as a player and on a personal level,” Hodgson told Radio Blu in Florence.

“However, talks with Fiorentina started before I got here, so I don’t know how advanced they are.

“I cannot say if Insua will stay at Liverpool or not. I’ll have to discuss that with the club.”

The Italian media is confident that Argentine international Insua will join Fiorentina over the summer.

Apologies about the source, but here's an interpretation of that interview from someone who's evidently read the original Italian version:

Roy Hodgson causes Fiorentina delay in pursuit of Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua

Fiorentina are hopeful of concluding a move for Liverpool defender Emiliano Insua, but they are still waiting for the bureaucractic wheels to start turning in England, according to reports in Italy.

Il Giornale della Toscana have revealed that the deal has seen a rapid deceleration because new Reds boss Roy Hodgson is taking a signigicant amount of time evaluating his squad for next season - leaving the Viola a frustrating wait.

Before he decides who should stay or go, Hodgson wants a clear and through inspection of the resources at his disposal before granting freedom for any move in or out of Anfield.

Previous reports from both England and Italy claimed Fiorentina had struck an accord with Liverpool over a cut-price £3.3 million (€4m) deal.

Even if the Premier League club go ahead with the plans to sell Insua, they still need to find a replacement before he can leave, having already seen Fabio Aurelio and Andrea Dossena depart, leaving the cover at left-back minimal.

That sounds alot better than the above version(obviously a translation problem not the posters fault) at least this shows Roy has got a say in who goes and who stays thank fuck wouldn't want say cecil deciding would we