You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hermes

You're right, it is fucked up. Lucky for us then that the Mancs lost two of their best players and replaced them with nothing of note, whilst Chelsea also bought no-one of any great note.

manu had/has a stronger squad than us and chelsea underachieved given the strength of their squad.

You're right, it is fucked up. Lucky for us then that the Mancs lost two of their best players and replaced them with nothing of note, whilst Chelsea also bought no-one of any great note.

Still spent 18million on a left back though. They never added through choice rather than they couldn't.

Mancs are as fucked as we are and I'm pretty sure that was a big thing in the money from the Ronaldo deal not being used.

Yeah there's plenty of those too.

I'm glad you understand that because personally I detest the owners and would prefer nothing than to see them gone, but at the same time I no longer believe Rafa is the right man for the job and think we badly need fresh ideas.

I take it that this time last year, when we were chasing the title, you weren't commenting on the fantastic football and were focussing solely on the owners situation then?

Or is that now only an issue because we're playing poorly?

Not at all, I can't remember exactly what or how often I was posting then but would be surprised if I got too carried away by on the pitch stuff. One thing I can remember saying is that even if we win the league (oh for those days again) it would be tainted by the spectre of The Twats.

Still spent 18million on a left back though. They never added through choice rather than they couldn't.

Mancs are as fucked as we are and I'm pretty sure that was a big thing in the money from the Ronaldo deal not being used.

So? They still didn't add, and we finished above them last season.

Mancs are as fucked as us? The 4 point gap of last season is now 17.

And your point is what!? He was supposed to be a manager capable of winning titles on a budget. Or have you forgotten that?

He's broken the club's transfer record for collymore, which was quoted, no less than 5 times for major signings.

I wasn't making a point, I was disproving yours.

Of course he's breaking club records. The money in the game is mental compared to anytime in the games history.

Point being Evans broke the British transfer record signing Collymore. Rafa has 'only' spent 2/3's of the current British record on players.

So you're saying, despite spending 20m plus on 5 players, these players cant compete with those signed by our opponents, even for British record fees?

Get real, He's been capable of spending enough on players.

I'm not using anything to defend anyone. I'm stating a fuckin' fact. Rafa has had to get money into the club before he can spend over the past 3 transfer windows.

He's not signed players and wanted more but couldn't afford them, he's not been able to afford anyone.

Funny how he managed to spunk 20m quid on both keane and aquilani then.

I think I know why Valencia didnt give him a transfer budget.

I remember last year someone started a thread (here it is: http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/82522-has-benitez-quit.html) and I posted on it saying that I didn't think Rafa would walk away from us and stated that one of the reasons would be that he would miss out on a big pay off. I had all sorts of people calling me all sorts of things and the thread eventually had to be closed.

I still believe that he is too greedy to walk because he will miss out on a big pay off. Anyone else believe that?

Part of the course these days...

Theres only one person that knows this and will ever know this.

I'm glad you understand that because personally I detest the owners and would prefer nothing than to see them gone, but at the same time I no longer believe Rafa is the right man for the job and think we badly need fresh ideas.

Of course I can understand that and I understand people feeling how you do.

But it's hard not to think there are people who feel more strongly about Benitez than the owners when you look at the criticism and vitriol they each get from some people.

I also worry, that by aiming all their arrows at the manager, the message and feeling against the owners is diluted.

I think it's far from a case of Rafa getting an easy ride because of our owner situation, as some have suggested, it's actually the owners getting an easy ride cos of Rafa.

Why has the Mancs anti-Glazer campaign taken off this last year? Surely it's because they have been doing fine on the pitch so they are all united in the same cause?

So you're saying, despite spending 20m plus on 5 players, these players cant compete with those signed by our opponents, even for British record fees?

Get real, He's been capable of spending enough on players.

No, not even close to saying that. All I was saying was that our last 2 managers have had more money to spend that our current one has. In terms of what kinda money is being spent around the game which is the only fair judgement on that kinda thing.

Also I'd love to know who these 5 players that cost 20million plus are. I can only think of 1 that might have cost more than 20 although I'm not sure he even did.

Funny how he managed to spunk 20m quid on both keane and aquilani then.

I think I know why Valencia didnt give him a transfer budget.

The Keane signing was when he had some money although we had at the time 3 people who felt they knew more about football.

Aquilani was bought with the money we sold Alonso for.

At the moment both are direct threats to Liverpool's success, just in different ways. G&H are destroying the fabric of the club and making us a laughing stock off the pitch, Rafa is making us a laughing stock on the pitch, alienating people and driving us into oblivion with his stubborn nature. Just because one thing is killing us doesn't mean you shouldn't tackle the other problem too, it's like saying you shouldn't take your diabetes medicine because you have AIDS.

Of course I can understand that and I understand people feeling how you do.

But it's hard not to think there are people who feel more strongly about Benitez than the owners when you look at the criticism and vitriol they each get from some people.

I also worry, that by aiming all their arrows at the manager, the message and feeling against the owners is diluted.

I think it's far from a case of Rafa getting an easy ride because of our owner situation, as some have suggested, it's actually the owners getting an easy ride cos of Rafa.

Why has the Mancs anti-Glazer campaign taken off this last year? Surely it's because they have been doing fine on the pitch so they are all united in the same cause?

Tell you what I'd love most is for decent investors with a track record of carefully increasing value in businesses they invest in to buy the club and install a new manager. Anything short of that would be a sticking plaster.

I think there's many people on these boards, despite their reluctance to admit it, who choose not to see the wood for the trees because they actually believe what's happening on the pitch right now is more important than what's going on off it.

what the fuck is going on on the pitch is equally as important as all the ownership shit off it

what the fuck is going on on the pitch is equally as important as all the ownership shit off it

It ain't. Changing the owners will give us a chance on the pitch with the same manager. Changing the manager wont give us a chance on the pitch with the same owners.

If you're in charge of a business and one department is failing, do you replace all of the other employees or the manager?

I know what you are saying and I do understand why people want to change the manager but I don't think we are in as bad a way on the pitch as some think.

I think if we can change the owners and buy a couple of quality players in the summer that could lift some of the gloom that is around the place currently. That's not me saying that everyone would change opinions or that everything would be boss, cos it wouldn't be. But it'd deffo be a start.