You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hermes

We've had two atrocious transfer windows, and the worst thing is DESPITE us wasting every penny we had over the past few years, we could have managed well had we actually fucking put Gerrard back into midfield.

This season has been a total abortion, riddled with bad transfers, bad tactics and a bad man manager, strikers we have sold in the past now play for clubs higher than us in the league and that is sad.

Fucks sake.

Yep. We've had 2 atrocious transfer seasons where Rafa was ordered to have a net profit which he cannot use to buy players. Rafa has admitted this himself several times

As for Gerrard in the middle. His goal tally reflects that doesn't it? Well done! He was better at the right, or behind the striker, where he has a free role IMO.

BTW, strikers we sold in the past that you mention now play for clubs richer than us in the transfer market too. Lets not forget that, shall we?

Yep. We've had 2 atrocious transfer seasons where Rafa was ordered to have a net profit which he cannot use to buy players. Rafa has admitted this himself several times

As for Gerrard in the middle. His goal tally reflects that doesn't it? Well done! He was better at the right, or behind the striker, where he has a free role IMO.

BTW, strikers we sold in the past that you mention now play for clubs richer than us in the transfer market too. Lets not forget that, shall we?

Okay, so if he was ordered to have a net profit, why the fuck hasn't he walked yet, why the fuck did he sign a 5 year contract?

It's conjecture and speculation.

Also whats your point, the fact is we had them in the first place and got rid of them for a variety of reasons, and wrongly.

Okay, so if he was ordered to have a net profit, why the fuck hasn't he walked yet, why the fuck did he sign a 5 year contract?

It's conjecture and speculation.

Also whats your point, the fact is we had them in the first place and got rid of them for a variety of reasons, and wrongly.

He hasn't walked because, like Wenger and Fergie, he wants to build long term, and was promised control of the academy and transfers. Not many top clubs will give you this, and definitely Real Madrid wouldn't

I believe Rafa was sold on the idea by the owners to stay on by being able to build from the youth up, like Arsenal and Barcelona does. He has even brought in the scouts and trainers from Barca in hopes of producing such players in the future.

The main thing for this to happen is to have our new stadium. Like at Arsenal, the plan logically would be to give a large enough budget to buy players capable of winning trophies, and young enough to play for years to come, while building the stadium.

After that, the goal would be to produce world class players from the Academy, while it will probably take a decade give or take to pay for the stadium.

Its not conjecture and speculation when its stated in interviews. Its straight from the horse's mouth

We got rid of them (I presume you mean Alonso), because we are broke. He stated clearly that he left for the tax breaks and because Real were building something interesting with the crazy spending.

I bet everything I own, that if Rafa was given crazy money last season, with us buying Villa, Silva, Mata and whoever else you salivate over, Alonso wouldn't have left (presumably given a bumped up contract too).

I think too, that seeing the reality of the situation, there aren't that many billionaires with money to burn. Literally money to burn, because football isn't a money making business if you have to reinvest in players all the time. Its simply unsustainable as a business.

Either put up or shut up, stop coming out with snidey little "look at me i know inside info but i'm not telling" fucking bollocks coz you just look fucking stupid!

Apparently he's more privy to information than we are.

I'm mates with a well known journalist but he doesn't work for NOTW though.

I can't see how anyone can believe he is the right man for the job.

It's nothing short of ridiculous.

Right man for the job? We've had Hiddink, Sven, Scolari and now Ancellotti and Mancini in the league. NONE of them will win the league without billionaire bucks.

Even past winners like Wenger and King Kenny (if he ever returns for us) will never win the league without a billionaire budget.

Simply put, without a realistic budget to win anything, Rafa will be the LAST manager of that calibre we will see in our ranks.

We simply can't keep going like this, competing for players the level Spurs and even the bitters are after.

The only world class players who come to us are the ones who are fans and won't go to our rivals (Torres, and now possibly Kjaer and Turan).

Funny how the mongs flock here as soon as anything negative happens, almost smashing your keyboards to bits trying type "fuck Rafa" the quickest, always the same fucking shower!

As soon as anything happens? So you mean every fucking week. Its not as if people have to wait long is it. Maybe you will find that we are fucking shite and it is always the manager who pays the price for inept team performances. Its the same in every sport and always has been . So why are we any fucking different. He is the one who picks the players and tactics and if it is not working he is the one who should pay the price. If you are happy with watching that fucking CRAP week in week out you are right in backing the manager. Some people have standards and unfortunately you dont seem to have any.

I can't see how anyone can believe he is the right man for the job.

It's nothing short of ridiculous.

Easy. Stop moaning and look at the bigger picture. We have 2 leaches who want to bleed the club dry and you're here trying to make your cock bigger by moaning about Rafa at any opportunity. Get your priorities sorted and look at what is really going on at the club. Yes, you may dislike Rafa but who do you hate more, H&G or Rafa?

I can't be arsed trawling through the thread because the same old shite has been argued again. At the end of the day, lack of cash hasn't been the cause of the shit we've served up repeatedly this season. But if you look at the players that our supposed title rivals buy compared with our trawling the market for freebies and cheapies recently, I can't believe people refuse to even give it the tiniest bit of credence that it's a big hindrance. Just my opinion.

Funny how quiet it was when we beat the likes of portsmouth sunderland and benfica though wasn't it, as soon as anything like today happens you's lot are all trying to out do yourselves to see who can shout "i'm the biggest Rafa hater".. knock yourself out mate.

Why was beating Portsmouth or Sunderland a great achievement?

Some people have very poor standards.

We've spent roughly £6 million net over 2 seasons. That's the financial power you would expect from a team challenging for the title, no?

fuck 'net' spend

his outlay is close to £75m

i am well aware that he his sell to buy - but that does not excuse his choices or how he prioritises which areas need strengthening in my opinion

I bet everything I own, that if Rafa was given crazy money last season, with us buying Villa, Silva, Mata and whoever else you salivate over, Alonso wouldn't have left (presumably given a bumped up contract too).

if Rafa hadn't of hawked him round every club in Europe for £14m in summer 2008 so that he could fund a move for Gareth Barry i bet he wouldn't have left either