You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Guest PurpleNose
What has he won in Europe then?

The same as the bloke you were arguing for. I presume you were talking about European competition.

Rather than making a pathetically ignorant dismissal of the trophies he has won in South America.

The same as the bloke you were arguing for. I presume you were talking about European competition.

Rather than making a pathetically ignorant dismissal of the trophies he has won in South America.

I think getting across the finishing line is very important and at least Deschamps and Rojkaard have done that in Europe.

Agree to disagree on this one.

To be fair, he could have made those comments last week and theyve just been dragged up again, who knows.

Good point, and given the quote "I am not there for just one year. A coach must be there for the long haul" and the fact he left Juve (albeit in somewhat acrimonious circumstances) after one year surely means he's not averse to moving onto pastures new. However, when you look at how confident the Marseille president was, i'd say it's a no-go anyway.

I think its encouraging that we seem to be in Discussions about Deschamps and Rijkaard which would happen if the club is sold and in the meantime were looking at the cheap option of Pellegrini and It

As I said the longer it goes without a manager being appointed the more hope for the future.

Guest PurpleNose
I think its encouraging that we seem to be in Discussions about Deschamps and Rijkaard which would happen if the club is sold and in the meantime were looking at the cheap option of Pellegrini and It

As I said the longer it goes without a manager being appointed the more hope for the future.

You know what wages they'd demand Nick?

Made up if Pellegrini is a cheaper option, because he's a better football manager than Deschamps and Rijkaard.

Yanks aren't going anywhere soon.

Who is It?

Deschamps: "Sign me in time"

Published Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 4:03 p.m.

The OM will renew with practice Monday. Arriving in the summer of 2009, Didier Deschamps will begin its second season in charge of the club Marseille. Under contract until June 2011, the French coach will extend there? "We have discussions," he replied, joined by La Provence.

If it has not yet formally decided to continue his experience Olympian beyond two years of his contract, the 1998 world champion and Europe 2000, which would be in the sights of Liverpool, however, assures: "I am to OM. I'm not here to hit. A coach must be sustainable and it is my wish.

Read the full interview of the coach on Monday in Marseille Provence Sports.

La Provence | Actualités OM Festival Tourisme Politique Marseille Aix Avignon Vaucluse Alpes

Since Rafa went the press have reported :

Gerrard is leaving.

Torres is leaving.

Benayoun is leaving.

Insua is leaving.

Macherano is leaving.

Babel is leaving.

Riera is leaving.

Kuyt is leaving.

Since I have read reports saying Hodgson is definitely the next manager it has been reported we have approached Rijkaard and Deschamps. We also turned down Pellegrini since we made our minds up about Hodgson. Apparently.

Imo, no one knows what is going on and they are just flinging names around and hoping one sticks. The mirror were talking about Rafas transfer budget 2 days before he left!

Thats not to mention all the supposed 'new owners' we can soon expect.

I am hoping things are being done the way they should; behind closed doors and with no leaks to the press. The longer this goes on the more optimistic of appointing someone decent I am.

Deschamps: "Sign me in time"

Published Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 4:03 p.m.

The OM will renew with practice Monday. Arriving in the summer of 2009, Didier Deschamps will begin its second season in charge of the club Marseille. Under contract until June 2011, the French coach will extend there? "We have discussions," he replied, joined by La Provence.

If it has not yet formally decided to continue his experience Olympian beyond two years of his contract, the 1998 world champion and Europe 2000, which would be in the sights of Liverpool, however, assures: "I am to OM. I'm not here to hit. A coach must be sustainable and it is my wish.

Read the full interview of the coach on Monday in Marseille Provence Sports.

La Provence | Actualités OM Festival Tourisme Politique Marseille Aix Avignon Vaucluse Alpes

UsualFenster1.jpg

"In English, please"

I am hoping things are being done the way they should; behind closed doors and with no leaks to the press. The longer this goes on the more optimistic of appointing someone decent I am.

Can't see any of that happening with our current board, unfortunately.

Can't see any of that happening with our current board, unfortunately.

I don't hold much hope, but if we are going to appoint Hodgson I don't see there being any problems getting it done quick, so if it isn't done by early next week then hopefully we are getting someone else.

Liverpool snub Rafa Benitez over £25m Javier Mascherano with Barcelona preparing to pounce

By Joe Bernstein

Last updated at 10:11 PM on 26th June 2010

* Comments (0)

* Add to My Stories

Javier Mascherano

In demand: Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano

Liverpool plan to take revenge on Rafa Benitez by selling Argentina captain Javier Mascherano to Barcelona instead of Inter Milan, their former boss’s new club.

On the day Liverpool were linked with French World Cup-winning captain Didier Deschamps to fill the managerial vacancy for which Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is still favourite, Barcelona emerged as the club most likely to sign Mascherano for £25million.

The Spanish champions will fund the deal by selling Yaya Toure to Manchester City for £25m.

The news will be received badly by Benitez, who signed Mascherano for Liverpool in 2008. He wanted the player at the San Siro but will instead pay for falling out with the Liverpool hierarchy before he left for Italy.

Mascherano, who has wanted to move for 12 months, refused to sign a new contract and continued off-field unrest will not persuade him to change his mind.

Liverpool’s pursuit of Hodgson has not been finalised and defeat for England today may mean the Fulham boss might prefer to become a candidate to succeed Fabio Capello should the Italian move on.

Approach: Liverpool have ear-marked Didier Deschamps as a potential replacement for Rafa Benitez

Come and get me: Mascherano is keen on working with Benitez again at Inter

Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow sounded out Marseille to find out if they would allow boss Deschamps to speak about a possible move.

The French club’s president, Jean-Claude Dassier, revealed: ‘I kindly indicated to him there wasn’t the slightest chance to pinch our coach. Even in his dreams.

'We have a trusting relationship with Didier. I’m not worried but it’s also true he is flattered to see a great European club interested in him.’

Uncertainty at Liverpool has increased, with owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett in talks to sell the club to an unnamed party from the Middle East.

The asking price has dropped to about £560m from an original valuation of £800m and the new owners are likely to target Guus Hiddink if the manager’s post has not been filled.

Thats the first ive seen of any newspaper go with this rumour yet. Is something happening after all.

Pellegrini appeals as does Deschamps for different reasons.

Roy Hodgson becomes less appealing everytime we are linked with somebody else. If he is deemed a better option than Dalglish, Deschamps and Pellegrini the majority of fans are clearly missing something.

Hodgson was going to be confirmed within 48hrs about 200hrs ago.

Noone is telling them fuck all and they are guessing.

I recon there is going to be a massive shuffle depending upon takeover and world cup results.

If England get twatted today Cappello may walk and Roy fancies it.

If we have new owners completing they may want nothing done till everything is sorted. Broughton may have been brought in to complete a successful takeover rather than look for buyers.

Hodgson was going to be confirmed within 48hrs about 200hrs ago.

Noone is telling them fuck all and they are guessing.

I recon there is going to be a massive shuffle depending upon takeover and world cup results.

If England get twatted today Cappello may walk and Roy fancies it.

If we have new owners completing they may want nothing done till everything is sorted. Broughton may have been brought in to complete a successful takeover rather than look for buyers.

True but your guessing too...

The players who are not in SA go back to training on Friday, have the club even said sammy will be caretaker? I seem to recall them saying fuvk all.

whens the Uefa cup draw,we could well be scratching for players for that game,need the new man in soon as he needs to asses the squad,certain players not going to be played in a euro qualifier and screw up moves in case they leave

whens the Uefa cup draw,we could well be scratching for players for that game,need the new man in soon as he needs to asses the squad,certain players not going to be played in a euro qualifier and screw up moves in case they leave

Draw is 16th July, our first game is 29th July.