You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

He was being manoeuvred out three months into the season. Working conditions were impossible for Benitez.

He was also manoeuvring himself out three months into the season. He no longer wanted to stay. I can understand it, but it's no use presenting him as a hapless and passive victim - a martyr - in this sorry mess.

I also think Pellegrini wasn't interested in either the salary or the conditions, so again can people kindly stop saying that Roy is getting the nod - allegedly - above him. He seemingly wants to stay in Spain or go back to Chile to manage the national team.

Surprised we met with O'Neill though. And McLeish.

Just wondering, if this potential appointment of Hodgson is splitting the fans so much, then in 6 months time will it be for the best if he goes, you know so that the fans can be in harmony again?

not really splitting the fans so much though when only 6% want him in anyway

I think most people will support el Buho if he does get given the job. Certainly if he seems to be doing a good job. But as he won’t be a popular appointment, as soon as shit goes wrong, i.e. Torres or Gerrard sold, dodgy substitutions, couple of defeats, the usual honeymoon period will be gone quick as a flash. Pandora’s box was opened on Rafa and if the bible’s taught us anything, it’s that people will be spouting vituperative shit on the internet.

Look on the brightside!

A boycott should be a lot easier to organise, mind you, you will have to be quick not sure it would be that noticible in a few months time!

Fucking hell, its come to this Roy Hodgson, but at least he is english which should please a few Liverpool fans at least.

I have got to the stage of wanting NOBODY to take the job - saying they need the ownership issue sorted first - to put more pressure on the twats to sell. The new manager - whoever he is cannot do anything...he is there to balance the books and keep us in the Premier League. We will not be competing and at least the boycott should be easier to organise when we are mid-table. :(

Yes man being brought in by the stoges so they can give him fuck all to spend and lower the

its going to be a long season of more dire football.

The press made him out to be getting Fulham playing well,rubbish they played well a couple of games against bigger sides and then played to there level against most other sides.

Is this a inspiring record fro both results and good football

P 22 W 9,D 6,L 7,F 26,A 22. PTS 33 PPG 1.5

Goals for 1.18 per game, Against 1

A Portsmouth - Won 0-1

H Everton Won 2-1

A Wolves - Lost 2-1

A West Ham United draw 2-2

A Wigan - Draw 1-1

A Birmingham Lost 1-0

H Blackburn W 3-0

H Bolton draw 1-1

H sunderland W 1-0

A Burnley Draw 1-1

A Stoke L 3-2

A Blackburn L 2-0

H Portsmouth W 1-0

A Bolton Draw 0-0

Burnley W 3-0

H Birmingham W 2-1

A Sunderland D 0-0

A Hull l 2-0

H Wigan W 2-1

H Wolves D 0-0

A Everton L 2-1

H west Han W 3-2

H Stoke L 0-1

Fulhams results against teams outside the top 7,last season

And you know that criticism from the Media last year? The one about being deluded in your support for the manager, the one that ridiculed the loyalty as being misplaced?

Well that is going to be used against us, by those same twats, I can see the snide reports already, 'A club that used to pride itself on its loyalty'

Is this a inspiring record fro both results and good football

P 22 W 9,D 6,L 7,F 26,A 22. PTS 33 PPG 1.5

Goals for 1.18 per game, Against 1

A Portsmouth - Won 0-1

H Everton Won 2-1

A Wolves - Lost 2-1

A West Ham United draw 2-2

A Wigan - Draw 1-1

A Birmingham Lost 1-0

H Blackburn W 3-0

H Bolton draw 1-1

H sunderland W 1-0

A Burnley Draw 1-1

A Stoke L 3-2

A Blackburn L 2-0

H Portsmouth W 1-0

A Bolton Draw 0-0

Burnley W 3-0

H Birmingham W 2-1

A Sunderland D 0-0

A Hull l 2-0

H Wigan W 2-1

H Wolves D 0-0

A Everton L 2-1

H west Han W 3-2

H Stoke L 0-1

Fulhams results against teams outside the top 7,last season

Do you expect Fulham to achieve better results than that?

Do you expect Fulham to achieve better results than that?

With a manager in charge who is supposed to improve us, absolutely.

Anyway, if Dalglish is not appointed, I want Loew in charge. The only manager in the World Cup that has really impressed me.

Its not exactly the free flowing football that people make out he plays is it.

The team avg 1.18 goal a game,anything in them results shos he is good enough for what we need,other than hell keep his mouth shut while the owners continue the club race to bankruptcy,the man did it too his local team so there little doubt hed be happy to do the same too us

Best case scenario

Hodgson gets the money from Masch and a few fringe players, manages to keep the rest, doesn't waste ANY of the money and we get 3rd/4th and maybe a cup run. Club gets sold within the next 12 months

Worst case scenario

Hodgson gets 25% of the money and wastes it on rubbish. Torres and Gerrard leave. Finish in a lower position than this season. Club still for sale. Rest of the half decent players leave. My willy falls off.

Who makes that out? I'd like to meet that person and get them into a straitjacket as quickly as possible.

Thats all i heard in the press and the pundits last year,how Hodgson has Fulham playing good football

Its a load of shite

With a manager in charge who is supposed to improve us, absolutely.

Anyway, if Dalglish is not appointed, I want Loew in charge. The only manager in the World Cup that has really impressed me.

There is only so far that you can take a side that contains players like Zamora, Pantsil and Konchesky all of which were deemed not good enough for West Ham. I would suggest that since taking over as Manager in Dec '07 avoiding relegation that season, and then taking Fulham to 7th in the Premiership and a Uefa cup final is as about as good as it will ever get for Fulham FC and is a great achievement.

Managing Liverpool is a totally different ball game of course, but so too is having players of the calibre of Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Gerrard, Torres and Kuyt at your disposal.

Roy Hodgson wouldn't be my first choice to become the next Liverpool Manager and I would have liked to have seen Kenny Dalglish take charge if category A managers like Guus Hiddink etc are out of our range at present.

However, I do rate Hodgson as a coach and admire the work that he has done at international level with Switzerland, and at club level in Serie A with Inter Milan and the Premiership with Fulham.

Hodgson is a good man-manager who is tactically astute, and has improved all of the sides that he has managed (The only blot on his CV, which probably denied him the opportunity to manage England earlier in his career, was his time in charge at Ewood Park. However, Blackburn did finish 6th & qualify for the Uefa cup in his first season in charge in 1997-1998, but fell away badly the following season and were relegated after Hodgson was sacked in November).

If we can retain a spine of Reina, Carragher, Gerrard and Torres, and he can wheel and deal in the transfer market spending any money generated from sales wisely then there is no reason why we cannot finish in the top 4 and possibly win a domestic or European trophy.

That would represent progress and success in the present situation.

There is only so far that you can take a side that contains players like Zamora, Pantsil and Konchesky all of which were deemed not good enough for West Ham. I would suggest that since taking over as Manager in Dec '07 avoiding relegation that season, and then taking Fulham to 7th in the Premiership and a Uefa cup final is as about as good as it will ever get for Fulham FC and is a great achievement.

Managing Liverpool is a totally different ball game of course, but so too is having players of the calibre of Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Gerrard, Torres and Kuyt at your disposal.

Roy Hodgson wouldn't be my first choice to become the next Liverpool Manager and I would have liked to have seen Kenny Dalglish take charge if category A managers like Guus Hiddink etc are out of our range at present.

However, I do rate Hodgson as a coach and admire the work that he has done at international level with Switzerland, and at club level in Serie A with Inter Milan and the Premiership with Fulham.

Hodgson is a good man-manager who is tactically astute, and has improved all of the sides that he has managed (The only blot on his CV, which probably denied him the opportunity to manage England earlier in his career, was his time in charge at Ewood Park. However, Blackburn did finish 6th & qualify for the Uefa cup in his first season in charge in 1997-1998, but fell away badly the following season and were relegated after Hodgson was sacked in November).

If we can retain a spine of Reina, Carragher, Gerrard and Torres, and he can wheel and deal in the transfer market spending any money generated from sales wisely then there is no reason why we cannot finish in the top 4 and possibly win a domestic or European trophy.

That would represent progress and success in the present situation.

Very good post that mate, would rep if I could.