You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mendoza

1 hour ago, Mook said:

You think he should get the jail for that slap then?

It’s more that the slap is the straw that broke the camels back after some of his music, films and not to mention encouraging his son to do the same.

but yes, jail time would teach him a lesson about bitch slapping.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

So, to conclude, a group of thoroughly unpleasant people were thoroughly unpleasant to each other, in front of other thoroughly unpleasant people, at an award ceremony run by thoroughly unpleasant people, and none of us thoroughly unpleasant GFrs are really arsed.

Nailed on

16 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

So instead of a few people momentarily registering Jada Pinkett-Smith's alopoecia, the whole world is going to be discussing it for the next two weeks.

He's written the second line of her obituary. Nice one.

Needs the MiB’s to do a massive flash thing. 

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think he laughed before his brain worked out what the joke was. The camera was on him, and he's expected to react. We've all done similar, instinctively laughing at something before it really registers.

Then he clocked his wife had a face like thunder and realised he had to do something or his life wouldn't be worth living. He walked up to Rock with the conviction of a man thinking "fuck, I've committed now, maybe a slap will do?"

You mean he found himself between a rock and a hard place?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Will might have been a bit more protect over his wife when she was banging someone else.

Open marriages aye!

I don't know why I feel so strongly about this incident, but my natural reaction is to go on the defensive here. No idea why, I don't know the fucker or particularly give a shit about any of his work. I only know about the thing that happened between his wife and that rapper when their marriage was 'on a break' (-- Ross, Friends, 1995-ish) and how he reacted during that red table interview. Will Smith seems like a pretty decent guy to me. Probably a cunt, but him slapping Rock in front of 10s of millions of people... fuck it, ballsy. 

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of what happened, I don't really see what the Smiths' open marriage has to do with Chris Rock taking the piss out of Mrs Smith's medical problem. Seen quite a few people referencing it and I don't understand the relevance to this.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Strontium said:

I don't really see what the Smiths' open marriage has to do with Chris Rock taking the piss out of Mrs Smith's medical problem.

And even if he was 'cheated on' as some have said, how that means he's anything but the victim. I dunno, this whole imbroglio is starting to fucking annoy me. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of what happened, I don't really see what the Smiths' open marriage has to do with Chris Rock taking the piss out of Mrs Smith's medical problem. Seen quite a few people referencing it and I don't understand the relevance to this.

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I don't know why I feel so strongly about this incident, but my natural reaction is to go on the defensive here. No idea why, I don't know the fucker or particularly give a shit about any of his work. I only know about the thing that happened between his wife and that rapper when their marriage was 'on a break' (-- Ross, Friends, 1995-ish) and how he reacted during that red table interview. Will Smith seems like a pretty decent guy to me. Probably a cunt, but him slapping Rock in front of 10s of millions of people... fuck it, ballsy. 

Might just be me but I would be more upset over her boinging the R&B singer but he obviously agreed to an open marriage and fuck knows what he has done too.

The joke was in poor taste but not the worst we have all heard, he reacted because of her face like thunder or he wasn’t listening properly and going through the motions.

Hair loss is awful but there are far worse things.

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

And even if he was 'cheated on' as some have said, how that means he's anything but the victim. I dunno, this whole imbroglio is starting to fucking annoy me. 

I think it's been blown up out of all proportion. If he'd slapped him at an afterparty it would have been a footnote to proceedings. But because it happened on the biggest stage, literally, the world and his wife wants to have their say.

Hair loss is a brutal thing for woman to suffer from, I've seen it first hand when the missus had a bout of dermatitis that spread to her scalp; fortunately in her case she hid it well, and the patches grew back eventually, but just imagining some bloke getting into his bully pulpit and ripping the shit out of her for it? Well, let's just say I can completely understand why Will was so incensed.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I think it's been blown up out of all proportion. If he'd slapped him at an afterparty it would have been a footnote to proceedings. But because it happened on the biggest stage, literally, the world and his wife wants to have their say.

Hair loss is a brutal thing for woman to suffer from, I've seen it first hand when the missus had a bout of dermatitis that spread to her scalp; fortunately in her case she hid it well, and the patches grew back eventually, but just imagining some bloke getting into his bully pulpit and ripping the shit out of her for it? Well, let's just say I can completely understand why Will was so incensed.

20 or 30 years ago, this would be the expected response from a man. I think people are freaking out that a man was acting like a man instead of taking it on the chin. In what fuckin' way is it appropriate at award parties, instead of celebrating talent and bringing people together for the love of the subject, to actually make jokes about people's appearance? I think this will be a turning point with all that bollocks. 

• Upvote 1