You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More info...

Jon Venables 'returned to Liverpool for drug-fuelled nights out' - Telegraph

The 27-year-old allegedly drank cider and snorted cocaine in several of Liverpool’s popular nightclubs, despite licence conditions banning him from returning to the city without permission from his parole officer.

He is also said to have slipped into Goodison Park stadium to watch Everton matches wearing a team shirt.

Venables and Robert Thompson abducted Bulger from the New Strand shopping centre in Bootle, Merseyside, in February 1993, when they were both 10.

They bludgeoned the toddler to death on a railway line close to their homes in Walton, and became the youngest people to be convicted of murder and jailed in English criminal history.

The pair were given new identities and released from custody in 2001, but Venables is now back in prison after breaching the terms of their parole.

He has reportedly become a regular user of ecstasy and cocaine in the eight years since his initial release, and has allegedly become prone to violent outbursts of temper.

The killer has frequented clubs and bars in Liverpool including Krazy House, The Funky Box, Bar Fly and Walkabout, sources have told The Daily Mirror.

Cloaked under his new identity, he regularly drank eight pints of Strongbow cider as well as Cheeky Vimtos – a potent combination of the alcopop WKD and two shots of port – it has been claimed.

Venables also allegedly took ecstasy and snorted cocaine and kitty – also known as methadrone or MCAT – on his nights out in the city.

Sources said he often left his friends to wander the streets of Liverpool at night – waiting alone at the station for the first train home in the morning.

But they insisted he had never returned to Bootle – the district of Liverpool where he and Thompson abducted Bulger from a crowded shopping centre.

The 27-year-old is said to have attempted to flirt with women in bars and nightclubs, but to have difficulty forming long term relationships.

Calls are growing for the reason for his recall to be disclosed, amid reports that his fellow prisoners have already worked out his true identity.

Venables is being kept under constant observation in isolation for his own protection, according to The S--

Governors at the prison where he is being held, which cannot be reported for legal reasons, have confirmed his status to staff as “high risk” and refused to deny his identity, it has been reported.

Not surprising he's gone off the rails. How can you ever live with yourself after doing something like that?

Stu- what I am saying is- can the liberal person (in this instance SD & Maybe you) really if that was you in that situation honestly control your emotions and want that person rehabilitated??? Would you honestly want to see him back in the community after he has for example murdered your only child and not shown any remorse? Or would you wanna get all fucking mad on his ass and hurt him?

If you SD (or anybody for that) could honestly say that they could control their emotions and really want this person rehabilitated and back in the community- then hats off to you!

The victims family are bound to be upset and angry, I just get wound up by the hypocrisy and double standards of the moral outrage we see from our so called press when these things occur.

Pictures of semi naked teenagers in schoolgirl outfits, next to articles on rapes rapes or a paedophile being on the lose. They see no connection and cause.

What Venables and Thompson did was awful, no doubts, but they were 10 and Id expect to see a society looking to reasons and understanding, rather than be a baying mob.

Lack of parenting, alcholism of the parents, drugs, violence all these are typical in the background of such cases, the lad who killed Anthony Walker, Venables and Thompsons or the brothers from Addlington.

it doesnt make it right, but Id expect a free press in a democratic country to be educating and leading us to find ways to counter it. In this and those other cases, we'd help society aas a whole is we was less emphaiss on Sex, violence and alcohol, more on the values that we all say we aspire to yet when putting together a paper, the powers that be never seem to manager to deliver from this viewpoint.

More info...

Jon Venables 'returned to Liverpool for drug-fuelled nights out' - Telegraph

Not surprising he's gone off the rails. How can you ever live with yourself after doing something like that?

So he did what most normal other 20 something men do ? Again the moral outrage at someone acting like his peers and society around them.

How many people on this forum have drunk 8 pints and used the odd recreational drug ?

Maybe people dont like to acknowledge the society we are creating and have created, but that, his recent actions, is mirrored across the country, every weekend.

instead of the baying mob, maybe some should look at themselves to see how we live and how we shape the society around us.

So he did what most normal other 20 something men do ? Again the moral outrage at someone acting like his peers and society around them.

How many people on this forum have drunk 8 pints and used the odd recreational drug ?

Maybe people dont like to acknowledge the society we are creating and have created, but that, his recent actions, is mirrored across the country, every weekend.

instead of the baying mob, maybe some should look at themselves to see how we live and how we shape the society around us.

How many people on this forum have killed a 2 year old?

yes he did something that most other normal 20 soemthing men do..

But and its a HUGE fucking but - he is not most 20 something men. He is 20 something man on probation and not just probation for any old shop lifting / house burgling crime either..HE IS ON PROBATION FOR MURDER.

The rules of his probation are there for a reason and he has breeched them - it wouldnt have mattered if he was just taking his dog for a walk the rules are the rules.

His right to act like his peers has been restricted and his inability to stick to the rules is cause of the outrage..he was given the oportunity to prove himself and prove that he could be trusted to act in an approprite manner and he hasnt done that.

Its his own fault and I for one have no sympathy for him.

Its fuck all to do with his doing what most 20 something's do its the fact he's been back to Liverpool when he was told not to.

Once a loon always a loon.

I'm suprised about the Everton thing, he used to support Liverpool in school. He had a full kit but it was one of those kits in a box and he got ribboned for it.

Agenda? your the one who jumps in feet first as soon as a thread starts about Jamie Bulger, it's as though you can't wait to start spouting your liberal bollocks

Yeah, god forbid people use liberal bollocks like "reason" and "understanding" when these things happen, eh? Let's just string them all up, we won't ever have to worry about taxing that fleshy thing between our ears ever again.

oh and as for using words like jejune, do fuck off you pretentious cunt, when you start getting wound up you love using your big words.

Jejune is 6 letters long you ignorant bastard! Under whose definition is that a "big word"?

If you don't understand what it means, tough shit. I won't apologise for having had an education.

How many people on this forum have killed a 2 year old?

yes he did something that most other normal 20 soemthing men do..

But and its a HUGE fucking but - he is not most 20 something men. He is 20 something man on probation and not just probation for any old shop lifting / house burgling crime either..HE IS ON PROBATION FOR MURDER.

The rules of his probation are there for a reason and he has breeched them - it wouldnt have mattered if he was just taking his dog for a walk the rules are the rules.

His right to act like his peers has been restricted and his inability to stick to the rules is cause of the outrage..he was given the oportunity to prove himself and prove that he could be trusted to act in an approprite manner and he hasnt done that.

Its his own fault and I for one have no sympathy for him.

Im not saying what he did was right or that he is just like any other 20 something, nor am i saying what should happen, I really dont know on this, its a difficult situation. I am simply saying that I am disappointed, again, in our media, in that they are unable to paint anything other than a hysteria, moral outrage position.

Isnt it ironic, that he is being portrayed as an awful person, a waster who should never have been let out because he drinks, uses drugs and has resorted to violence when it is the use of those three things, by his parents, that probably led him, Anthony Walkers killer, the addlington brothers to commit the crime int eh first place. Where is the media spotlight on the causes of these incidents ?

Even more hypocritical is the fact that by the sounds of it, his rehabilitation into society has gone so well, that he does pills, charlie and drinks too much. Isnt that what the vast majority of young males do on a weekend night out ? Seems to me he's been integrated and rehabbed superbly. yet teh press choose to frown on it. How many outrages readers from Henley, who read the Mail today will tut tut over their morning tea and toast, while their own sons are sorting out a g and a couple of little uns for their night out ?

the media are powerful in any society and they have a responsibility to ask questions and provoke discussion about why and the causes, not just fall to the lowest common denominator and act as a mouthpiece for the baying mob.

I can confirm he was a red in school.

As for this whole thing, it seems fucked up to me that he could be a mornings train journey away from Liverpool.

Surely putting him down south or in Scotland would of made more sense?

He's been taking a massive risk, imagine if he got recognised in town on a saturday night?

He's supposed to have long black hair now i've been informed by a reliable source, my mate Phil.

If he has went to see his favourite side play then it's a massive kick in the teeth for the Bulger family.

FWIW I reckon they've got him in Walton Nick. Anyone his age with a hint of a scouse accent is fucking done for.

Best put him in where he doesn't stand out

I'm not quite understanding if this was because he was out on the piss, or out on the piss in Liverpool? It does seem foolhardy of him to come back to Merseyside after the authorities have spent a small fortune creating a new identity to protect him.

I chased down some crews, guys just looking to fuck up and get busted back.

Well here's a slight tester of the veracity of the newspaper reports: he went watching his favourite football team. Picture the editorial meeting: "Ok, lads, we've got a one in two stab at this. Red or blue?"

(Personally I believe Walton.)

Just because they put "detail" in doesn't make them right. "He was last in Liverpool wearing blue jeans, white Nike training shoes, and a dark navy blue jacket."

Sounds better than "He went to Liverpool."

The thing is, I just made it up. Like these newspapers.

Go to any pub on a Friday, and you'll talk to someone who knows someone who knows someone who said....