You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

22 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Not played any cricket game for years, apart from the various iPhone ones. Decided to grab this cheap and chucked a couple more PS3 games in. Arrives next week. 

5FF9E431-1F87-4896-9555-C2B4D1463481.jpeg

There are five difficulty levels. Rookie, Amateur, Pro, Veteran, Legend.

I recommend going to straight Pro. I didn't actually notice any difference between Rookie and Amateur anyway, but you'll learn nothing at those two levels. Footwork seems irrelevant, for example.

I've been quite impressed with the game having not expected much from it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elden Ring - it's a 10/10. Found the first few of hours quite slow, even with the horse. But think that was partly down to me expecting it to be Breath of the Wild, it just doesn't have the same variety on offer, so the encounters get a bit repetitive, if they are there at all. The open world is very much oriented around the main paths and landmarks. Exploration does pay off, but not always, so if it's dragging you can just push on and find something more substantial.

The first big castle is some of the best design they've ever had. So many ways to explore and some real shocks in the mix. Beaten the first big boss out of four, assuming the end game starts after you clear them.

Also getting the bloodhound fang (really fun fight) really opened the game up. Riding around singing the Bad Touch and wrecking shop. Great times.

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm badly shite at elden ring.

I highly, highly recommend going with the astrologer (mage) class. I spent over 6 hrs persevering with the samurai class and was getting pummelled. Restarted with the astrologer and have beaten 4 mini bosses and have found it a much easier ride. I have got platinum on all DS games; Bloodborne & Sekiro. This is another level of difficulty.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Just started Elden Ring, no clue what I'm meant to be doing.

Any beginners tips?

Just killed some bats and then got twatted by some huge cunt on a horse 

Yeah, pretty sure the horse guy is there to teach you to pick your battles. I still haven't beaten him.

There are a bunch of videos out there worth looking at (seen one from VaadiVidya on youtube which is a good breakdown of the fighting system - whole vid is a bit long winded, but that bit is a good breakdown).

One of the main things I'd say is that the game is set up to be tough, but that doesn't mean shifting the odds to your benefit is cheating. Used ranged weapons to draw individual enemies out of groups and use summons (once levelling up is open to you, you should revisit the Church by the start at night and rest, an NPC will appear and give you the ability to summon spirits) for boss fights to split their attention. 

If you're unsure, or don't know an area, put your shield up and use the camera to check blind corners.

edit: also, when you find a weapon you enjoy, check how it scales. Levelling up your strength if you like a strength weapon means you'll get bonus damage. As you improve a weapon, it'll scale better as well. 

In terms of your character, try working towards level 20 in vigour, endurance and a damage stat (strength, dexterity or faith/intelligence if you want to use magic) at first.

Golden Seeds and Sacred Tears are flask upgrades, really important you apply them at a site of grace to get the benefit. I totally missed what the tears were at first and was making it hard for myself.

Even if it's not just how you want to play, magic makes a big impact in this game, try experimenting with it. 

Finally, smash the glowing skulls that are lying around and pick up the runes they drop. 200 runes a go and they seem to come back. Use the item (golden rune) to get the value, don't use them all at once as they are safe in your inventory, I tend to use them to buy items, or top up my total to get a level before facing a boss. 

• Upvote 2

Been playing FIFA 22 on the Stadia. No FUT, just single player career. 

I’ve only added GreaseMan up front, but the midfield has been gutted. Bombed out Henderson, Ox & Thiago. Currently rotating Fabinho, Bellingham, Pogba (I know), Locatelli, Keita and the young German wonder kid, Wurtz. Jones & Elliot both out on loan at PL teams. 

Hopefully in the summer I’ll be ditching Firmino and buying Mbappe or Haaland. Then onto World Domination. Just been given the Spain job as well. 

I started my career before we signed Luis Diaz in real life and he’s ended up at Leicester in my game, the little prick. I might try and sign him too. 

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Absolutely loving Elden Ring now, not got very far and keep getting my arse handed to me but it's brilliant. 

Same. I'm taking it very slow, still wandering about the first area really, getting to grips with it all. Really liking the summons mechanic.

44 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I killed the cunt. Jumped on a roof that he couldn't get on, set some wolves on him and blew wizard spells at him. Got  big halbard for it that's too heavy to carry.

That's what I plan to do. I thought I could cheese him by getting a hit in and running away to the church, but the big fucker knocked down the walls and mullered me.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Did you fellas farm runes early on to level up?

I can do that first little ruins area but every time I venture further I get killed constantly.

Not too much, but I did give those other horse pricks a wide berth at the beginning too.  I did go and explore south before trying to take on the gate, which was a tough fight.

If you go to the cliff side to the north of the church there are a couple of mini dungeons, a couple of good bosses to go against. 

I've hit a bit with some enemies that genuinely made me feel a bit ill... horrible design. Was worried I was over-levelled, but have had to leave a few bosses for later again. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Been playing FIFA 22 on the Stadia. No FUT, just single player career. 

I’ve only added GreaseMan up front, but the midfield has been gutted. Bombed out Henderson, Ox & Thiago. Currently rotating Fabinho, Bellingham, Pogba (I know), Locatelli, Keita and the young German wonder kid, Wurtz. Jones & Elliot both out on loan at PL teams. 

Hopefully in the summer I’ll be ditching Firmino and buying Mbappe or Haaland. Then onto World Domination. Just been given the Spain job as well. 

I started my career before we signed Luis Diaz in real life and he’s ended up at Leicester in my game, the little prick. I might try and sign him too. 

what difficulty level do you go on?

There's a really easy way to get 76k runes (90k if you have a chicken's foot) early doors. I don't think it's a glitch, it just takes a bit of exploring to find it. 

Have to go to the north east side of the map where the dragons are in Caelid. A bit of sneaking around to the tail of the big fuck off dragon and then start hacking away. With blood loss on the weapon it'll take around 15/20 minutes. Without it it's an hour.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Total Longo said:

what difficulty level do you go on?

World Class. I was always a PES guy and I haven’t had one of them for a good few years but I still know how to play footy games. I had one game on Semi-Pro and one on Professional but realised pretty quickly that all you had to do was give it to Salah and run on those levels. 

For now at least, I’m still struggling to get to grips with the defending on World Class.