You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jose Mourinho banned and fined over 'handcuffs' gesture

JohnnyH

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if Benitez goes to Juventus in the summer, the only man you would want is Capello? He is the only one? Phaa.

He is the only one out there i would want by choice. It doesn't mean i wouldn't accept others, it is opinion after all.

Who is out there? Will they stick around, will they put up with the owners?

Benitez had us playing some of the best football on the planet in that run in

Did he bollocks. I'd say the Madrid game was the best football I've seen under Rafa, mainly because the team was at peak fitness and overpowered a poor Madrid side. In the league we were our pragmatic selves, with our two best players making the difference.

So taking into account that we're going backwards under a manager obviously clinging on, there's no one else out there who could come in with fresh ideas and methods and finish in the top 4 and have us playing something resembling football?

How about get the manager a politics free environment, give him backing in the transfer market, see if the players are fit and then look forward to replicating last seasons run in.

People have such short memories

How about get the manager a politics free environment, give him backing in the transfer market, see if the players are fit and then look forward to replicating last seasons run in.

Last season was far from a politics free environment, so how could the football possibly be as a good as it was in the run-in?

Short memories?

You'd think he'd took over last season. He's been backed and has a squad packed full of top class internationals and we still can't string two passes together. His methods and philosophy just do not work in this country, more money or otherwise.

Did he bollocks. I'd say the Madrid game was the best football I've seen under Rafa, mainly because the team was at peak fitness and overpowered a poor Madrid side. In the league we were our pragmatic selves, with our two best players making the difference.

grow up

28 03.03.2009 Sunderland home W2-0 3 58

29 14.03.2009 Manchester United away W4-1 2 61

30 22.03.2009 Aston Villa home W5-0 2 64

31 04.04.2009 Fulham away W1-0 1 67

32 11.04.2009 Blackburn Rovers home W4-0 2 70

33 21.04.2009 Arsenal home D4-4 1 71

34 25.04.2009 Hull City away W3-1 2 74

35 03.05.2009 Newcastle United home W3-0 2 77

36 09.05.2009 West Ham United away W3-0 1 80

37 17.05.2009 West Bromwich Albion away W2-0 2 83

38 24.05.2009 Tottenham Hotspur home W3-1 2 86

grow up

28 03.03.2009 Sunderland home W2-0 3 58

29 14.03.2009 Manchester United away W4-1 2 61

30 22.03.2009 Aston Villa home W5-0 2 64

31 04.04.2009 Fulham away W1-0 1 67

32 11.04.2009 Blackburn Rovers home W4-0 2 70

33 21.04.2009 Arsenal home D4-4 1 71

34 25.04.2009 Hull City away W3-1 2 74

35 03.05.2009 Newcastle United home W3-0 2 77

36 09.05.2009 West Ham United away W3-0 1 80

37 17.05.2009 West Bromwich Albion away W2-0 2 83

38 24.05.2009 Tottenham Hotspur home W3-1 2 86

You're the one accusing people of having short memories and then you back up your point by looking at a three-month spell amongst a six year reign. It's not very consistent.

Last season was far from a politics free environment, so how could the football possibly be as a good as it was in the run-in?

I didn't say otherwise, i said how about giving him that and then replicating that football. The less distractions the more likely that is to happen.

Our best players have been off form and out with injuries - it happens

So taking into account that we're going backwards under a manager obviously clinging on, there's no one else out there who could come in with fresh ideas and methods and finish in the top 4 and have us playing something resembling football?

Of course there is, but that doesn't make them the best long term solution does it?

You're the one accusing people of having short memories and then you back up your point by looking at a three-month spell amongst a six year reign. It's not very consistent.

My point was we are capable when our players are fit and on form. I was referring to the fact that we nearly won the league a few months ago so we are capable.

To be fair to Rafa, he did have us playing some extraordinary football during last season's run in. Unfortunately, however, over a six year period that has proven to be the exception rather than the rule, I think it's impossible to say otherwise.

We consistently had a number of great European displays, where we'd go at teams straight from the off and batter them with aggressive attacking football. He's never done it consistently though in the league - you're right there.

I didn't say otherwise, i said how about giving him that and then replicating that football. The less distractions the more likely that is to happen.

Benitez has never, in all of his career as a manager, had a politics free environment. It seems to follow him everywhere he goes.

He was successful at Valencia under what he described as terrible conditions, so again I don't think your points are consistent with the facts.

Am I judging results here or style of football? As there's a difference.

Oh and that Sunderland game was painful before we got a lucky break.

and the others? we were superb in many of those games, unless i was pissed and imagining it

you want perfect football and results, it happens once in a blue moon in this country.

Yeah, there are others. But I actually think we could temp him.

I don't want Hiddink as I simply don't think he is good enough and his record with big clubs seems to point to this.

I don't want Mourinho more for the reasons of how he acts. But he certainly has been very successfull, and if we did employ him, then he'd get my support while manager. But I couldn't warm to him as I think he's a prize cunt.

I am very nervous of who we'll end up with though if the Yanks have to pick someone. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Klinsmann here with Venebales as his assistant. Or Bryan Robson.

Fair enough, I generally do think Hiddink would have been good enough for our club. He has had plenty of experience behind him, even a brief spell in England, where he was successful to a good extent. I thought a three-year-project would have suited us and him.

I like Mourinho as I think he is a bit different and is very successfull. We won't end up with him though, I just can't see it.

I really do not see how we could temp Capello. The others that I can think of is Blanc at Bordeaux, he seems to have potential and may look for a new challange. But alot on here seem to want a ready made, experienced manager. Hodgson? Rijkaard? Very debatable.

what makes me laugh about those clamouring for him is that he plays shite football and is a cunt. He won when others were weak and spent hundreds of millions yet didn't get the better of rafa in the cl or the cup

But cup games are one offs. Barnsley beat us in the cup once. And don't forget in Europe we beat them by the narrowest margin possible on both occasions, the games were so tight you might as well have tossed a coin. Plus I'm sure they beat us at Cardiff in 2005.

And our league record against him was hardly glittering was it? 1 win in 3 seasons wasn't it? Plus a 4-1 defeat at home? They weren't too shite on that occasion.

You're straw clutching.

My point was we are capable when our players are fit and on form. I was referring to the fact that we nearly won the league a few months ago so we are capable.

Gerrard and Torres were injured a lot last season as well, this year isn't a new phenomenon.

And again, the example of nearly winning the league sticks out as a sore thumb in the sense that it's one season out of six.

Benitez has never, in all of his career as a manager, had a politics free environment. It seems to follow him everywhere he goes.

He was successful at Valencia under what he described as terrible conditions, so again I don't think your points are consistent with the facts.

So if we had a politics free environment it would be beneficial, that is my point.

No manager puts up with the shit he does, the media are against him and our owner situation is farcical.

Look at fergie when the glazers took over,

You're dreaming. He creates that enviroment himself because he uses it to his advantage whenever he needs to. It's worse in Spain and he knows it. He's like a fat kid in a sweet shop with all the control and indulging he gets here.

Gerrard and Torres were injured a lot last season as well, this year isn't a new phenomenon.

And again, the example of nearly winning the league sticks out as a sore thumb in the sense that it's one season out of six.

Didn't really have a chance in hell in those first few seasons.

I think we should have challenged this year bu we have cocked it up.

I didn't expect challenges in those first few years