You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sven is a tosser.

Guest danhaddad

Guest danhaddad

Fucking miserable git. Just saw him on Sky pleading again for a winter break to be brought in. Ranieri was also defending this. Dont know what Ged's opinion on this is, but is it any surprise that it is only the foreign managers calling for one. Those who want to tamper with our game can fuck off and go and manage in Italy or Germany. Really pisses me off. England are not shite because our league has no break, but because they play shite tactics, inept players and they have a shit manager - ( sounds familiar ;) )

If a winter break was ever introduced it would be a disgrace.

Fucking miserable git. Just saw him on Sky pleading again for a winter break to be brought in. Ranieri was also defending this. Dont know what Ged's opinion on this is, but is it any surprise that it is only the foreign managers calling for one. Those who want to tamper with our game can fuck off and go and manage in Italy or Germany. Really pisses me off. England are not shite because our league has no break, but because they play shite tactics, inept players and they have a shit manager - ( sounds familiar ;) )

If a winter break was ever introduced it would be a disgrace.

And he looks like Mr Burns.

What a tw*t!

Guest Original202

A winter break in January wouldn't bother me.

As long as the Christmas games, new years day, and FA cup 3rd round games weren't affected.

A two week break from around the 5th to the 20th would be ok. So long as it was a complete break. I.E no friendlies or showcase matches or money spinning tours.

Don't think there's any real need for it though.

Guest danhaddad

Given these very good points, my view seems a bit extreme. I can see the benefits of such a break in Jan, but it still in my view should not happen. Looks like it will though, as all the prem chaimen have now agreed to the idea in principle.

Guest Stormbringer
I bet the top clubs use it as a chance to go on tours of the Far East etc and earn some cash, rather than giving their players a rest.

Ur dead right.

Also it will add to fixture congestion as you can guarentee 10-14 days of summer like weather followed by freak blizzards in Feb

And the games still have to be played, probably in midweek - which isn't as popular as Saturday football.

Though they've never given a fuck about that, why should they start now?

So the games we'd play on New Years Day and following weekends goes into the midweeks of February and March, when some teams have got European matches and cup replays.

So the season has to be put back - and then Sven's kicking off again!!!

What a fucking farce.

If they do it, lets hope its for the right reasons, ot to go on tour like some opsts have suggested. At the end of the day the amountof time off they are proposing is only like when we get knocked out a cup anyway. I think a month off though could do more harm than good. The season would be extended almost into June and it'd be like two half seasons, as players would have to regain fitness all over again.

Ultimately speaking though I think its bollocks that the England team is shit cos we dont have one. In Brazil they play about 70 games a year and 18 World Cup qualifiers, but its not done them any harm. I also dont understand why only the Premiership gets one, dont the Nationwide players who have a 46 game season deserve it too?

By calling for this and maybe getting what he wants it looks like Sven is staying with England, which is a shame. I'd love to see him take the Chelsea job and sign Vasell, Neville and Mills.

they've already said clubs will be barred from going on tour to play games and the players will have 7 days off away from their clubs (not off to some dubious training camp in La Manga) - think this is the best compromise with an extra week in May added to the season. It's only one game that gets shifted.