You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If rafa does go (and i want him to) who do we get to replace him?

Rick9

Right now, I will give it to anyone. I won't even mind if we get Houllier back.

Seriously though, I will put Kenny in charge today in a heartbeat. Even if he gets 10% more from the players and give them a good kick/cuddle to let them know what it means playing for Liverpool. Some of the cunts needs reminding for sure.

Sell Babel to Birmingham, pay off Rafa and put Kenny in charge. Worry about the permanent manager in the summer. Even Capello might be available then.

EDIT: Fuck the style of football shite. Top 4 is more important right now than the style of football. There is no point in being a Fulham and playing nice football.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This keeps being trotted out. Where exactly? Do you know how much managers in Spain are paid in comparison - Guardiola received £2m last year which included a £500,000 bonus for winning the Champions League. Pellegrini is on £3m base salary. Both less than Moyes, let alone Rafa with his £5m a year deal.

They pay less tax in Spain, so take home pay is probably comparable.

Right now, I will give it to anyone. I won't even mind if we get Houllier back.

Seriously though, I will put Kenny in charge today in a heartbeat. Even if he gets 10% more from the players and give them a good kick/cuddle to let them know what it means playing for Liverpool. Some of the cunts needs reminding for sure.

Sell Babel to Birmingham, pay off Rafa and put Kenny in charge. Worry about the permanent manager in the summer. Even Capello might be available then.

EDIT: Fuck the style of football shite. Top 4 is more important right now than the style of football. There is no point in being a Fulham and playing nice football.

Spot on for me.

Caretaker role, take stock and decide in the summer

But what sane manager would come in and work under the yanks. I had this discussion with a mate last night after the game and does anybody really believe that Kenny would firstly take the interim job and secondly be any good??

This is one of the reasons I would hate Kenny to take it - I couldn't take it when the fans turned on him before the end of the season. And they would.

I'm not asking him too, get the summer, take stock, then see

People would turn on Kenny. If he came in then people would view him as a saviour (not people on here, I'm talking about the ones who fill the stadium - a lot of whom aren't on forums). The only way he could save himself would be to tell them "I'm not here to win anything, I'm going to try and get UEFA cup football next season" and that won't go down well with other fans.

If you're accepting not winning as long as we play good football, who do you reckon?

I think we should move heaven and earth for Hiddink on a short term contract, and if that fails then we could do worse than putting Kenny in as a caretaker and waiting for Real Madrid to sack Pellegrini. I've mentioned both already in the thread and I think both are realistic too.

They pay less tax in Spain, so take home pay is probably comparable.

Another myth - not if you are SPANISH - the top rate for income tax is currently 43%, which is actually higher than in Britain at the moment. There's a loophole where overseas players and managers end up playing far less, but the government is in any case now moving to close this.

This thread has been dominating my thoughts today and here is my latest suggestion: the autopilot from Airplane. All you need is motivational skills, right? Just looking at his chirpy inflated face would give the players a considerable spring in their step as they took to the famous Anfield turf. Especially if it was the scene where he's getting a sucktreat from the air hostess. Tactics schmactics.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Another myth - not if you are SPANISH - the top rate for income tax is currently 43%, which is actually higher than in Britain at the moment. There's a loophole where overseas players and managers end up playing far less, but the government is in any case now moving to close this.

That's right, but as of april it'll be 50% here. You're right though, it's a bit of a myth - providing certain loopholes are not used.

The top rate in Britain is 50% if you earn more than £150,000.

Ok, I am right behind you.

That's fine, I'll follow Code though, he's a great leader of men, he has a university degree in it.

About the topic, I do not see the point in changing now, January is the same for the managers as it is for the players. We're out of pretty much everything, and the 4th in the PL is a stretch, as the things go these days. This seems to be a lame duck season, we will have a lame duck manager, we should simply get a loan CF and limp through the rest of the season. Let Rafa save what he can, if he can. I think he has earned that much.

Meanwhile, we should take the time to figure out what to do. If it is a change of the manager, as seems likely, the club shouldn't be pushed by the fans, the media, or anyone. We need the "right" next manager, possibly a bit of an outsider like Rafa was, and if that's the course to take, we must have the change in place in May.

Overall, I'm just sad with this season.

Reincarnate Shankly it's our only hope.

No seriously I think we need to say adios to Rafa and have a caretaker in till the summer and go fishing for a new manager then. I would prefer it to be a homegrown manager than another foriegn one but I don't see that happening and I have no idea who would fit the bill to be honest.

We do need a major shake up on and off the pitch.

I'm going back to praying for the first time in 20 years, 'tis our only hope.