You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reading v Liverpool - 3 January 2010

rubble-rouser

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone at the club every just spoke out and said Gerrard you should never take a corner again for 2 reasons. 1. you are shit at taking corners and 2. you are arguably our best header of the ball and striker of the ball outside the box; thus best goal threat.

Do we score many goals from set pieces? I am genuinely asking because for a man like Benitez that is football mad why to me are all our set pieces shite.

Guest Pistonbroke
Why Benayoun didn't start was annoying, he is our most attacking threat bar Torres and Gerrard.

Oh come on. The team put out today should have beaten reading. Lack of passion and it's plain to see we are a fucking mess all down the line. I doubt Benayoun being played would have made a huge difference. He'd have been stuck on the left were he is wasted. Benayoun should be played in the hole or as a floating player as it is where he produces his best football.

Look at City's team against Boro.

Left back in midfield, young left winger, rookie centre half. Yet they dominated a better team and won.

Is it the players or the manager at fault for a team that refuse to put their foot on the ball and play it around? Imagine Torres in a team that played nice attacking football. Wow.

Oh come on. The team put out today should have beaten reading. Lack of passion and it's plain to see we are a fucking mess all down the line. I doubt Benayoun being played would have made a huge difference. He'd have been stuck on the left were he is wasted. Benayoun should be played in the hole or as a floating player as it is where he produces his best football.

I agree, but the buck stops with the manager.

Had the players came out with a fantastic 8-0 performance with Yossi fucking RB I would still be applauding Rafa.

Reading Daves mag now for quite a well and the forums but first time to post so go easy on me haha......

but tonight was just another performance that goes with all the others apart from maybe hull and stoke(and their shit) but our standard of football belongs in the championship, no passing because we cant pass the ball any more, constant fouling especially from lucus who must have ten needless fouls per game and a non stop bypassing of midfield with 40 yard long balls or career making passes, the only thing is gerard has his career already so please god just play simple football...im finding it hard to watch us now, very hard and ive supported them for 30 years, i guess we keep on hoping we regain the form of end last season but its hard to see it anytime soon

But when your players are freebies or cheap (as in ngog) and they are your only choice,

What do you expect?

Do you really think Rafa chose freebies over expensive signings?

We just drew away in the cup with one of our strongest sides against a Lower League side fighting relegation.

We are also out of the CL out of the league Race and creating about 3 chances a game and playing like absolute arseholes.

Now tell me, why the fuck does that have to do money?

Interestingly Aurelio was the only free signing in that team today.

Reina - 6 mil

Darby - N/A

Skrtel - 7 mil

Carragher - N/A

Insua - 1.1 mil

Kuyt - 12 mil

Lucas - 10 Mil

Aquilani 20 Mil

Aurelio - free

Gerrard - N/A

Torres - 20+ mil

Ngog - 2 mil

That's 43.1 million pounds worth of players deemed not good enough by a fair few or yet to make an impact. Pretty shit really considering he's got limited funds.

Benayouyn has been since this time last season our best attacking threat, bar Torres and Gerrard. Thanks to Benitez, we can't win the league or the Champs League or the League Cup. This is one of two last chances to win a trophy and he doesn't start Benayoun... I just don't agree with that decision.

Our side didn't lack passion today, it was about the only attribute we did have. We lacked organisation, the ability to keep possession and quality.

Benitez has created a side which is highly reliant on two match winners and unless they produce the goods we struggle and looks out of ideas and toothless.

Kuyt is all huff and no puff. Aurelio can get an assist from a set play, but otherwise isn't going to hurt Reading too much on the wing. Ngog has done well this season, but should he really be a second best strioker at a club that is looking to win all competition, like we are. Benayoun - our best wide player was left out. I don't see why Darby was used, when we could have put Carragher at rioght back and played Agger / Skrtel together - a stronger defense.

Benitez is making bad decision after bad decision and enough is enough.

Guest Pistonbroke
I agree, but the buck stops with the manager.

Had the players came out with a fantastic 8-0 performance with Yossi fucking RB I would still be applauding Rafa.

I agree with you too. A lot of our fans attach a win to the genius of Benitez and yet when we lose, draw or perform badly absolve him from any blame. Benitez plays the fans perfectly imo and he knows he'll always have a kop out for bad management in the shape of the yanks. We are riddled at the moment and the worms are digging bigger holes. I honestly can't see things getting any better until something explodes.

Guest Pistonbroke
Benayouyn has been since this time last season our best attacking threat, bar Torres and Gerrard. Thanks to Benitez, we can't win the league or the Champs League or the League Cup. This is one of two last chances to win a trophy and he doesn't start Benayoun... I just don't agree with that decision.

Our side didn't lack passion today, it was about the only attribute we did have. We lacked organisation, the ability to keep possession and quality.

Benitez has created a side which is highly reliant on two match winners and unless they produce the goods we struggle and looks out of ideas and toothless.

Kuyt is all huff and no puff. Aurelio can get an assist from a set play, but otherwise isn't going to hurt Reading too much on the wing. Ngog has done well this season, but should he really be a second best strioker at a club that is looking to win all competition, like we are. Benayoun - our best wide player was left out. I don't see why Darby was used, when we could have put Carragher at rioght back and played Agger / Skrtel together - a stronger defense.

Benitez is making bad decision after bad decision and enough is enough.

I stopped reading when you wrote we didn't lack passion. sorry.

I agree with you too. A lot of our fans attach a win to the genius of Benitez and yet when we lose, draw or perform badly absolve him from any blame. Benitez plays the fans perfectly imo and he knows he'll always have a kop out for bad management in the shape of the yanks. We are riddled at the moment and the worms are digging bigger holes. I honestly can't see things getting any better until something explodes.

Spot on

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez inspired by Anfield's famous anthem as his side prepare for must-win game in Lyon | Mail Online

Interestingly Aurelio was the only free signing in that team today.

Reina - 6 mil

Darby - N/A

Skrtel - 7 mil

Carragher - N/A

Insua - 1.1 mil

Kuyt - 12 mil

Lucas - 10 Mil

Aquilani 20 Mil

Aurelio - free

Gerrard - N/A

Torres - 20+ mil

Ngog - 2 mil

That's 43.1 million pounds worth of players deemed not good enough by a fair few or yet to make an impact. Pretty shit really considering he's got limited funds.

When you consider Gerrard is the best player in the world and Carragher one of the best defenders in the league, they more than make up a large sum of money.

How much was Readings squad worth? Infact don't answer that, money isn't the issue at hand here. They are fighting relegation in a lower league to us, and we lacked passion, ability and everything which we had last year, and we where made to look out of their league, and not in a good way either.

Although in truth, we've lacked all of the above this season.

I think one of our main problems right now is that there seems to be no alternative in the dressing room, no one to offer anything different. Pellegrino and Sammy Lee just seem to be agreeing with everything that Rafa does.

Why Benayoun didn't start was annoying, he is our most attacking threat bar Torres and Gerrard.

Not just that, but why that genius footballing tactician called Rafael Benitez can't see that Dirk Kuyt is no right midfielder. Kuyt should have played up front with Torres, and Yossi on the right.

Guest davelfc
When you consider Gerrard is the best player in the world and Carragher one of the best defenders in the league, they more than make up a large sum of money.

How much was Readings squad worth? Infact don't answer that, money isn't the issue at hand here. They are fighting relegation in a lower league to us, and we lacked passion, ability and everything which we had last year, and we where made to look out of their league, and not in a good way either.

Although in truth, we've lacked all of the above this season.

I think one of our main problems right now is that there seems to be no alternative in the dressing room, no one to offer anything different. Pellegrino and Sammy Lee just seem to be agreeing with everything that Rafa does.

Fucking hell do you ever stop? Is there an 'off' button somewhere? Yes we played badly, yes they had more passion and wanted the win more Truth is it's about all they could win this season and they went for it. they'll get battered at Anfield and we move on.

Yes you hate the manager and it's all his fault, when he goes everything will be fine and fucking wonderful and there will be no more problems and we'll storm the league and suddenly some crap players will become skillful and the owners will shit cash onto the new managers desk. Real $50's made of american shit.

Do you have to twist and turn every little bastard thing into your agenda against the manager? Do you? Get a fucking life, take a broader look and for fucks sake get laid while you're at it.

We know you want him gone, there's plenty of us that deep inside know it's coming. But NO you just keep going on and on and on and on like a fucking annoying noise that you cannot get out of your head.

You're on ignore and Thank fuck for that feature. I'm sorry to the rest of you.

Guest Pistonbroke
Our side were working hard, it was just disorganised and poor in possession.

We lacked passion. if we had at least had passion we'd have matched them and beat them for skill player v player even though we played shite. The lack of passion meant we couldn't imo.