You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke
Another GF religion thread. Boring.

It might not be totally about religion but about the human mind and how it can be trained by other humans for it's own gains. It could be about nutters who chose to harm themselves. It doesn't always have to be down to religion although it always has a nasty habit of raising it's ugly man made head. I believe in what i believe in, don't need any religion to lead me. If you eat yourself up because of religion then you are becoming part of their machine to rule the World. Bit deep for a Wednesday evening, maybe i should preach on a Thursday.

"I've been training my kid to stab himself in the eye with a screwdriver"

"I'm sorry madam we're going to have to take him into care and have you prosecuted"

"It's our religion"

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry, I hope my insensitive comments didn't offend you. Carry on. Good day to you"

The Mail and Express and all those other nobheads want us to believe that scenarios like this could actually happen.

"I've been training my kid to stab himself in the eye with a screwdriver"

"I'm sorry madam we're going to have to take him into care and have you prosecuted"

"It's our religion"

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry, I hope my insensitive comments didn't offend you. Carry on. Good day to you"

Strange person you Stu.

Ha ha brilliant.

BBC News - Danish police shoot intruder at cartoonist's home

Danish police shoot intruder at cartoonist's home

Danish police have shot and wounded a man at the home of Kurt Westergaard, whose cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad sparked an international row.

Mr Westergaard scrambled with his young granddaughter into a panic room at his home in Aarhus after a man wielding an axe and a knife broke in.

Danish officials said the intruder was a 28-year-old Somali linked to the radical Islamist al-Shabab militia.

The cartoon, printed in 2005, prompted violent protests the following year.

One of 12 cartoons published in the Danish newspaper Jyllands Posten, it depicted the Prophet Muhammad with a bomb in his turban.

In 2006 the paper apologised for the cartoons, but other European media reprinted them.

Danish embassies were then attacked by Muslims around the world and dozens killed in riots.

Mr Westergaard went in to hiding amid threats to his life, but emerged last year saying he wanted to live as normal a life as possible.

His house has been heavily fortified and is under close police protection.

Police said the man had entered Mr Westergaard's house armed with a knife and axe and had shouted in broken English that he wanted to kill him.

Mr Westergaard grabbed his five-year-old granddaughter and ran to a specially designed panic room where he raised the alarm.

'Strong numbers'

Fritz Keldsen, deputy chief superintendent of Aarhus city police, told the BBC: "We got the alarm message from this address, yesterday evening. And we came in strong numbers.

"When we saw the suspect, he was moving away from the scene. Then he attacked the police patrol. He did that with such skill, that they had to shoot him.

"The suspect was armed with an axe and a knife, which he used against the police. The police patrol managed to subdue him, with the use of firearms."

Police said the suspect was shot in the knee and the shoulder, but his life was not in danger.

Mr Westergaard told Jyllands Posten he was shocked that his granddaughter had witnessed the attack.

He has now been taken to a safe location, but said defiantly that he would be back, the newspaper reported.

Jakob Scharf, who heads the Danish intelligence service Pet, said the attack was "terror related" and that the suspected assailant has close contacts to Somalia's al-Shabab group.

He had been under surveillance for activities unrelated to Mr Westergaard, Mr Scharf said.

Islamic militants have placed a $1m price on Mr Westergaard's head.

Although he is one of 12 cartoonists whose drawings of the Prophet Muhammad were published in Jyllands-Posten, he has the highest profile, our correspondent says.

Attempting to kill someone because of a cartoon they drew; I hope we can say, in this instance at least, that the thread title is fully apt.

Muslims aren't a race...

Perhaps we can encourage the extremists to go one step further and kill themselves instead of blowing up planes? They get what they want as far as this festival goes, get to mess about with planes and bombs and the rest of the world doesn't suffer in the process.

shiite's don't have a tradition of blowing up the planes or suicide bombings really. that's the other sect.

Why don't these stupid cunts just have a bevvy and give their stupid, fucking, retarded religion a swerve. I'm fucking sick of this 'fatwah' shite they pass on anyone who states anything slightly offensive or insulting to the prophet Mohammed. Christianity and Judaism are full of shite but these fucking hardline Islamists are just deranged. We all accept that Mohammed was some of special dude - a big, tough faggot who bummed boys and paved the way for some fucking version of 'God' to show people the way - but that doesn't put the pederast cunt above criticism.

Like I say, have a few drinks, felllahs. And take the bags off your tarts' heads. Let us all have a look at what you're fucking, you uptight, sanctimonious, shitheads.

Why don't these stupid cunts just have a bevvy and give their stupid, fucking, retarded religion a swerve. I'm fucking sick of this 'fatwah' shite they pass on anyone who states anything slightly offensive or insulting to the prophet Mohammed. Christianity and Judaism are full of shite but these fucking hardline Islamists are just deranged. We all accept that Mohammed was some of special dude - a big, tough faggot who bummed boys and paved the way for some fucking version of 'God' to show people the way - but that doesn't put the pederast cunt above criticism.

Like I say, have a few drinks, felllahs. And take the bags off your tarts' heads. Let us all have a look at what you're fucking, you uptight, sanctimonious, shitheads.

Not a fan then?

Me thinks you did'nt get that description of the Prophect from the Koran.

Me thinks you did'nt get that description of the Prophect from the Koran.

I think 'Alun' is a fucking cunt and how about we start wiping out the suicide bombers families as a way of showing these cunts we too do a form indiscriminate mass murder except they choose their own families for the slaughter.Lets see how many martyrs step up knowing their own are going down.......ha! had you going then.

BBC News - Danish police shoot intruder at cartoonist's home

Attempting to kill someone because of a cartoon they drew; I hope we can say, in this instance at least, that the thread title is fully apt.

He didn't attempt to kill him, he didn't intend to kill him. So therefore he declares himself not guilty and it will go to the courts.

His lawyer didn't want to answer why be smashed a window to get in and why he was wielding a knife and an axe when "visiting" the Danish cartoonist.

He didn't attempt to kill him, he didn't intend to kill him. So therefore he declares himself not guilty and it will go to the courts.

His lawyer didn't want to answer why be smashed a window to get in and why he was wielding a knife and an axe when "visiting" the Danish cartoonist.

Also, why he hadn't considered the possibility than the cartoonist would just draw a door to escape through.

Sounds like he's got himself an ace lawyer because if that's not a bulletproof defense then I don't know what is.

Also, why he hadn't considered the possibility than the cartoonist would just draw a door to escape through.

heh heh.

Just as Wile E Hamza was about to stab the cartoonist bloke, an anvil drops on his head that he'd set as a plan B earlier on, knocking him through the floor of the house that was perched on an overhanging cliffside.

In all seriousness, how do you prove that he was going to kill him and not, as Moe once said, "just going to cut him a little"?