You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I Believe in RAFA becasue

Kopite82

Read the doom and gloom in every paper and off every anti rafa fan on here for the last 5 or so weeks. Bored of hearing about the lack of quality in the squad and the dissapointment of us not challenging like last season? Dispite us having a stupid amount of injuries. Tired of watching pundits rip apart the zonal marking system? Dispite it working in previous seasons and us having the best defensive record before when he's been in charge using the same system.

Well optumistic fans I want to hear your faith and a injection of your belief on this thread. I want to create a thread for the pro rafa fans only with no arguing with hypercrits who loved every minute of last season, but the minute it gets hard turn on the manager. (ignore the anti comments lets keep this positive only) I'm not daft I know he's not 100% perfect but who is? Analysing his mistakes day after day isn't healthy. So here's the thread for the man thousands of reds (including me) still believe in and know he's the right man for liverpool.

Start your replies with...I believe in RAFA becasue

I don't think having thread contributions limited to certain viewpoints goes far enough. We need two FFs - one pro-Rafa and one anti. That way we can just agree with each other all day long. Those on the Rafa-fence can move freely between both forums but only if they tailor their posts to suit their current location. They also need to be be formally certified as 'Rafa-agnostics' before being allowed this freedom.

Why do you react so badly to "Net spend"?

I'm not trying to start another one of those discussions but surely it's relevant?

It's never been relevant before, it will never be relevant again and why should it be relevant now.

It takes no consideration of the talent currently at his disposal, the quality of players bought for little money, or the duds bought for lots of money.

If people don't pack in this net spend shit I will net spend all over their mothers faces.

It's never been relevant before, it will never be relevant again and why should it be relevant now.

It takes no consideration of the talent currently at his disposal, the quality of players bought for little money, or the duds bought for lots of money.

If people don't pack in this net spend shit I will net spend all over their mothers faces.

It has been relevant before - it's always relevant. What makes you say it is irrelevant now?

One of the first things Shankly (and every manager since has had transfer funds refused by the board) had to do was to cope with the amount of money he had to build a team with.

By Net spend I'm presuming you mean "money available after deals" (which consists of the transfer budget allocated and any funds that can be raised by selling players you don't see a role for or any players you feel you can sccrafice to bring in more players in the hope of strengthening what you see as weak areas - correct me if I'm wrong).

If it's the case that you have zero funds from the board then surely the only way you can purchase new players is to sell players from your current squad.

The net result of this is to replace players without effectively spending funds that don't exist. Do you agree that this represents "Net spend"?

[YOUTUBE]ZoS8j9eNMZU[/YOUTUBE]

I believe better players are our are future

Scout them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride, to make it easier

Let the player's laughter remind us how we used to be

Everybody searching for a hero

People need someone to look up to

Rafa never found anyone to fulfill our width needs

A lonely place to be

So I learned to depend on me