You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Aquilani turns out to be shit

Antynwa

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for sharing that Ant.

When I go the shops tommorrow I pass traffic lights. If I stop at the red light I'll probably be safe, but if I go through it, I will probably kill some old lady crossing. It's make or break really.

If Aquilani is to save Rafa and turn this season around then he's going to have to be one of the best signings the club has ever made. There can be no more excuses for Rafa. He has bought and sold the players he wanted to. His signings, his squad, his team, he picks the players and he decides the tactics.

It is painfully obvious that the squad of players he has assembled just isn't good enough. It's either this or he just isn't the man to take us any further. He's made alarming mistakes with his transfers and he should stand up and take responsibility.

People are worried about the G+H selling our best players. Well if this continues they wont need much persuading to go. There's already been a steady trickle of players asking to go for one reason or another. Masch, Babel, Alonso if you believe he actually wasn't forced out. Vorronin had to be forced to come back.

Given the plight of our club at present what should have been a formality of a game against Lyon on Tuesday has now become one of the most important games in our recent history. We go out the CL at this stage the shit that is currently in mid air will well and truly hit the fan.

UEM you still offering them odds ?

If Aquilani is to save Rafa and turn this season around then he's going to have to be one of the best signings the club has ever made. There can be no more excuses for Rafa. He has bought and sold the players he wanted to. His signings' date=' his squad, his team, he picks the players and he decides the tactics.

It is painfully obvious that the squad of players he has assembled just isn't good enough. It's either this or he just isn't the man to take us any further. He's made alarming mistakes with his transfers and he should stand up and take responsibility.

People are worried about the G+H selling our best players. Well if this continues they wont need much persuading to go. There's already been a steady trickle of players asking to go for one reason or another. Masch, Babel, Alonso if you believe he actually wasn't forced out. Vorronin had to be forced to come back.

Given the plight of our club at present what should have been a formality of a game against Lyon on Tuesday has now become one of the most important games in our recent history. We go out the CL at this stage the shit that is currently in mid air will well and truly hit the fan.

UEM you still offering them odds ?[/quote']

Spot on. That is one hell of a post.

If Aquilani is to save Rafa and turn this season around then he's going to have to be one of the best signings the club has ever made. There can be no more excuses for Rafa. He has bought and sold the players he wanted to. His signings' date=' his squad, his team, he picks the players and he decides the tactics.

[/quote']

he's also doing it on the 5th budget in the league and virtually no net spending on players so of course there are reasons why things might not go according to how we'd like just like City's improvement is more to do with them spending 200 million than any managerial brilliance

UEM you still offering them odds ?[/quote']

No i'm not having that, we do have some average players in the squad , no doubt but thats because rafa has constantly been given the scraps at the table. Apart from Torres , johnson and 1 or 2 others perhaps. He said it himself that all his big money signings had to succeed because unlike the scum and chelseas of this division he cant afford to make expensive mistakes or wait too long for big money buys to settle in.

As for the comment "He has bought and sold the players he wanted to. His signings, his squad, his team" , that is bollocks, he wheeled and dealed as best he could given that his budjet has been way short of what is required to win the league.

Who could predict that a normally solid defence should suddenly ship so many goals and that Carragher would start the season in such dogshit form ?

Everybody seems to be banging on about Aquilani not being available for 3 months , but thats who he wanted to spend 20 million on as a long term prospect - if he didnt want anybody else whats the point in buying anybody else?

The fact is that we are one of the best and most famous football clubs in world football , and are being run into the ground by a pair of selfish greedy americans , not Rafa Benitez.

The majority's opinions will change when we go on one of our great runs. Obviously the bigger majority will change if we won the league.

All a winning run will do is show that our squad isn't underperforming anymore.

We started slowly every year, except one, under Rafa. This is unfortunately the status quo for his reign. Our title challenge over by November. The ONLY thing that could change my mind is a league title. That's it.

Sixteen panadol, three pethadine, fourteen valium, half a pint of vodka, one large bag of Cadbury's chocolate buttons. One picture of a scantily clad Salma Hayak (in some movie about vampires). Then a wank. Let's see what happens first - I come, I shit myself or I die. Maybe a simultaneous combination of all three. It's all conjecture, but let's wait and see.

Ever thought about the possibility of it going the other way? This is all becoming eerily Houllier 03-04 to me.

I refuse to look at it that way John, I can understand people being worried and concerned but I get really irritated by the comparisons with Houllier. They are two totally different managers, but I believe people use Houllier's 5 year plan comment and his final season to beat Rafa with. People have put there own expectations about us into the realms of impossibility.

We are only 7 points behind, the title is not beyond the realms of possibility of becoming a reality. It's going to be difficult but lets not throw the towel in just yet. Too many defeatists in our support if you ask me.

I refuse to look at it that way John, I can understand people being worried and concerned but I get really irritated by the comparisons with Houllier. They are two totally different managers, but I believe people use Houllier's 5 year plan comment and his final season to beat Rafa with. People have put there own expectations about us into the realms of impossibility.

We are only 7 points behind, the title is not beyond the realms of possibility of becoming a reality. It's going to be difficult but lets not throw the towel in just yet. Too many defeatists in our support if you ask me.

Loving your optimism, however I think proabability would be a better way of looking at things