You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

Alexander Ferguson is the greatest football manager of all time.

I thought that once. Then he left behind a clusterfuck. In fairness, that makes him no different to any other successful manager in English football history - with one non-amnesty-requiring exception.

Emre Can won't make it here. He is in between the bench and first team, and I'm sure he believes he should be in the first eleven all the time. To my mind he hasn't really kicked on as I once thought he might, and the more I look at him the more I'm not convinced he will be a top level player.  

I don't know who we will buy - Kessie, Dahoud, Forsberg, someone else - but I reckon we will see a new midfielder come in the summer, and Can will be the surprising departure 

• Upvote 1

I like David Luiz don't get the hate aimed at him.

I reckon if we had signed the Sheriff we would be top of the table.

Luiz is a quality centre back, oozes class. Most people form their opinion on him cause of the xenophobic British media.

Liverpool are shit, and Klopp is a myth!

Sent from my B1-770 using Tapatalk

Luiz is a quality centre back, oozes class. Most people form their opinion on him cause of the xenophobic British media.

I wouldn't say he's a quality centre back but he's definitely not the disaster the English media so desperately say he is or want him to be.

He has a better touch, weight of pass and shooting ability than 75% of the midfielders and strikers in the Premier League.

I wouldn't say he's a quality centre back but he's definitely not the disaster the English media so desperately say he is or want him to be.

He has a better touch, weight of pass and shooting ability than 75% of the midfielders and strikers in the Premier League.

Exactly what I ldo ok for in a centre half.

He might be good in this 3 in the back system when he's got two people either side to do his defending for him, but he's a fucking rubbish defender.

I don't mind Gary Neville.

He was an excellent full back, and didn't he refuse to have an Agent as he believed in his Trade Union?

Been quite good as a Sky Pundit too, and was unfairly castigated recently over the Liverpool Goalkeeping comments( considering Carragher said even more on the issue,and got off lightly)

Everton supporter in "I don't mind a Utd player" shocker.

You'll be telling us George Michael was gay next.

• Upvote 2

Everton supporter in "I don't mind a Utd player" shocker.

You'll be telling us George Michael was gay next.

What? George Michael was gay?

He was straight when Everton last won a trophy.

I thought that once. Then he left behind a clusterfuck. In fairness, that makes him no different to any other successful manager in English football history - with one non-amnesty-requiring exception.

A lot of mancs also criticise him for the same thing but he left them with a team that easily won the title. I think the mancs are just using that to excuse the failings of LVG and Mourinho. 

The last point is not that controversial, in my opinion.

Questionable player recruitment, 88 Cup Final, 90 Semi-Final, etc. All of which were uncharacteristic of what LFC had become. Sad but true.

Kuyt was boss, though. A man for the big occasion.

if you wanted to lose it he was.