You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

I think Paul Scholes is massively overrated. He was good at drifting into the box and scored some great goals in the days of keane and beckham etc but when he moved back to playing as a proper midfielder he was mediocre. He lived off the success of all the great players he had round him. He doesn't come near the level of Gerrard.

I agree, Scum don't miss him at all and they aren't exactly brilliant in terms of central midfielders

also think Van Der Sar was nowhere near the level of the worlds top keepers

Gary Neville is a decent pundit

Was just checking the thread before posting so have to qoute you, but I have to agree he is not as bad as I thought he would be.

Caught him for the first time tonight, a bit unawares I must admit, and he was actually talking sense?

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm losing my interest in football, i was a mad 10/10 now I'm a cooling off 7/10. The game is riddled with money grabbing tossers, ego's and the modern day fans in general are a bunch of mongs. Not all, but a very high percentage.

I think Lucas has become a comfort blanket for those who miss Rafa.

Agreed.

On that vein, I also think several players, like Kyrgiakos, Insua and Aquilani are\were highly rated by some people (especially over at RAWK) merely to vindicate Rafa.

There is certainly something in this, but I think the opposite is also true to some extent.

Some people refuse to believe Lucas is even a decent player, because he was signed by Rafa. Others believe that he was utterly shit when we signed him and just all of sudden became really good recently.

Aquilani is always going to be the topic of much debate because of who he replaced. I think he's a good player, but was a risky signing considering his price and injury record. I can understand him being moved on. I don't think there is any need to pretend we'd be better than Barcelona had he stayed, nor that he was the worst signing in the history of football.

I'm losing my interest in football, i was a mad 10/10 now I'm a cooling off 7/10. The game is riddled with money grabbing tossers, ego's and the modern day fans in general are a bunch of mongs. Not all, but a very high percentage.

I feel the same way.

We've bought badly and in truth Kenny isn't upto the huge task in hand.

Is correct. KD was not a great manager the first time around. He inherited a great team and had Bob around to help him. He did a lot of damage to the club.

KD is out of his depth. His buys have been woeful.

Carroll £35. We were rudely strumpeted. I would think twice at £10m

Adam. As I said even for a cheaper player £7m or so he is just not good enough. Not athletic and he runs like my grandad.

Henderson. Some raw young talent in there. But even at the lower price quoted £13m we were raped.

I got a little over excited at the start of the season and feel my outside chance of prem winners is now well wide of the mark.

Think Adam is out of his depth and needs to raise his game in a big way to have a future here.

Wish people would stop hating on kids like hendo and carrol, they are young and deserve at least a season to bed in.

Admit i was wrong on Bellamy, he is a great freebie.

hope Gerrard plays till he is 70

Wish i could see just once what Suarez and Torres would have been like

Think Pepe has gone downhill, he use to be worth easily 9 points a season and i cant remember the last time he made a worldy or saved a pen..... something he made look childs play in his first few seasons. But maybe its the ball?

Feel the same about Dirk, i have always been a fan and defended Dirk but the more he plays these days the worse he looks, its like hes playing for the other team most of the time and if were serious about being in contention he is a squad player at the very very best.

Just because people got their hopes and expectations sky high before the season kicked off or after the first two games doesn't suddenly make Kenny a bad manager or the players he bought bad.

It just makes some people impatient children who need to grow up a little.

We have got a shitload of clueless impatient, crying knobs following us.

I don't mind OOT's.

I have only ever looked at RAWK once.

I'd go even further than that and say that online, Liverpool quite easily has the most clueless and cringe-worthy fans, if you go to any other teams forums to read an opinion from the opposition, there's always at least a couple of Liverpool fans on there trying to argue and just coming across as toe-curlingly clueless.

In other words, we have the most 'Abs'es

Is correct. KD was not a great manager the first time around. He inherited a great team and had Bob around to help him. He did a lot of damage to the club.

KD is out of his depth. His buys have been woeful.

Carroll £35. We were rudely strumpeted. I would think twice at £10m

Adam. As I said even for a cheaper player £7m or so he is just not good enough. Not athletic and he runs like my grandad.

Henderson. Some raw young talent in there. But even at the lower price quoted £13m we were raped.

I reckon you are a cunt.