You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Love, actually

Guest SharQ

Love actually.. Whaddayareckon?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Love actually.. Whaddayareckon?

• I won't see it: It is going to suck
    • I won't see it: I can't be bothered
    • I won't see it: I will disown you, Haje!
    • I will see it: But I have no high hopes
    • I will see it: I think it will be worth watching
    • I will see it: Ambivalence all the way
    • I have seen it: I thought your review was dead on, Haje! Four stars!
    • I have seen it: It was interesting, but nothing more
    • I have seen it: It fucking sucked. Haje, you suck too.
    • I have seen it: I left halfway through the film

Okay, I went to see this the other day and my up-to-now bestestest friend has disowned me for it.

Despite of that, I would like to come with a rather shocking statement:

Love , Actually is actually quite a lovely film

It was witty, and had me laughing out loud more times since.. well.. Pirates of the Carribbean, but apart from that film, it is the funniest film I have seen this year.

It was hot - Keira Knightly is the hottest thing to ever come out of Britain, and there were several other stunningly beautiful women in it. Quite a few tasty men as well, if you were so inclines

It was cute - Of course, being a romantic christmas film, that was to be expected and hated, but for a rom-com, this one doesn't actually fair so bad. It tells the story of a whole bunch of obvious, but also a few unlikely, people. Not all of which end up well, I must add.

Okay, so hugh grant is an annoying prick, but it seems that the filmmakers have realised that, and decided to take the fact and run with it, and surprisingly, it quite worked.

In its own very limited way, Love, Actually is a moving and actually kinda sweet film which gets four out of five stars on the SharQometer.

If you have some bird you want to impress - this is the film to take her to. And if you are painfully single, painfully aware of it, and ready to feel miserable through a film, this is the film to take yourself and a few quid for popcorn to.

Haje