You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

No. You didn't get it.

If he works out, his dynamic play would be like Arshavin for Arsenal. A total dynamo.

If he doesn't work out, I reckon he'd be as poor or worse than Babel due to his nature/attitude.

I don't think he'd be just 'ok'.

so you don't think he'll work out and you don't think he won't work out....

if anyone thinks a kid who's fucking off his own fans in the dutch league can come to England and play better behind Torres than one of the finest players in the world then they're deluded.

show some respect for the traditions of the club.

and he can't play right or left, he would be another terrible signing for that position but when our scouts recommend the likes of Downing i'd much rather have a piece of wood instead so I can understand..

His attitude isn't as bad as people on here say it is. He's a type of player who always wants to win and the Ajax side he's in nowadays is very poor for their standard so it makes him look bad in my opinion. He's a great finisher and he's got some of that never-say-die attitude most of our players have so I'd love to see him here. He can play both wings and/or as a striker so he'd be very useful as well.

if anyone thinks a kid who's fucking off his own fans in the dutch league can come to England and play better behind Torres than one of the finest players in the world then they're deluded.

show some respect for the traditions of the club.

and he can't play right or left, he would be another terrible signing for that position but when our scouts recommend the likes of Downing i'd much rather have a piece of wood instead so I can understand..

You must have been watching a different player then.

He reminds me of Augero and that is a huge compliment but like Sergio he is no winger... he can play there but he isn't a winger....

We are not looking for a winger (which I presume people are meaning someone like Pennant, who is an out and out winger), we are looking for someone, who can play out wide, and can also come inside and link up play, and get in the box to score goals, which is what Suarez can do brilliantly.

You must have been watching a different player then.

you're watching him against some absolute dross, in one of the best teams in their league

did you watch him in the UEFA cup?

he has proven absolutely nothing. we cannot spend that much on a player like him, Babel in 2007 was an utter waste of money. we need a player who can make an impact not sit on our bench needing 2 years to settle in and/or not be up to standard

Guest RafaIsRafa

and he can't play right or left

Who, Suarez? Yes he can and was doing it for ages with Huntelaar in the middle. He's only gone inside since he left. Granted it's wide in a 4 3 3 but then theres not really any such thing as "wingers" any more anyway. They're a dying breed.

you're watching him against some absolute dross, in one of the best teams in their league

did you watch him in the UEFA cup?

he has proven absolutely nothing. we cannot spend that much on a player like him, Babel in 2007 was an utter waste of money. we need a player who can make an impact not sit on our bench needing 2 years to settle in and/or not be up to standard

I'm curious then, if you think he has 'proven absolutely nothing', who you think would be a better signing, and what they would need to prove, to be worthy of your recommendation.

He has proven he can make the step up to play for a big club, and the comparison with Babel is nonsense. They are nothing alike beyond their similar age and the fact they both have played for Ajax.

No, I didn't see him in the UEFA Cup, but he got 5 goals and 2 assists in 10 games, which doesn't seem to be appaulingly bad. Infact, it's pretty damn good.

Guest RafaIsRafa
just like Babel can play on the left.. he looked good against Wilhelm too

Babel had absolutely nothing like the record Suarez has. So basically we should never ever sign a player from Holland because Babel hasnt worked out?

Not to simple are you?!

I'm curious then, if you think he has 'proven absolutely nothing', who you think would be a better signing, and what they would need to prove, to be worthy of your recommendation.

He has proven he can make the step up to play for a big club, and the comparison with Babel is nonsense. They are nothing alike beyond their similar age and the fact they both have played for Ajax.

No, I didn't see him in the UEFA Cup, but he got 5 goals and 2 assists in 10 games, which doesn't seem to be appaulingly bad. Infact, it's pretty damn good.

if there's no suitable players then why waste the money every year buying players who probably won't be good enough?

the truth is there's very, very few players we can (and should) spunk our cash on, the kinds of players who we know can play a lot of games a season in the first team and give us some consistancy. otherwise i'd rather give the likes of Hammill a go

if there's no suitable players then why waste the money every year buying players who probably won't be good enough?

the truth is there's very, very few players we can (and should) spunk our cash on, the kinds of players who we know can play a lot of games a season in the first team and give us some consistancy. otherwise i'd rather give the likes of Hammill a go

So you think I (and others) would want us to buy players who aren't good enough to play regularly for Liverpool?

I am honestly baffled by your views here.

So you think I (and others) would want us to buy players who aren't good enough to play regularly for Liverpool?

I am honestly baffled by your views here.

the fact is we have bought too many players who aren't or don't play regularly i.e Keane, Dossena, Babel, that's £38m, i'd rather have that concerntrated on one player who DOES play regularly, someone we KNOW will play regularly rather than someone who sits on the bench and isnt up to scratch

the fact is we have bought too many players who aren't or don't play regularly i.e Keane, Dossena, Babel, that's £38m, i'd rather have that concerntrated on one player who DOES play regularly, someone we KNOW will play regularly rather than someone who sits on the bench and isnt up to scratch

I totally agree with you mate.

But I think Suarez is a player who would improve our starting line up. He is a far superior player to Riera, and is someone who will get better the more he plays. He has all the attributes to suceed and become a world class talent.

I totally agree with you mate.

But I think Suarez is a player who would improve our starting line up. He is a far superior player to Riera, and is someone who will get better the more he plays. He has all the attributes to suceed and become a world class talent.

that's in your opinion and if he comes here and plays shite and Benayoun starts ahead of him, then we have another £12-15m player sitting on the bench and failing to make an impact.

i wouldnt take the chance, we should be shopping at the top end or not at all and bringing our own players through in the best traditions of the club

that's in your opinion and if he comes here and plays shite and Benayoun starts ahead of him, then we have another £12-15m player sitting on the bench and failing to make an impact.

i wouldnt take the chance, we should be shopping at the top end or not at all and bringing our own players through in the best traditions of the club

Well to me, shopping at the top end means bringing in the players that you think will improve your side, and not necesserally bringing in the most expensive player.

To me, the two best players to improve our left hand side are David Silva, and Luis Suarez.

Well to me, shopping at the top end means bringing in the players that you think will improve your side, and not necesserally bringing in the most expensive player.

To me, the two best players to improve our left hand side are David Silva, and Luis Suarez.

there is of course a world of difference between those 2 players, one of them plays for the best international team in the world and in a much more competitive league than the dutch league. I would pay twice the amount for a lot less question marks like that

let Suarez go to La Liga and spend a few years there then maybe we should look at him and pay big money. Maybe i'd take him if I knew Benitez would play him in the majority of games but i some how doubt it, we cannot have 'risk' player who may not make an impact